The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Sorry about that. We had the gelato, but that small scoop of "ice cream" was not better than the ice cream that we can get free at the buffet at noon. If Celebrity wanted to make us say "wow", they missed it. :rolleyes:

Gerry

One small scoop of gelato per cruise, that will keep me coming back, I can't wait to qualify.:D:rolleyes:

We had friends on a Celebrity ship last week tell us the Gelato for Elite Plus is a one time per cruise coupon that is good for a single scoop of ice cream. Not much of a benefit on a 7 or 14 day cruise.

That's because it's the same gelato for classic members.

Being more generous would have been a hit to revenue.

One small scoop of gelato per cruise, that will keep me coming back, I can't wait to qualify.:D:rolleyes:

Um, we got off the Constellation on Thursday, I had my scoop in a waffle cone and it was more than enough. Out of curiosity, exactly how big a scoop do you need?

Good grief, you post on this forum a lot. If you don't like the product or the perks move on.

Edited by Oville

WOW...the long post that I very carefully put together last night giving my opinion on this entire mess after reading the complete topic start to finish....is GONE! I think it was post #1282.

My one single post to this topic where I didn't post my opinion over and over and over again but summed it all up into one (I thought) well written post. Four seperate members here made comments immediately after such as "Bravo" & "Well thought out and balanced post". Those posts are gone now as well except for one very small piece of evidence, a quote from Orator at the top of post #1283. I don't know what could have possibly happened to them all but there is a 14 hour lack of activity in this very active topic now.

Terry

Orators Quote:

Originally Posted by Orator viewpost.gif

BRAVO! Excellent post.

Edited by AE_Collector

Um, we got off the Constellation on Thursday, I had my scoop in a waffle cone and it was more than enough. Out of curiosity, exactly how big a scoop do you need?

Good grief, you post on this forum a lot. If you don't like the product or the perks move on.

Hey, the way I look at it, it is one more scoop than I had before.

WOW...the long post that I very carefully put together last night giving my opinion on this entire mess after reading the complete topic start to finish....is GONE! I think it was post #1282.

My one single post to this topic where I didn't post my opinion over and over and over again but summed it all up into one (I thought) well written post. Four seperate members here made comments immediately after such as "Bravo" & "Well thought out and balanced post". Those posts are gone now as well except for one very small piece of evidence, a quote from Orator at the top of post #1283. I don't know what could have possibly happened to them all but there is a 14 hour lack of activity in this very active topic now.

Terry

Orators Quote:

Originally Posted by Orator viewpost.gif

BRAVO! Excellent post.

Some one must have flagged it.:D

If you don't like the product or the perks move on.

I like the X product but there are aspects that I do not like and that they can improve on, if they do not know what is wrong how can they fix it, and X do read the forums.:D

As for the perks, I have to wait longer now that the system has changed to take advantage out of any of them. :(

In regards to Gelato, that is one perk that is probably the least desirable for me.:D

Some one must have flagged it.:D

I can't recall who but someone accused me of trashing everyone's thoughts that didn't align with my own even though I had only made one single post to this topic that now has over 1300 seperate posts!

That is one way to further sway things their way, get the posts of others removed if that is what happened. Unbelievable. Enough of this....

Terry

Yes, it's odd that a number of posts that don't apparently breach the rules, e.g. aren't inflammatory, attacking and so on, yet have not been in full support of the change have been removed.

No issue when posts are clearly break the rules are removed, but it'd be good to know what the rationale is for such well-mannered and reasoned posts being removed.

While searching for the way to unsubscibe from here I happened upon the rules which state that it is NOT allowed to discuss removed posts in a topic so I predict some more removed posts coming soon!

Too bad that the content of posts didn't count for anything before being removed just because someone pushed the flag button.

Goodbye everyone,

Terry

While searching for the way to unsubscibe from here I happened upon the rules which state that it is NOT allowed to discuss removed posts in a topic so I predict some more removed posts coming soon!

Too bad that the content of posts didn't count for anything before being removed just because someone pushed the flag button.

Goodbye everyone,

Terry

Fare thee well, young Terry, it was brief but memorable.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

The proper way for X to make changes to the system, in my opinion, would have been to announce it well in advance to take effect in say six months. They would have avoided a lot of bad feelings and negative publicity. Apparently, cutting costs by reducing benefits to improve their bottom line was more important.:rolleyes:

Apparently, cutting costs by reducing benefits to improve their bottom line was more important.:rolleyes:

I believe the benefits are better than with any other cruiseline, and have been greatly improved for those who cruise most often. The new perks will be more expensive than the old; no cost cutting from the present program. The main change is in slowing down the rate at which people move up unless one books the more expensive staterooms.

Celebrity has also found a new way to reward people who book the more expensive staterooms.

The program is more equitable since it is now based on days cruised, removing the previous system where 2 and 3 day cruises were awarded as many points as 10 and 11 day cruises.

Yes implementation could have been smoother, yes some people were affected by the change in the program, yes some people are disappointed, but in no way was this a cost cutting program.

