Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

I was using Phish's suggestion that would give D+ members 50% off the drink program. Not that I think that will ever happen. According to a couple threads concerning the new drink packages there will a $55 and $65 package. The $65 package includes wine up to $12 per glass. Under the new program not everyone in the cabin has to purchase it. Since we have DL / CL access, like you, I probably wouldn't be interested the drink program. Although I may do it when I sail on the Majesty.

Thanks Pete.....thought maybe i missed something as I skimmed thru the posts again. Love the CL and so enjoy meeting all the interesting cruisers we have talked with and cruised with many times since.

OB, I am begging join me in January, we can surf and rock climb. I suck at rock climbing, but am tolerable at surfing. I have to put a face to our relationship of most of a decade....

jc

Good luck with that...I have been trying to get OB to join us since his great advice to try the Adventure of the Seas.....he gives awesome advice and I for one am glad I followed his for sure....we would have missed out on a terrific ship and fantastic crew....

Great idea - not!

Over three and a half hours, you will have a concierge (or two) and five or ten people.

You will also have a multitude of angry D+ members who are now paying for their drinks and with no place to socialize.

Glad you don't work in customer relations!:rolleyes:

Been diamond for a while and will be D+ relatively soon. Only had a Grand Suite once on Navigator but the CL was horribly crowded on that cruise and the C had no to time for us at all. It was a bit disappointing to pay the big bucks for a GS and feel like that. Didn't book it for the CL perks but it was bothersome to feel crowded out by D+ guests given how much money we were spending for the perk. Even when I reach D+ I could live with suite guests having their own CL on the ships with smaller CL lounges. Oasis class is a much bigger CL so perhaps no need there but on the smaller CL size ships I can see it. Just my two cents.

Is there any way to get a thread not to show up in your participated list on Tapatalk? I'm ready not to see it any more. Just makes me ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe actually open Cruise Critic an "unsubscribe" ?

A bunch of higher up CCL cruisers are ticked that for $50 someone can buy "status" but the fact of the matter is all those $50 a pop cabins with FTTF are subsidizing part of what is given to loyalty guests.

No those $50 a pop are not subsidizing part of what is given to loyalty guest. It cost NOTHING for Carnival to let the Platinum members board first and have their rooms made up first so they can drop their bags of first. It also doesn't coast to let them tender first or have a line at GS. So, yes they are selling off what they do for their loyal guest.

If RCCL uses the discount of drink package that would just be another buy something to get something. Like all the BOGO's in the "benefit" booklet. If you want to reward me just do something less for free than do a bogo or give a price break on the cruise.

Edited by PINEVIEW01

Is there any way to get a thread not to show up in your participated list on Tapatalk? I'm ready not to see it any more. Just makes me ill.

This has been the major drawback of tapatalk. In the subscribed threads we can just unsubscribe. But once we make a comment we seem stuck with that thread showing up forever or at least until the thread dies or is locked. I have the counting by photos thread showing up constantly and haven't used it for years. I'm tempted to ask cc authorities to go remove all of my old posts just to incubate it from tapatalk. That's the only way I know to dump a thread.

I just don't like people that forget where they have been and once they make a certain level want to get rid of some of the benefits they enjoyed themselves

I wonder if they are so pompous in person:rolleyes:

I think that from time to time we all post something on these boards that may portray ourselves in a poor light and different from who we are. But over time there is a pattern that emerges in posts and I think most people's real personalities show through over time. I suspect some folks are just as popmous in person as the vibe that they give through their posts.

Once you enter the Twilight Zone there is no going back.:p

I think that from time to time we all post something on these boards that may portray ourselves in a poor light and different from who we are. But over time there is a pattern that emerges in posts and I think most people's real personalities show through over time. I suspect some folks are just as popmous in person as the vibe that they give through their posts.

