All Captain's Club members now get free Gelato...

Despegue

Really OP. Do you really expect it to be unlimited?

I am disappointed to see the negative comments. Celebrity offers a new benefits and some are already complaining about it, expecting it to be unlimited, etc. Celebrity "suits" must be shaking their heads wondering why they offer anything at all.

M

OP here...

Cruisegirl1,

Where in my post do I express critique or disappointment?:rolleyes:

The Gelato is just another dairy based food item by the way, and Celebrity does not mention if there is a coupon or if the gelato is just free from now on for repeat passengers...it is very well possible that there is no limit, although a coupon for one time is also welcome obviously:)

Despegue

I asked if you really expected it to be unlimited. After all, you were the one who asked the question in the first place.

I also never said YOUR comments were negative. Others have "made fun" of the offer.

A repeat my initial comment, if I were a Celebrity official- I would be angry as the offer appears to be a lose/ lose for them. They offer something that costs them $$ and folks complain. Sort of how some complain about the tote bags. Seems they might be better off not offering them at all .

M

I'm excited for this addition. Love gelato but wasn't going to pay for it when i could walk up a few decks and get ice cream that was included lol. I know they aren't the same but they were close enough for me lol

Same here!!! looking forward to the gelato "coupon":):)

Same here!!! looking forward to the gelato "coupon":):)

Me three! But maybe it is one coupon for classic, two coupons for select, up to Zenith, where the coupon includes toppings :D:D

Though I have to say the free ice cream is good, made on board not using mixes but fresh ingredients, with creative flavors, depending on the "ice cream chef" on board. The sugar-free is tasty too.

Gelato...ice cream...a coupon...its all good.:)

I have never seen anyone buying the gelato. Perhaps if you sample it, you will buy more. Where I live, ice cream and candy shops always give you a piece or a spoonful taste. If you like it, you will buy more. I bought some chocolate candy this week for the holidays. I had intended to buy a pound as a gift. After sampling a chocolate covered pretzel, I bought some for me. It was so good...I will be back.

Really OP. Do you really expect it to be unlimited?

I am disappointed to see the negative comments. Celebrity offers a new benefits and some are already complaining about it, expecting it to be unlimited, etc. Celebrity "suits" must be shaking their heads wondering why they offer anything at all.

M

Very good point. Isn't human behavior amazing. You could give some people a check for ten thousand dollars and they would complain that they had to go to the bank to cash it.

We would just like some clarification.

Their wording says "complimentary gelato"

they also have "complimentary cappuccino, latte, and espresso " listed for Elite Plus.

so is the first just one gelato coupon but the second is unlimited?

Or are they both unlimited?

Or are they both just one coupon?

When I look at the lists ( on Celebrity's website) for the different tiers each one starts with ..MANY:confused: ..of the items from the previous level. It does not say ..ALL.. I only see the gelato listed under classic.

Hope we get it on all levels. Just wish they would actually list everything!!

When I look at the lists ( on Celebrity's website) for the different tiers each one starts with ..MANY:confused: ..of the items from the previous level. It does not say ..ALL.. I only see the gelato listed under classic.

Hope we get it on all levels. Just wish they would actually list everything!!

MANY is the correct word to use because ALL the benefits do NOT carry forward because SOME are replaced with a better benefit. Gelato is carried forward IF it is not replaced at the next level by Gelato with a cherry on top. :D

A laundry discount is not carried forward because it is replaced with a FREE Bag. I agree some of these benefits could be better written but it is understandable in this format.

Edited by Janet987

I did not like the free icecream they had on the ship but loved the Gelato.

How could you not like the "home-made" ice cream served on the ship? I'm not talking about the machine ice cream but the real stuff. Apparently a lot of cruisers like it also because the lines are always long. Please Celebrity...don't ever stop making it....