Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

I do not understand why so many folk are defending the "Gold Card" users in the CL at the detriment of D+ access. Seems some folk would be happy to boot D+ out of the CL and are creating a non-existent crowding crisis.

I cruise with a gold card perhaps 15 % of my cruises. Of this, half have been upgrades. I am really a D+ cruiser, 3x a yr, and enjoy the CL perk immensely.

I cant imagine there are that many people who cruise exclusively in a suite.

Why would people be so quick to deny access to the CL for D+ folk when a majority of us do not regularly travel in suites??:rolleyes:

:eek: Note to self ... "Do not join a M&M or Roll Call with half of the posters on this thread."

Not half, but surely a few. :eek: I experienced the rudest comment I have ever received on CC in this thread a couple of days ago.

I have met so many great folks here, too, that a couple of rude people just are worth forgetting about, right? I love CC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by internetwhiz

As Diamond members, who could enter the CL before the change, we were never impressed by the CL, and don't miss it.

We like the idea of the coupons, that will allow us to choose a location where we can have a quiet drink before dinner without worrying about seats or standing in line for a few snacks.

With the ability to bring on two bottles of wine to enjoy on the balcony, and now the possibility of daily drink coupons we are set.

Being Diamond in the C&A program is a level in the loyalty program, not a status in life.

:eek: Note to self ... "Do not join a M&M or Roll Call with half of the posters on this thread." <sigh>

You may be missing out on meeting some very nice people. We joined our first M&M and Roll Call before our last cruise, which was on Jewel this past summer. Although many people signed up for the M&M, only a few actually showed up.

From our perspective, it gave us a few familiar faces to know as we traversed the ship in the next few days and went on shore excursions. It was nice to head off to a shore excursion knowing one or two more people, as it turned out. We found ourselves having similar interests with a few who attended.

It was a no pressure 30 minutes of our time, that was fun. It would have been fun even if we had met no one, that we shared some common interests with.....we went with an open mind, not a closed minded attitude.

Let's forget about lounges for a minute.

I bet there's going to be some free laundry going on and maybe even non-balcony discounts on the horizon

A non-balcony discount (as opposed to C&A coupons, which are sporadic) would be of interest to me. With the new solo pricing in effect, balconies with a D+ discount still are very high-priced.

You may be missing out on meeting some very nice people. We joined our first M&M and Roll Call before our last cruise, which was on Jewel this past summer. Although many people signed up for the M&M, only a few actually showed up.

From our perspective, it gave us a few familiar faces to know as we traversed the ship in the next few days and went on shore excursions. It was nice to head off to a shore excursion knowing one or two more people, as it turned out. We found ourselves having similar interests with a few who attended.

It was a no pressure 30 minutes of our time, that was fun. It would have been fun even if we had met no one, that we shared some common interests with.....we went with an open mind, not a closed minded attitude.

Not half, but surely a few. :eek: I experienced the rudest comment I have ever received on CC in this thread a couple of days ago.

I have met so many great folks here, too, that a couple of rude people just are worth forgetting about, right? I love CC!

You both are absolutely right :). We've attended many M&M's and have always had a great time. We've even developed some lasting friendships from our roll calls.

However, I also understand that some folks on these boards get really brave behind a keyboard and would never display this blatant rudeness and arrogance in person. That said, their posts still speak volumes about the condition of their hearts.

Happy travels to both of you.

P.S. Really surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet.

I have to agree that a combination of both would be fair. I have looked at the Loyalty systems of other cruise lines, and some do apply points for sea days, and bonus points for each $x amount spent on board. That way those that add to the profits of a company by a higher on board spend are rewarded for doing so. Life should be fair to all...now where do I find the planet that this might work on :D

We will be Diamond after our next cruise and truthfully both DH and I think the way they give points should not only depend on length and/or suite but also for the amount of $$$ spend aboard ship. We have met many who spend nothing once aboard and who took 3 and 4 day cruises to reach Diamond. So why not give points for X amount of $$$ spent IMHO??

You get married in the Pinnacle Chapel and have the reception in the Pinnacle Lounge.

I asked when I was on board and was told it was for private parties and receptions.

...but it is not closed off. Anyone can go in there (presumably if there isn't already a private affair going on! ;)).

People have complained that on Oasis/Allure, the VCL no longer has 360 degree views. The Pinnacle Lounge has a slice of that view.

Go, sit, enjoy.

(yes, you would have to bring your own refreshments, since there is no service there. But the VCL is just around the corner!)

:)

I realize it is all just speculation at this point. Nonetheless, it seems something needs to change, so we might as well think about what would work an hope for the best, right?

I think it would make sense to use the coupons in place of serving alcohol in the lounge (with, if they can keep track of it, possibly the exception of people actually booked in suites).

Everyone in the loyalty program (D or D+ level) get their three coupons to use at just about any bar. If what they are truly interested in is the place to sit and speak with other frequent cruisers, and some appetizers, they can pick up their drink at the bar and take it to the lounge to sit. If they just want the drinks, or are travelling with others who do not have lounge access, etc then they can happily have the drink at a bar, poolside, take it to their room to enjoy on their balcony or whatever.

