Roz, Reporting from Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale on November 30

Roz

Hi Everyone,

As promised, I'm providing an update on the remodeling based on first hand observation. I flew down here yesterday (Nov. 29) for my Dec. 1 Nieuw Amsterday cruise.

The work so far is over in the area where the breakfast is cooked and served. The stations are being re-built, floor sanded, and landscaping removed. I assume they'll work on it in sections. The breakfast this morning was on the opposite end of the atrium. Omlettes were cooked using portable electric units, and other than the location, nothing changed as far as the breakfast itself. We could sit in the restaurant and bar, and there were 2 coffee stations and 2 scrambled egg/bacon/sausage bars.

Today's Saturday and the workmen have been here all day. The work isn't messy or dusty or disruptive. There's a little bit of noise, as you may expect, but not the kind that drives you crazy.

In short, the remodeling wouldn't cause me to not book the hotel if this is the location you want.

Roz

Oh THANK YOU Roz for reporting. I so appreciate it. A bunch of us have booked there for next year and we always loved staying there.

Really appreciate you sharing :)

Have a great cruise :)

I'm assuming that the bulk of the work, as far as the lobby, is in that kitchen area which is what they're working on first. By the time January rolls around it should be in good shape, unless the remodeling involves taking out the water features. That would be a major undertaking.

Roz

DW and I stayed at the ES in Oct for our pre cruise and again in Nov for our post cruise stay. Work was being done in the same area, there was no disruption in service for breakfast or excessive noise during the day.