Princess took my Cabin away after I made final payment.

land lover

If the offered cabin was D736 or 737, take it. The beds CAN be changed to a queen config and the balcony and bathroom are enormous. See my pix here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...1#post41048191

It was a great cabin.

I have seen your posts about these cabins and can remember many posts,over the years,from people that would never take one of these cabins.Our friends received one of these cabins on a guarantee and after complaining they were upgraded to a suite.In speaking to the accomodations manager he said that these cabins generate more complaints than any other.I would never sail in one of these.Different strokes!

While not always the case, it seems that every time you see one of these "I got messed up by the cruise line" posts, the people booked direct. Not all ta's are created equal but a good one can save you lots of headaches.

And no I am not a ta, but I use one.

OP - my question still stands. When did you book this trip? Was it months ago? A few weeks ago, etc.? I think the timing matters. If you booked it a couple of days before final payment then it's plausible the "original" cabin booker had been involuntarily upgraded then noticed it and wanted his/her cabin back. However, if you booked it months ago and you were given a different cabin at final payment, then Princess' story doesn't make sense. When did you book this trip?

I have seen your posts about these cabins and can remember many posts,over the years,from people that would never take one of these cabins.Our friends received one of these cabins on a guarantee and after complaining they were upgraded to a suite.In speaking to the accomodations manager he said that these cabins generate more complaints than any other.I would never sail in one of these.Different strokes!

how can someone complain about getting a cabin on a guarantee, maybe they should book a cabin and mark it no upgrade

This thread intrigued me so I decided to check my Cruise Personlizer. By golly, we've been moved. We went from Emerald 223 to Emerald 407. So I checked out the deck plans....we went from an obstructed view (because of the lifeboat) to an upgraded obstructed view of half of a big, white box. I asked all the people in our group to check out their reservations... So far, 3 staterooms have been moved. One of the group got E409 (the other half of the big, white box) and the other went from a balcony to a midship, premium balcony. At least the upgrade fairy was kind to someone.

I check mine every day, too, but you can't access Cruise Personalizer for 5 days prior to your cruise. If they make a last minute switch you won't know until you are ready to board.

It used to be that you couldn't access Cruise Personalizer during the week before, but for my last several cruises, I only was blocked out 24 hours before.

OP - my question still stands. When did you book this trip? Was it months ago? A few weeks ago, etc.? I think the timing matters. If you booked it a couple of days before final payment then it's plausible the "original" cabin booker had been involuntarily upgraded then noticed it and wanted his/her cabin back. However, if you booked it months ago and you were given a different cabin at final payment, then Princess' story doesn't make sense. When did you book this trip?

It was the end of Oct. E731 became available shortly after I booked roughly 3-4 weeks b4 final payment. So I had it for a few weeks, made final payment with it and then 2 days later it was given back to the person who had it before....so they did not notice the change in their cabin until the final paymentdate.

Certainly it is possible they had booked a year out, maybe it was marked do not upgrade...I don't know, is all I know now is I was not informed about the change and discovered it a week later.

Edited by land lover

It was the end of Oct. E731 became available shortly after I booked roughly 3-4 weeks b4 final payment. So I had it for a few weeks, made final payment with it and then 2 days later it was given back to the person who had it before....so they did not notice the change in their cabin until the final paymentdate.

Certainly it is possible they had booked a year out, maybe it was marked do not upgrade...I don't know, is all I know now is I was not informed about the change and discovered it a week later.

We booked 1/23 Ruby specifically because E731 was available...and I'd be wild if Princess took it away!

I also booked a guarantee for our royal sailing next week, balcony cabin with obstruction on the Marina deck forward, which was the lowest category. I was happy and surprised when a week later I looked at my personalizer and noted they had assigned me a "deluxe" balcony, midship, with a partial obstruction, (no lifeboat though). Anxious to see what the obstruction is. So, sometimes booking a guarantee pays off.