I think you are right, I always try to remember that I'm the one reading any "attitude" into the post and what I am reading may not be what the person intended. But there are a few that I've met over the years that are just like their posts in real life.:D

Sherri:)

[quote name='xpcdoojk']OB, I am begging join me in January, we can surf and rock climb. I suck at rock climbing, but am tolerable at surfing. I have to put a face to our relationship of most of a decade....

jc[/quote]

I've been hoping to meet up with OB for a while now. Our families have a standing date in the Jammer for dinner!!:)

[quote name='crisndeefromde']Good luck with that...I have been trying to get OB to join us since his great advice to try the Adventure of the Seas[COLOR="Red"].....he gives awesome advice and I for one am glad I followed his for sure....[/COLOR]we would have missed out on a terrific ship and fantastic crew....[/QUOTE]

Thank you!:)

[quote name='mommabean']This has been the major drawback of tapatalk. In the subscribed threads we can just unsubscribe. But once we make a comment we seem stuck with that thread showing up forever or at least until the thread dies or is locked. I have the counting by photos thread showing up constantly and haven't used it for years. I'm tempted to ask cc authorities to go remove all of my old posts just to incubate it from tapatalk. That's the only way I know to dump a thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming what I thought to be true. The good outweighs the inconveniences with Tapatalk. I just wish there was a way to "unparticipate". This thread in particular has taught me much about the thoughts going on in some people's heads about C and A, and frankly from some, I am just shocked, at a time when little shocks me any more. Just a few thoughts, since this is my last post on this thread:

-I'm absolutely appalled at the disrespect of people for other people. We leave on a cruise in 15 days at the end of which, we will be D+. We are excited about getting to D+, and it has NOTHING to do with "thinking we are better than someone else", "soaking up the resources of the CL" or other comments I have seen here. It provides additional perks that save us money.

-All of you who stay in suites and wish "to banish lowly D+ folks from the CL" while I agree that you should have a special place to go that isn't crowded especially considering the amount of money you pay to stay in those staterooms, no amount of money paid should give you a license to be unkind to others, and I understand that not all suite purchasers hold your disdain for D+ members in the CL. Just some of you are so vocal about it.

In 20 RCCL cruises, I have never felt the need to stay in a GS or above as I would rather spend my money on MORE trips, and some aren't cruises. Our D+ has been mostly earned by staying in promenade to regular balcony rooms on cruises, and the old system of getting a weeks credit for a three night sail was not an option for us due to our location. All I am saying is, we EARNED our perks as well. It took eight years of sailing.

Finally, we won't be "soaking up the resources" in the CL, as the most we have is ONE drink or glass of wine prior or after dinner. We don't use the lounge as an alternative to purchasing an alcohol package.

The final straw for me on this thread was last week when a member posted here about the "near do wells and wanna bes" sailing and told ME I was not in the CC in crowd, that I was a nobody here. Online I found out this person joined CC in the spring of 2013. I don't need a Person new to CC to tell me what my value is here. My value is in helping others and meeting new friends.

I love CC. We have made wonderful friends here and on most threads, have found kind, helpful people with whom we have worked together to enhance our cruise experience, provide and solicit helpful cruise information, and with whom we have planned shore excursions and events. Many of the comments on this thread are not the the CC I know, thank goodness, have not been the opinions of but a handful of cruisers we have met on RC.

And, with that, I have posted my last comment on this thread. Let the bashing of levels in C and A continue, as I'm sure it will, and the superiority of some continue. Honestly, I think it would be futile to hope for anything else here. Bye bye and back to boards where people are interested in helping each other, sharing the common love and excitement of a cruise, and are civil and kind to others.

[quote name='cruisingator2']How do you know how many cruises a suite passenger has cruised with RCI? Answer: you don't.:rolleyes:[/quote]

For suite passengers (actually above JS), it doesn't matter if they are on cruise #1 or cruise #5.

The money they paid for that cruise alone gets them access to the CL.

My point is simple... D+ cruisers have, ove the course of years, spent much, much more with RCCL. They have become a constant and stable source of revenue, whereas the suite guest could easily be a one time wonder.

[quote name='yogimax']For suite passengers (actually above JS), it doesn't matter if they are on cruise #1 or cruise #5.

