The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Monday I book my next 3 Celebrity cruises that with the extra 25 points per cruise I figure will make me elite +. I would have gotten there in 3 cruises under the old system, but needed the bonus points under the new system.;)

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

Good job, taking advantage of the promo.:D

I booked 5 cruises for an additional 125 bonus points. This promotion that will end on December 31st is close to what I've been advocating except that I would not require a booking in AQ or above for the points. Haven't seen complaints about this promotion, but they should follow soon.Something is better than nothing and I hope many can benefit from the offer. I suspect that we will see extra points promotions in the future as they are a good marketing device.

Time will tell. Here goes, I have one for you, I can't take advantage of this promo at this time.:eek:

What benefits did they reduce? They added two more tiers with new benefits for both.

For a definitive answer, which you can bet X has, you'd have to know how many customers were cut off from attaining the next tier. For Elite that's a lot of free internet $ time and laundry $ saved. Also, Elite Plus is double Elite and Zenith 10 times the points for Elite. It'll take considerable time to reach those tiers under the new system if you're not there yet. Obviously X wants you to book more costly cruises & cabins and from the posts I read, it is good marketing and is working.

All the lines are having difficulty filling the megaships and therefore are coming out with inducements to get you to book before they have to unload the empty cabins at lower prices. It is called inventory control/management- if sales are slow, drop prices or offer inducements and vice verse. The airline have been doing it for years. Personally, I book for itinerary, ship, and total net cost to myself after amenities; not for the points which are figured as a a bonus deduction. By watching several sailings and booking late- after penalty period begins, I typically come out well ahead of the 'free' gratuities, wine and other offers. FYI Princess allows FCC credits against all fares, whereas X is very restrictive.

Monday I book my next 3 Celebrity cruises that with the extra 25 points per cruise I figure will make me elite +. I would have gotten there in 3 cruises under the old system, but needed the bonus points under the new system.;)

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

So you'll be Elite+ after 2 cruises instead of 3? If you booked just for the status, I hope you calculated how much the extra amentities are worth versus what you're paying or would pay if you waited. Those who booked cheap short trips for points should include all their costs, including taxes, transportation to the ship, insurance, etc., etc.

For a definitive answer, which you can bet X has, you'd have to know how many customers were cut off from attaining the next tier. For Elite that's a lot of free internet $ time and laundry $ saved. Also, Elite Plus is double Elite and Zenith 10 times the points for Elite. It'll take considerable time to reach those tiers under the new system if you're not there yet. Obviously X wants you to book more costly cruises & cabins and from the posts I read, it is good marketing and is working.

I realize that they will be saving on those customers that will take a longer time to get to Elite, but they have added the 1 cabin upgrade (which costs them additional dollars) to Classic and above tiers, not to mention the benefits of the new tiers. These new two tiers will cost them, I would guess, a lot more than they will save from those that will take a longer time to get to Elite, especially when you look at how many were upgraded to Elite+. They might possibly save money in the long run, but it will take some time to make up for the costs involved in the new tiers and upgrade benefit. Hey, every company wants you to order their most expensive items or stay in their more expensive cabins and Celebrity has come up with a great way to incentivise those to do so. Customers now get points for each day, which are based on the cabin type they book, which in my estimation is much better than a person taking a 4 day cruise getting the same amount of points as the customers that is taking a 10 day cruise under the old system.

What I find so amazing, is that many of the Elites on here were asking for this saying it was too easy for others to make Elite and then when it happens they scream cost cutting. People can't have it both ways.

I'm with you, I don't know if I will every make Elite+ and know I will never make Zenith, but it doesn't matter to me, I cruise to see the world and enjoy the cruising experience.

Let's work together together it extended.

That would be nice- I'll be onboard Jan 5 and was planning to book a couple of cruises. Or at least if they made it CC and above. Some of us travel with kids and can't do AQ. For that matter, some of us just plain don't like Blu and would prefer CC or a 1A.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but couldn't find anything via a search.

Do any of you know if the land portions of cruisetours will continue to count toward CC points? If yes and if different cabin types impact the # of points earned how many points would the land nights be worth?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but couldn't find anything via a search.

Do any of you know if the land portions of cruisetours will continue to count toward CC points? If yes and if different cabin types impact the # of points earned how many points would the land nights be worth?