The proper way for X to make changes to the system, in my opinion, would have been to announce it well in advance to take effect in say six months. They would have avoided a lot of bad feelings and negative publicity. Apparently, cutting costs by reducing benefits to improve their bottom line was more important.:rolleyes:

What benefits did they reduce? They added two more tiers with new benefits for both.

Of course it is. It's a great publicly traded company that has done very well for its stock holders in the last 5 yr compared to most stocks.

But I do agree more than a few times they act before thinking out the whole issue. But you can NEVER please everyone. Most of us are so far from Zenith that we will never make it but surprisingly there are those already there and some well past it who post in this forum...and I suspect they must be pretty happy with the overall "System"

I believe the benefits are better than with any other cruiseline, and have been greatly improved for those who cruise most often. The new perks will be more expensive than the old; no cost cutting from the present program. The main change is in slowing down the rate at which people move up unless one books the more expensive staterooms.

Celebrity has also found a new way to reward people who book the more expensive staterooms.

The program is more equitable since it is now based on days cruised, removing the previous system where 2 and 3 day cruises were awarded as many points as 10 and 11 day cruises.

Yes implementation could have been smoother, yes some people were affected by the change in the program, yes some people are disappointed, but in no way was this a cost cutting program.

Hi Arno

Slightly disagree. My discussion with Celebrity made it quite clear that cost cutting was a primary objective in changing the program. They needed to slow the number going to Elite. Very few will ever reach your level, so that the cost will be contained. They said that I really understand their model. More when I see you.

Hi Arno

Slightly disagree. My discussion with Celebrity made it quite clear that cost cutting was a primary objective in changing the program.

Hi Orator:

They may have reduced future costs by slowing down the number of people moving up the ladder, but I can't see where any costs were cut by reducing benefits to members already in the program. I also see their new point system as an incentive to book higher point producing staterooms than before.

Hi Orator:

They may have reduced future costs by slowing down the number of people moving up the ladder, but I can't see where any costs were cut by reducing benefits to members already in the program. I also see their new point system as an incentive to book higher point producing staterooms than before.

Exactly, no one lost any benefits that they already had, some even gained new benefits because they had enough points to become Elite+ and Zenith. I don't understand why people think this was done for cost cutting. I see it as Celebrity did what their customers were asking for....make it harder to become Elite and have more tiers. I think the problem is, with some, is that they wanted it to become more difficult for cruisers to become Elite like they were, but when it affected them, making it more difficult for them to make the new tiers, it all of a sudden became unfair. I guess Celebrity felt correctly, that they couldn't have it both ways. When you think of it, Celebrity could have just left everything as it was and not included any more tiers with new benefits; which wouldn't have cost them any more $'s.

Hi Orator:

The free upgrade at the Classic level that now includes Balcony+ categories is certainly not a cost reduction.

But I do agree with Orator that it is at least a trade off between future cost increase avoidance vs the cost of the added benefits. If one would add all the costs of the added benefits (included the new upgrades) and compared it to the projected benefits with new adds for the previous program it might actually be a cost reduction. At least that is what the person that talked to Orator beleived. Of course crowding was starting to be a problem as well.

Hi Orator:

You are correct about current costs, in fact with the new benefits at the higher levels there will probably be a short term rise in costs. As you note slowing down the numbers going in Elite, as they needed to do, will be a reduction. I also suspect that realities a low percentage will reach Elite Plus and there may be a reduction in the current 40 in Zenith. Celebrity is looking down the road in terms of cost. The shift to points per day awarding on cabin category will encourage many to "move up".

I asked the people in Future cruises on both the Sihouette and now Connie if they have noticed changes in booking patterns and they all say that Suites are going more quickly. This strategy is clearly. designed to increase the bottom line by encouraging people to book higher cost cabins.

Exactly, no one lost any benefits that they already had, some even gained new benefits because they had enough points to become Elite+ and Zenith. I don't understand why people think this was done for cost cutting. I see it as Celebrity did what their customers were asking for....make it harder to become Elite and have more tiers. I think the problem is, with some, is that they wanted it to become more difficult for cruisers to become Elite like they were, but when it affected them, making it more difficult for them to make the new tiers, it all of a sudden became unfair. I guess Celebrity felt correctly, that they couldn't have it both ways. When you think of it, Celebrity could have just left everything as it was and not included any more tiers with new benefits; which wouldn't have cost them any more $'s.

Or they could have taken away benefits. :eek: I am thankful for what I have.

Monday I book my next 3 Celebrity cruises that with the extra 25 points per cruise I figure will make me elite +. I would have gotten there in 3 cruises under the old system, but needed the bonus points under the new system.;)

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

Monday I book my next 3 Celebrity cruises that with the extra 25 points per cruise I figure will make me elite +. I would have gotten there in 3 cruises under the old system, but needed the bonus points under the new system.;)

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

I booked 5 cruises for an additional 125 bonus points. This promotion that will end on December 31st is close to what I've been advocating except that I would not require a booking in AQ or above for the points. Haven't seen complaints about this promotion, but they should follow soon.Something is better than nothing and I hope many can benefit from the offer. I suspect that we will see extra points promotions in the future as they are a good marketing device.