Oasis: What do you do first?

redbirdoh

We arrive at the port early, around 10:30. Boarding on the Oasis can start as early as 11:30. The first thing we do is go to lunch - either in the Windjammer, the Park Cafe, or one of the many options available. After lunch, we go to the dining room to check on the placement of our table. This makes going to dinner the first night a little easier. After that, we go to the library so I can get some books for the week. By this time, the staterooms should be open.

Sail-away is fun. There are several options. There is a viewing area on deck 14 at the front of the ship (this is a not so hidden gem). It is not overly crowded. The Solarium, is another option. Live music is available on the pool deck (weather permitting). If you have children, the Boardwalk may be the place to go. Finally, if you have a balcony, you may enjoy that.

The Oasis is a wonderful ship. You will have fun exploring.

Check ou the hidden balconies for the AquaTheater shows (or anytime for a quiet place to relax).

There is a lot to explore so when you board, grab a bite to eat in Central Park or at the Windjammer, then just explore the ship.

Get to the pier early --- 10:30! You pay for Day One -- this is Day One get on board and enjoy your day. Oasis boarding is super fast / easy and I've been on just after 11 and before 11:30.

Once on-board, my first stop (on all ships) is the dining room -- I too check out my table (size and location) and make a note of what time to return to the dining room if I don't like either to get it changed ASAP.

On the Oasis, I stroll the Promenade and get some pics (normally still not a lot of people on-board yet) of the venues before heading to the Boardwalk for a stroll and pics there; then up to Park Cafe for my first roast beef sandwich, bag of chips, and a fruit cup! Stroll Central Park - perhaps a glass of wine at the Trellis Bar -- then up to the Pool Deck(s), checking out the FlowRider; WipeOut Cafe; Solarium; Golf; before a stop at the main pool bar for my official 'I'm on a cruise drink' -- a Wildberry LavaFlow!:):o

Definitely check out the 'secret' Aft public balconies for sail-away; AquaTheatre shows; and (as mentioned) just a quiet spot to sit during the day. Same with checking out the deck chairs at the Aft on deck 5 (the jogging track / walking track / entrance to the gym). I walked a few laps every day and it was deserted back there.

I have only been on FOS in 2011, but what we did was take our bathing suits in our carry ons.

We had lunch in the WJ:It was NUTS! DS was 11 at the time and he got very stressed trying to find what he wanted to eat, plus the nervousness of the trip. When we get on Oasis/Allure someday, we are going to Park Cafe.

Once the rooms were open, we changed into our suits and went to the pool and just stayed there the whole afternoon. We did Sailway up there too.

There big mistake for us was: We did not get our luggage till after MDR seating. We changed back into our sweaty clothes we had on to board and head to the MDR for dinner. embarrassing! The staff is very gracious

Moral of the story: Take you swimsuit in carry on, but also fresh clothes for dinner, with some toiletries you need to get showered and dressed. It can be simple clothes, not dressy.

Next time our family will most likely skip the MDR and go to another location for dinner (if that happened to us again)

I have read a few people said they go to the dining room to check their table and change it if they don't like it. How do you know what table you are at? I know it is on the seapass but how do you know what the table numbers are/

If I am doing My Time Dining, can I still do that? I would love to know ahead what table I am at and change it if I am not happy. On the Allure 2 years ago, we had a table in a little corner and I really didn't like it. I felt very cramped...

I am on the Oasis in March and on the Radiance in June.

I have read a few people said they go to the dining room to check their table and change it if they don't like it. How do you know what table you are at? I know it is on the seapass but how do you know what the table numbers are/

If I am doing My Time Dining, can I still do that? I would love to know ahead what table I am at and change it if I am not happy. On the Allure 2 years ago, we had a table in a little corner and I really didn't like it. I felt very cramped...

I am on the Oasis in March and on the Radiance in June.

Each table has it's number displayed on a card on top of the table.

In My Time, your table is not assigned before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

First things first.....food! Last time we sailed Allure we went straight to the hot dog place. Since it's not on Oasis we plan on going to Park Cafe, then to dining room to check our table, some quick exploring and then to our room once it's ready!

Get to the port super early and be the first few to board. Head to MDR to check table unless you have MTD. Head to spa to make appointments. Grab a bite in the WJ. Drop off bags at cabin and put bath n suits on. Head to the pool deck and let your cruise begin... Of course with a mango tango in hand! : )

I don't know. Their made-to-order salads aren't very tasty, but the roast beef is good.

It's nice to sit in Central Park though and there's a bar nearby.

I am just the opposite. I would probably starve before I eat undercooked , fatty roast beef. But I love the salads. I also enjoy the premade sandwiches.

I don't know. Their made-to-order salads aren't very tasty, but the roast beef is good.

It's nice to sit in Central Park though and there's a bar nearby.

I am just the opposite. I would probably starve before I eat undercooked , fatty roast beef. But I love the salads. I also enjoy the premade sandwiches.

Alas there are always those naysayers whose lack of discerning taste betray them. :D:D:D You know I'm just funnin' with you right? ;)

By the way, we usually do Park Cafe but hitting Giovanni's this time on Allure.

Edited by Big_G