The money they paid for that cruise alone gets them access to the CL.

My point is simple... D+ cruisers have, ove the course of years, spent much, much more with RCCL. They have become a constant and stable source of revenue, whereas the suite guest could easily be a one time wonder.[/QUOTE]

And some of those same people that book suites could have cruised as many or more times than you. You have no way of knowing. If there becomes an overcrowding situation in the CL, the D+ will be the first to go.

[quote name='cruisingator2']How do you know how many cruises a suite passenger has cruised with RCI? Answer: you don't.:rolleyes:[/quote]

I learned a long time ago, not to worry or be concerned about what someone else has and be grateful for what I do have and enjoy.

Over the long haul of my life, I believe in the philosophy of abundance -- there is plenty to go around for everyone -- it comes to everyone in due time.

[quote name='Paulette3028']I learned a long time ago, not to worry or be concerned about what someone else has and be grateful for what I do have and enjoy.

Over the long haul of my life, I believe in the philosophy of abundance -- there is plenty to go around for everyone -- it comes to everyone in due time.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you quoted me with your comment. Where have I posted that I am not grateful or am worried about what another person has? The reason for my post is to point out that a certain poster has absolutely no idea of how many cruises a particular person or group has taken. That simple.

[quote name='internetwhiz']Thanks for confirming what I thought to be true. The good outweighs the inconveniences with Tapatalk. I just wish there was a way to "unparticipate". This thread in particular has taught me much about the thoughts going on in some people's heads about C and A, and frankly from some, I am just shocked, at a time when little shocks me any more. Just a few thoughts, since this is my last post on this thread:

-I'm absolutely appalled at the disrespect of people for other people. We leave on a cruise in 15 days at the end of which, we will be D+. We are excited about getting to D+, and it has NOTHING to do with "thinking we are better than someone else", "soaking up the resources of the CL" or other comments I have seen here. It provides additional perks that save us money.

-All of you who stay in suites and wish "to banish lowly D+ folks from the CL" while I agree that you should have a special place to go that isn't crowded especially considering the amount of money you pay to stay in those staterooms, no amount of money paid should give you a license to be unkind to others, and I understand that not all suite purchasers hold your disdain for D+ members in the CL. Just some of you are so vocal about it.

In 20 RCCL cruises, I have never felt the need to stay in a GS or above as I would rather spend my money on MORE trips, and some aren't cruises. Our D+ has been mostly earned by staying in promenade to regular balcony rooms on cruises, and the old system of getting a weeks credit for a three night sail was not an option for us due to our location. All I am saying is, we EARNED our perks as well. It took eight years of sailing.

Finally, we won't be "soaking up the resources" in the CL, as the most we have is ONE drink or glass of wine prior or after dinner. We don't use the lounge as an alternative to purchasing an alcohol package.

The final straw for me on this thread was last week when a member posted here about the "near do wells and wanna bes" sailing and told ME I was not in the CC in crowd, that I was a nobody here. Online I found out this person joined CC in the spring of 2013. I don't need a Person new to CC to tell me what my value is here. My value is in helping others and meeting new friends.

I love CC. We have made wonderful friends here and on most threads, have found kind, helpful people with whom we have worked together to enhance our cruise experience, provide and solicit helpful cruise information, and with whom we have planned shore excursions and events. Many of the comments on this thread are not the the CC I know, thank goodness, have not been the opinions of but a handful of cruisers we have met on RC.

And, with that, I have posted my last comment on this thread. Let the bashing of levels in C and A continue, as I'm sure it will, and the superiority of some continue. Honestly, I think it would be futile to hope for anything else here. Bye bye and back to boards where people are interested in helping each other, sharing the common love and excitement of a cruise, and are civil and kind to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

[B]Very well said,

I realize it gets old reading some of the comments by those with internet muscles, and big egos! but for the most part the members of cruise critic are friendly and helpful.

When I first found cruise critic I was new to cruising and the help provided here was outstanding and still today the vast majority are helping with knowledge and tips for those who come here for information.

[/B]