Wondering About the Loud Music ? Great News !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently onboard Eclipse. As you may be aware, we've had a great deal of comments in recent months, concerning loud music onboard Eclipse and other Celebrity ships. As I know this is important to many community members, I thought this deserved it's own thread, especially as I have wonderful news to share.

Here's my comments, from my "Almost Live" thread. I hope this is helpful !

=========================

As many of our community members are aware, I've been quite vocal about the loud music at the pool and in other public venues, as observed in recent sailings. I'm extremely happy to report that in the first 4 days of our cruise, the situation appears to be resolved. The constant loud techno is thankfully gone. They were playing a very nice selection of inviting music this morning, and early afternoon... and at reasonable levels - not too loud, not too low. Just right IMO. This is all I ever asked/hoped for, in that it be a varied selection. I truly hope this continues, and I'd like to say... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, to Celebrity for listening, and making the most welcome adjustments. I truly hope we can put this item to rest, once and for all.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy

Pun intended in the message title ... thanks for the good news , Looking forward to Solstice , the 5th Birthday Girl , whom we sail in in March .. not long now :D

Best regards

John

Good. And if they can now tone down the volume in the theatre a bit, we can forget about the earplugs and enjoy this too !

On Solstice in Oct. it was very loud, especially when the female singers belted out their songs.

Edited by odysee

Thank you Andy and thank you Celebrity for at last listening to us.

This is truly good news! I stumbled on this thread, but am so happy to learn that those who have not lost their hearing yet, are being heard! We just got off the Allure, which we really enjoyed except for the loud sound systems everywhere. It took several days after comjng home for my ears to stop ringing. We are booked on the Eclipse in February and really apprciate those who have gone before us and prepared the way for a pleasant cruise to come. And I add my thanks to Celebrity for fixing the problem! :)

I got off Solstice last week and the loud music everywhere on the ship was a constant annoyance! Its such an elegant and classy ship it was a real spoiler for me so if you have managed to get the message through to the "powers that be" thank you!

Sue

This IS a worry we are cruising in Solstice in March , If it is as you describe it will be both the first and last time for us

Best Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

I too hope the music is a permanent change fleetwide, and not just Sue Denning waving her magic wand.

Oh dear, it's beginning to sound as though the individual management teams may be responsible, rather than a fleetwide change:(.

I loved the loud music on the Equinox in the lobby every night. Such a great vibe, and the music at the martini bar. We like all kinds of music from classical to techno

I agree. We'll be boarding the Infinity to South America in 2 weeks, and I'll be really bummed if the techno music at the Martini Bar is gone. It gives the ship a W Hotel-feel, and it's part of the reason why we really liked our first cruise on Celebrity. On the Solstice Class ships, we really love the loud music in the atrium in the evenings. However, we are a big fan of silence in the day, so I can get onboard with the quieter days for sure.

Michael

From what I was told on our caribbean cruises last March they do it for the young spring break crowd.

I guess it is like gas prices. It takes a long time to get back to the orignal lower level but it raises up real fast.

.🎅🎄

Wooooo Hooooo! Break out your walkers and rev up your scooters! Curmudgeons unite! We'll turn Celebrity into the non-smoking version of Holland America before you know it.

While we're at it, if we all complain enough, maybe we can force RCI to covert that trendy Martini Bar area into a more subdued bingo parlor!

Certainly QSine is way too outrageous and chic. If enough of us write letters to Bayley, we can have him convert it into a more restrained, cafeteria-style restaurant inspired by Piccadilly or Golden Corral.

Molecular Bar? Come on! Even the name sounds too progressive. I've even heard they're attracting a bit of a funny crowd (hint, hint, wink, wink) at 5 PM every evening. Sharpen up your letter-writing Montblancs -- we'll make sure Bayley puts a stop to those shenanigans right away!

iLounge? You never know what type of hipster crowd they may attract with all those modern Apple products -- we've got to do something about that.

I agree. We'll be boarding the Infinity to South America in 2 weeks, and I'll be really bummed if the techno music at the Martini Bar is gone. It gives the ship a W Hotel-feel, and it's part of the reason why we really liked our first cruise on Celebrity. On the Solstice Class ships, we really love the loud music in the atrium in the evenings. However, we are a big fan of silence in the day, so I can get onboard with the quieter days for sure.

Michael

I have no problem with the type of music they play, but at the Martini bar sometimes it is so loud you can't talk to the person next to you. If they would lower it a bit, that would be fine.

Dave

Wooooo Hooooo! Break out your walkers and rev up your scooters! Curmudgeons unite! We'll turn Celebrity into the non-smoking version of Holland America before you know it.

While we're at it, if we all complain enough, maybe we can force RCI to covert that trendy Martini Bar area into a more subdued bingo parlor!

Certainly QSine is way too outrageous and chic. If enough of us write letters to Bayley, we can have him convert it into a more restrained, cafeteria-style restaurant inspired by Piccadilly or Golden Corral.

Molecular Bar? Come on! Even the name sounds too progressive. I've even heard they're attracting a bit of a funny crowd (hint, hint, wink, wink) at 5 PM every evening. Sharpen up your letter-writing Montblancs -- we'll make sure Bayley puts a stop to those shenanigans right away!

iLounge? You never know what type of hipster crowd they may attract with all those modern Apple products -- we've got to do something about that.

Haha!! Brilliant!!!!

Michael