In this way, I would bet the overcrowding would go away, no one has to police who is allowed in at certain hours versus others, and no one would lose lounge access altogether. RCI would also be able to predict a maximum amount of free alcohol that a group of cruisers would go through and it would likely save them a bit of money.

I think the only people who would really lose in this scenario would be those who are really taking advantage and drinking large amounts anyway.

I suppose some may not want to get up and o out to a bar for a second or third drink, but that is not really a HUGE issue for most, especially if RCI allows one member of a party to run and pick up 2-3 drinks for their group so long as they take all the seapass cards.

Check out post 221 of this thread, you've virtually said exactly what I suggested yesterday on these boards ;).

...but it is not closed off. Anyone can go in there (presumably if there isn't already a private affair going on! ;)).

People have complained that on Oasis/Allure, the VCL no longer has 360 degree views. The Pinnacle Lounge has a slice of that view.

Go, sit, enjoy.

(yes, you would have to bring your own refreshments, since there is no service there. But the VCL is just around the corner!)

:)

The same is true for the refurbished Radiance Class ships. Much of the space previously occupied by the Crown Viking is now the D club and CL.

i talked about this topic 15 months ago (posted Aug. 4, 2012) and everyone thought i was nuts.

WELL--WELL-WELL

here is my earlier post:

Pinnacle points being lowered or new level?

Views: 29,773

Posted By phish tales

gold card only

i believe soon we will see that only gold colored sea pass cards will be allowed in the CL. all diamond members be it dia or dia+ will be in the diamond lounge or dia event as it is called on some...

Edited by phish tales

Check out post 221 of this thread, you've virtually said exactly what I suggested yesterday on these boards ;).

Sorry I missed it--the thread is moving so fast! I didn't mean to steal your ideas, I promise :)

I hope it is a logical enough solution that RCI considers it an does it (though, logical and RCI policy are not always in the same arena :rolleyes: )

i talked about this topic 15 months ago (posted Aug. 4, 2012) and everyone thought i was nuts.

WELL--WELL-WELL

here is my earlier post:

Pinnacle points being lowered or new level?

Views: 29,773

Posted By phish tales

gold card only

i believe soon we will see that only gold colored sea pass cards will be allowed in the CL. all diamond members be it dia or dia+ will be in the diamond lounge or dia event as it is called on some...

While we were on the Independence using the "Trial Policy" there was much discussion of this WITH ONE ADDITION: PINNACLE SHOULD THEN NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE D/D+ LOUNGE.

While we were on the Independence using the "Trial Policy" there was much discussion of this WITH ONE ADDITION: PINNACLE SHOULD THEN NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE D/D+ LOUNGE.

I have also thought that when/if the change is made it will be suite guests in the CL and all other loyalty levels that are allowed will use the Diamond lounges.

This would include Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Diamond. With the speculation/possibilty of Diamonds going to a strictly sea pass benefits level. Meaning drink coupons and specialty coffee coupons are loaded into the sea pass card of Diamonds but access to the actual lounge is not granted.

JMO

Edited by KittyCat1Million

if this happens I would be the first to abide by the rules----

as I do to the others:

no shorts in MDR after 5:30PM

no caps worn in the MDR

dress formal on formal nights

no reserving of pool chairs

etc.-etc.-etc.

wow, what if everyone followed the rules--:confused:

there would be no complaining and no bashing on CC--gee, what would we post about?--:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by phish tales

if this happens I would be the first to abide by the rules----

as I do to the others:

no shorts in MDR after 5:30PM

no caps worn in the MDR

dress formal on formal nights

no reserving of pool chairs

etc.-etc.-etc.

wow, what if everyone followed the rules--:confused:

So, you gave up smuggling alcohol then?

As Diamond members, who could enter the CL before the change, we were never impressed by the CL, and don't miss it.

We like the idea of the coupons, that will allow us to choose a location where we can have a quiet drink before dinner without worrying about seats or standing in line for a few snacks.

With the ability to bring on two bottles of wine to enjoy on the balcony, and now the possibility of daily drink coupons we are set.

Being Diamond in the C&A program is a level in the loyalty program, not a status in life.

Well said!!

As far as I know Breakfast in CHOPS was only offered on the Oct 27 cruise.......and it was for D+ and Pinnacle. We had a gold card on the Aug 31 TA and there wasn't breakfast in CHOPS for anyone. My understanding is this was for this sailing only.

Interesting. The 2012 TA was the first or second cruise offering the breakfast in Chops and only the full suite guests had received the invitation. We went in as Pinnacles as did another couple, and then they coordinated with the Concierge. There would never have been room for all of the D+. That was before her refurbishment, though, so there was still a Diamond breakfast area. Was that still offered?

So, you gave up smuggling alcohol then?

it is apparent that you do not know me-

i gave up alcohol.

i had a family member (daughter in law) recently die from alcoholism.

your apologize is accepted--------

Edited by phish tales