This thread intrigued me so I decided to check my Cruise Personlizer. By golly, we've been moved. We went from Emerald 223 to Emerald 407. So I checked out the deck plans....we went from an obstructed view (because of the lifeboat) to an upgraded obstructed view of half of a big, white box. I asked all the people in our group to check out their reservations... So far, 3 staterooms have been moved. One of the group got E409 (the other half of the big, white box) and the other went from a balcony to a midship, premium balcony. At least the upgrade fairy was kind to someone.

We booked 1/23 Ruby specifically because E731 was available...and I'd be wild if Princess took it away!

If you are the first to book it, you shouldn't have a problem.

It is obvious to me that someone with more status than little old me;) and a demanding TA got what they wanted mini-suite E731.

Edited by land lover

Also, I'd suggest you look at cabins that appear available on the ship to lobby for a specific room......This is NOT what cruising is about! And if you have another cruise on the books, I'd mention that too..........

Good suggestion...I think I will probably just downgrade to an available balcony cabin on the stern.....A large balcony is more important to me than the room size. I also prefer to look directly down at the water and be covered.

Edited by land lover

It used to be that you couldn't access Cruise Personalizer during the week before, but for my last several cruises, I only was blocked out 24 hours before.

This is how the system is working presently, you can still print out your boarding pass and luggage tag prior to 24 hours...These will ID your cabin....

I have always kept tabs on my cabin number...this is the first time I have ever had a change, without being notified.

I am sure my situation was a exception, not the rule. It certainly is very disappointing.

I m happy for those of you who have been visited by the upgrade fairy.

Thanks for the suggestions and input.........

Edited by land lover

If you are the first to book it, you shouldn't have a problem.

It is obvious to me that someone with more status than little old me;) and a demanding TA got what they wanted mini-suite E731.

From your account, someone else booked that cabin before you did, and got an unwanted upgrade, and Princess placed the cabin back into inventory, and you booked it. When the previous people discovered the change, they demanded the cabin back. Many people have posted this same situation on CC. These people were just lucky to get the cabin back, but that was bad luck for you. Sooo...who really should have the cabin? EM

From your account, someone else booked that cabin before you did, and got an unwanted upgrade, and Princess placed the cabin back into inventory, and you booked it. When the previous people discovered the change, they demanded the cabin back. Many people have posted this same situation on CC. These people were just lucky to get the cabin back, but that was bad luck for you. Sooo...who really should have the cabin? EM

The OP says that she had the cabin for several weeks. At that point, in my opinion, it's hers. The original bookers don't get to hang onto an upgrade for weeks and weeks and then say, nope, we want our old cabin back. If they don't act within a reasonable time frame (24-48-72 hours up to maybe one week to allow for total ditziness), then too bad for them.

Sounds like those people got upgraded to an AA and then decided to hold out hoping for a suite; when they didn't get one, they wanted their old AD back. But I could just be being cynical . . .

Land Lover IMO unless they agree to a move. Why not? They had it for several weeks and when they made the final payment.

I made my final payment before the other couple did so I should get the cabin. ;)

Edited by land lover

The OP says that she had the cabin for several weeks. At that point, in my opinion, it's hers. The original bookers don't get to hang onto an upgrade for weeks and weeks and then say, nope, we want our old cabin back. If they don't act within a reasonable time frame (24-48-72 hours up to maybe one week to allow for total ditziness), then too bad for them.

Sounds like those people got upgraded to an AA and then decided to hold out hoping for a suite; when they didn't get one, they wanted their old AD back. But I could just be being cynical . . .

LOL...cynical? aren't we all or maybe I should only speak for myself.

I like your thought though about them holding out, you could be on to something...however I don't think that was the case. Maybe their TA was holding out.....

Just makes me feel better hearing everyone's opinion....

Edited by land lover

Or maybe, like many of us, they never looked at their cabin assignment again until final payment time and that's when it came to their attention that they had been switched. You don't know. OP doesn't know and neither do the rest of us. As you say, maybe you are just being cynical by implying that the original bookers of E731 are weasels.

Sounds like those people got upgraded to an AA and then decided to hold out hoping for a suite; when they didn't get one, they wanted their old AD back. But I could just be being cynical.

I was thinking the same thing.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We're sailing Jan. 8, and I just got an email on Thursday with a notation in red letters saying that CP won't be available for 5 days before sailing.