I do not know for sure but would assume no, as it is referring to cruise points. perhaps a call to the Captains club can answer this query.:D

I love the concept of bonus offers that include extra points! When the conversion happened, with the cruises that we had booked at the time - our reaching Elite wasn't going to change time wise. However with the bonus points offer - I was able to book a short cruise (5 nights) in a suite and reach Elite in time for our 15 night Panama Canal cruise! :D I would NOT have been able to do that under the old program as I would have needed the 3 points and I don't have time for a longer cruise before my P.C. cruise. Would I have booked the short cruise otherwise - no - but it comes at a time when I'm really going to need a break and the extra points gave me the incentive. :D:D So a very smart move on X's part.

I'll be happy to reach Elite to get some of those perks, reaching Elite + is not a goal but as we are in our 50's - God willing, we should have no problem reaching it. Zenith - will never happen as I will not be giving up land vacations.

Some people say that the new program will slow down the rise to the upper Captain Club ranks but for many of us - it will be the reverse. Then we'll have to suffer through the treads complaining about how people are "buying their way to the top by booking suites" while "they are more loyal because they got to Elite+ by sailing a 1,000 times in an inside". :cool:;)

I believe I saw on Facebook (when they answered questions there) that they were, but not sure how many points you would get. You should call Captain's Club to confirm, since I could have read incorrectly. Let us know what they say when you call them, as I'm sure others are interested in the right answer.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Kathy, I was able to find the response from Celebrity to the question on facebook. Hope it helps.

• Celebrity Cruises Hi Richard - your Cruisetour will earn Club Points per night based on your stateroom category of your cruise. For example: If you have an 11 night Cruise+tour and on the cruise you are staying in a Sky Suite - you would earn 88 Club Points (11 nights x 8 points/night). ~ LM

Kathy, I was able to find the response from Celebrity to the question on facebook. Hope it helps.

• Celebrity Cruises Hi Richard - your Cruisetour will earn Club Points per night based on your stateroom category of your cruise. For example: If you have an 11 night Cruise+tour and on the cruise you are staying in a Sky Suite - you would earn 88 Club Points (11 nights x 8 points/night). ~ LM

And this (to confirm) from the Captain's Club site:

After November 25, 2013, Club Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of cruise including Cruisetours when you sail with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises. Celebrity Cruises makes it possible for you to earn up to eighteen Club Points per night.*

Thank you for tracking down this info for me!

After November 25, 2013, Club Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of cruise including Cruisetours when you sail with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises. Celebrity Cruises makes it possible for you to earn up to eighteen Club Points per night.*

Thank you for your help with this!

Thank you for tracking down this info for me!

Thank you for your help with this!

FYI, if one wants to reply with the same message to several posts it is easier just to use multiple quotes by hitting the "+ button next to the quote one.;)

I didn't know about the Azamara Club Cruises being included when we booked the Quest Dec. 8th 12 night cruise several months ago. I just checked my Celebrity cruise points status and the Azamara points were included.:)

FYI, if one wants to reply with the same message to several posts it is easier just to use multiple quotes by hitting the "+ button next to the quote one.;)

Actually, I see a double quote symbol, not a +. But it is next to the word "Quote", and good point. I don't think I've ever used that feature.

I love the concept of bonus offers that include extra points! When the conversion happened, with the cruises that we had booked at the time - our reaching Elite wasn't going to change time wise. However with the bonus points offer - I was able to book a short cruise (5 nights) in a suite and reach Elite in time for our 15 night Panama Canal cruise! :D I would NOT have been able to do that under the old program as I would have needed the 3 points and I don't have time for a longer cruise before my P.C. cruise.

The problem will be if all of the bonus point offers involve booking very expensive cabins (AQ, suites). It's the exact opposite of the previous practice of just being able to book short cheap cruises. Clearly that is what they were aiming to stop. Many people (myself included) have been OK booking Concierge to get the extra point to get to Elite. Higher than that will not be as attractive. If we see them offering bonuses on verandah cabins (or Concierge, I guess), then I'll be less of a cynic.

Edited by MisterBill99

Actually, I see a double quote symbol, not a +. But it is next to the word "Quote", and good point. I don't think I've ever used that feature.

If you look closely at my post you can see I did use " + which is what shows on that multiple quote button when I view a CC web page. :confused:

I've made it bold and enlarge it in this message to make it more noticable and below is an enlarged shot of how it appears to me. Maybe your web page is different.:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=296549&d=1388122313

doublequote.jpg.4301e69a9e988b5ebe17d5f90e64dcb1.jpg

Edited by robtulipe