The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I'm sure the people who were Elite also noticed the problem with the program, you'd have to be oblivious to not see it but if the program wasn't a problem for the cruise line they wouldn't have changed it. I can assue you there were many crew members telling corporate they needed to make some changes as the program was unsustainable as it was.

I only know what I was told. And what I read over and over and over on here; that they wanted to make it harder for those not Elite to make Elite. Celebrity listened and I've got no problem with what they did. I'm also glad that they were fair and also made it harder to reach Elite+ and Zenith.

In my opinion what has ruined the Celebrity program was when they did the crossover from RC points to Celebrity. That move flooded the Elite lounge with many who were on their first X ship..........
They wanted to attract RCI passengers to sail with Celebrity to help fill the new S-class ships, and they certainly succeeded in doing that.

RCI has not only more ships, but much larger ships, so there were many more Crown & Anchor members than Celebrity Captain's Club members.

Therefore the result of the reciprocity was that many Diamond and Diamond + members crossed over, instantly becoming Elite on Celebrity.

At this stage is is very unlikely that they will reverse the decision.

But seeing how that policy caused such Elite overcrowding was probably a big factor in their decision not to extend the reciprocity beyond the Elite level.

It is always much easier to give people additional perks than to take them away once they have been given.

Loyalty for loyalty's sake will NEVER trump profits.

Celebrity made their program based on that criteria and anyone who thinks they didn't or wants them to change to benefit passengers more is fooling themselves.

No such thing as a loyalty program but a rewards program. from the website:

Captain's Club is your premier recognition and rewards program. The more you sail, the more rewarding your experience becomes.

:D

That was the point that I was trying to make. ALL reciprocity should be removed and go back to the way things were. Get your credit where you earn it and don't cross over!

That would have upset a LOT of people (including me, since I am looking forward to being Diamond on RC for my Quantum cruise) and it would have been seen as a downgrade of the programs. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara are all one company and if they're not going to merge their programs (which I would have preferred), the reciprocity is a good alternative.

As I've never been Elite I cannot answer this, but what percentage of Elite's on a Celebrity cruise are typically just reciprocal from RC? How about for Diamond on RC cruises? Is it really that much of a problem?

Captain's Club is your premier recognition and rewards program. The more you sail, the more rewarding your experience becomes.

I don't know why you keep saying this. The more you sail (with us) = loyalty.

:D

The more you spend, the more rewarding your experience becomes. The person who books insides is just as loyal as the person who books suites.

I think it is only a matter of semantics, whether one chooses to use the term "reward" or "benefit" or "loyalty" or "perks" or whatever for the incentives that companies give customers to induce them to keep coming back.

I keep returning to Celebrity because I like their product and service, but I also cruise on other cruise lines and do not feel the need to be "loyal" to any of them, just as I do not limit myself to shopping at only one store or buying only one brand of clothing or eating at only one restaurant all the time.

Companies just like to use the word "loyalty" as a marketing gimmick to keep customers coming back, implying that you are disloyal if you go elsewhere.

X were the ones that changed the wording.

Loyalty is supposed to be two ways, I book and pay for cruises, they provide perks to me as a reward, more cruises = more rewards.

If I book and pay for a crusie and then get caught in the middle of a system change, my loyalty should be allowed for and not ignored.

That was the point that I was trying to make. ALL reciprocity should be removed and go back to the way things were. Get your credit where you earn it and don't cross over!

Several years ago RCI attempted to buy Princess. Carnival eventually won the bidding war and acquired Princess. We appreciate the reciprocity RCI offered with Celebrity and that was the main reason we tried (and now sail exclusively with) Celebrity. We have never sailed on Princess - one of the main reasons we have not tried Princess is that we would be starting at the bottom with no benefits. Makes perfect sense for RCI to offer coordinated benefits across all their brands to increase brand loyalty.

The more you spend, the more rewarding your experience becomes. The person who books insides is just as loyal as the person who books suites.

And the person who booked a balcony under the old system was just as loyal as someone who booked Concierge or Aqua but they also got more credits. But you claimed that the old system was loyalty and the new one isn't.

They reward you either way. They just reward you more for spending more money with them. No different than the old system. And they no longer reward you the same way for a 3 day cruise as they do for a 10 day cruise.

Edited by MisterBill99

And the person who booked a balcony under the old system was just as loyal as someone who booked Concierge or Aqua but they also got more credits. But you claimed that the old system was loyalty and the new one isn't.

They reward you either way. They just reward you more for spending more money with them. No different than the old system. And they no longer reward you the same way for a 3 day cruise as they do for a 10 day cruise.

It doesn't matter anymore but Who was more loyal?

1. someone who booked one cruise (15 days) or
  2. someone who booked 3 cruises (5 days each)?

I am sure these were some issues that needed to be adressed with the credits to perks in the old system.

I have no issue with how it is done now using the number of nights and grade of cabins to get points.

My issue was with the transition of the old to the new and how some were treated by X.

Edited by MicCanberra

You must have me confused with someone else; I never claimed anything about the old system. Loyalty may be regarded as more refined than deep pockets.

In a truly equitable loyalty program, everyone would receive an equal number of points per night, regardless of category.

We just made gold on RCCL only have 14 nights on X. How does this affect us?

Since no one ever answered your question, I'll do it. The answer is, it doesn't effect you, other than that it will probably take you longer to get to any categories on Celebrity.

I only know what I was told. And what I read over and over and over on here; that they wanted to make it harder for those not Elite to make Elite. Celebrity listened and I've got no problem with what they did. I'm also glad that they were fair and also made it harder to reach Elite+ and Zenith.

Who told you this, Celebrity or people who were already "Elite"?

Edited by Putterdude

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I made Elite Plus, I realize that at times there may be only a few of us on the ship. I wish the Elite plus and the Zenith's could get together in Michaels Club since there are only 16 Zenith's and 485 or so Elite Plus.

The odds of all of us showing up on one cruise would be quite low, and I rather like Michaels Club. In the old days, that's where we had CC social hour.

The friends I met there, are still my dear dear friends.:)

Even though I made Elite Plus, I realize that at times there may be only a few of us on the ship. I wish the Elite plus and the Zenith's could get together in Michaels Club since there are only 16 Zenith's and 485 or so Elite Plus.

The odds of all of us showing up on one cruise would be quite low, and I rather like Michaels Club. In the old days, that's where we had CC social hour.

The friends I met there, are still my dear dear friends.:)

There are many more than 16 Zenith members. At least 30-40.

Apparently it will be April before Celebrity rolls out the Michael's Club VIP lounge.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

That's a lot. I think they should have required 1000 points for Elite+ level.

I'm guessing you currently are Elite+ status.:p

That certainly would have got some of us even more upset with the new Capt's Club program being that sister company, RCI, set 175 points or 25 old cruise credits for Diamond+ and this would require about one third more time cruising with a loyalty program that offers much less point value for being in anything but very expensive high category suites.:(

Edited by robtulipe

• 2 weeks later...