I know I'm gonna get flamed, but Windjammer is AWFUL

Okay, seriously fellow cruisers. I am a huge RCCL fan. I am a middle class american who hardly eats at 4 or 5 stars restaurants. I am just an "average Joe". I have taken many RCCL cruises, and by far this is the worst Windjammer experience.

In the morning, pancakes, french toast, toast, etc were all cold! So bad there were a few times I couldn't even swallow it.

The meat is ridiculous. The infamous CC honey stung chicken is as dry as a bone. The hamburgers are something that would be served in a school cafeteria. No quality meat at all.

It takes the entire cruise to figure out what to avoid.

I do give credit to the salad bar, it was nice. But even the dressing was so cheap. I had Blue Cheese dressing that squirted out of a bottle with a very small tip. So it was runny, not creamy or chunky like it should be.

At what point are we going to all agree, the Windjammer is like eating at a local grocery store food cafeteria line. After you finish eating, you are full, but there is never anything you have to get seconds. It just wasn't good.

Go ahead and flame me. But I wish they would use flames in the Windjammer to at least keep the food warm.

Okay, seriously fellow cruisers. I am a huge RCCL fan. I am a middle class american who hardly eats at 4 or 5 stars restaurants. I am just an "average Joe". I have taken many RCCL cruises, and by far this is the worst Windjammer experience.

In the morning, pancakes, french toast, toast, etc were all cold! So bad there were a few times I couldn't even swallow it.

The meat is ridiculous. The infamous CC honey stung chicken is as dry as a bone. The hamburgers are something that would be served in a school cafeteria. No quality meat at all.

It takes the entire cruise to figure out what to avoid.

I do give credit to the salad bar, it was nice. But even the dressing was so cheap. I had Blue Cheese dressing that squirted out of a bottle with a very small tip. So it was runny, not creamy or chunky like it should be.

At what point are we going to all agree, the Windjammer is like eating at a local grocery store food cafeteria line. After you finish eating, you are full, but there is never anything you have to get seconds. It just wasn't good.

Go ahead and flame me. But I wish they would use flames in the Windjammer to at least keep the food warm.

No flames here . . I absolutely have to agree. I thought maybe I was just getting fussier but on our recent Vision and Grandeur cruises I thought the food in the Windjammer was just plain awful.

Salad bar is the safest best.

You are entitled to your opinion but to think everyone will agree with you on that is ridiculous. To each his own. I agree with you on the burger in WJ though but overall I don't have issues with the food in WJ for lunch. Never been for dinner.

Edited by Jtd724

Not flaming you, OP -- but, it is a cafeteria, after all. We've hardly ever gone to the WJ, except to grab some fruit, yogurt, and cup of coffee in the mornings. Except for Majesty (the oldest/smallest), all of the RC ships offer many other dining options: the MDR, room service, specialty restaurants, and pool grill -- to name a few. If you don't like the food in the WJ, just find another place to eat! :cool:

No flaming from me....we went through this about the Liberty a couple of weeks ago.

My conclusion is food that people are use to eating.......some people are used to good food (not expensive) but food that is hot, food that is seasoned properly or seasoned at all. There are good cooks and there are bad cooks. I have seen restaurants on land I wonder how they stay in business.......I think it is because some people settle for less because that is what they are use to. There are families that live on fast foods and to get meals like on WJ is like home cooking. If you watch the plates in the WJ it looks like quantity not quality counts to a lot of people.

I also think that complaints are from repeat cruisers that know and have had better, a lot have cruised different lines. I can't believe how many 1st time cruisers there are still today. If this was my first cruise and I had never cruised before Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Perhaps the Market will take care of this problem at least keeping the prices down. I ate in Chops for the 1st time last cruise.......maybe this was the plan all along. :)

Edited by dealer9296

We eat all our meals in the WJ and have never had any issues. The one time we ordered room service it was cold. I say if people are unhappy with RCCL they should just leave and go elsewhere.

Same with us though I did have some issues with the Windjammer on our first cruise on Oasis.

On our Allure cruise we sat down at the WJ... looked around at the selection... and left. We went to Park Café... and we enjoy the dining room. I never have been a big WJ person... I would rather be served. That said... I didn't think the CL was great either... just not a comfortable place to eat Breakfast. But... I do like to go to the WJ for a snack in the late afternoon... I like the little sandwiches and the selection. I'm one that would be happy if they would go back to traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room...

We eat all our meals in the WJ and have never had any issues. The one time we ordered room service it was cold. I say if people are unhappy with RCCL they should just leave and go elsewhere.

I think if people are unhappy with RCCL they should make their concerns known. By complaining they are doing a service to RCCL. If there are enough complaints, positive change will occur and the cruise line and passengers will both be better for it.

Squirt bottle for salad dressing? I have been on many RCI cruises and have never seen bottled salad dressing of any kind at the salad bar. I do agree the hamburgers look gross; that's why I've never eaten one. Ditto the honey-stung chicken. It looks dry so I'm sure it tastes dry also. We do like WJ for dinner as we are way "over" the traditional dining experience and enjoy the great selection in the WJ.

I love the food because I don't have to cook it or clean dishes afterwards . I usually get the omelet for breakfast along with the corned beef hash and grits.

If the food was that bad you should just complain to royal Caribbean. Food being cold is unacceptable , but there are 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth.

Squirt bottle for salad dressing? I have been on many RCI cruises and have never seen bottled salad dressing of any kind at the salad bar. I do agree the hamburgers look gross; that's why I've never eaten one. Ditto the honey-stung chicken. It looks dry so I'm sure it tastes dry also. We do like WJ for dinner as we are way "over" the traditional dining experience and enjoy the great selection in the WJ.

Lol yea I've never seen a squirt bottle for dressing.....ever!

The cruise we just got back from we used the WJ more than we have in the last 15 years. One reason was the homemade pasta bar.

Its all made from scratch right in front of you, several choices of pasta, sauces and a ton of toppings. Its so hot you can hardly hold the plate. The second time we had this the ships chef and the WJ chef were both there quizzing the guest on their pasta asking follow up questions to make sure all was done to order. Perfect service and meal

A reply to some of your comments. I also loved the park cafe and Johnny Rockets for breakfast on Oasis. But I just got off the Liberty today and those aren't offered. We did try the main dining room for breakfast but they have now changed it to a mini Windjammer experience. The buffet food is set up where the Captains table would have been. It is pretty much the same food from the Windjammer on the buffet. You could order off the menu but the waiters encouraged eating the buffet. We did go against his recommendation and ordered off the menu. We felt this was an improvement. But our friend had a cold omelet in there as well.

I do LOVE Royal. I will still sail them. I just wish there were other choices on the Liberty.

We tried ordering room service for breakfast. One morning it was great. The next morning they said they didn't get an order even though we placed it. So it never arrived. So off to the Windjammer due to time constraints.