Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

What is the advantage of the Freedom Class out of Singapore as opposed to Voyager Class?

Well, I've noticed (this may not only be for this region but) most of the ships seem to be quite worn down because we get the older ships. I was in a suite on my last cruise on Mariner and even though it is younger in age than voyager, cupboards were still coming off underneath the TV. I could literally pull both doors out. Also elevators won't working right, some buttons you pressed would never work.

Compared that to Liberty, Liberty's interior seems much more intact with these minor issues. Mainly the fact that if RCI wants to bring another ship to asia, it should be of a larger capacity than those currently sailing there, seeing that they see this market as a growing opportunity to them.

Well, I've noticed (this may not only be for this region but) most of the ships seem to be quite worn down because we get the older ships. I was in a suite on my last cruise on Mariner and even though it is younger in age than voyager, cupboards were still coming off underneath the TV. I could literally pull both doors out. Also elevators won't working right, some buttons you pressed would never work.

Compared that to Liberty, Liberty's interior seems much more intact with these minor issues. Mainly the fact that if RCI wants to bring another ship to asia, it should be of a larger capacity than those currently sailing there, seeing that they see this market as a growing opportunity to them.

Maybe there are some rough cruisers over there. We were on the repositioning legs from Galveston to Dubai in May and she was great. No issues with the cabin or the public areas ( except of course the renovations). Also on a BTB right out of dry dock in 2012 when everything was updated, so less than two years out of dry dock, she should still be in good condition.

Yes, agree. If another Voyager comes to Australia I'll be disappointed. RCI, are you listening? Bring the Jewel and a Freedom class ship please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this guessing is getting confusing:confused:

IF Jewel goes to Alaska then logic would have her coming to Australia as a second Radiance class. Does that mean, Radiance us leaving also?

Hopefully, Legend will replace Rhapsody but my guess is that the cleaner Radiance class ships are required in Alaska. Hopefully as a result we would get both Jewel and Radiance.

However, the Australian cruisers do like the Vision class ships for the Pacific Islands.

Oh well, not long to wait.

Hugh

I have a feeling probably year round Japan-China-Korea-Russian itineraries. If the other two are based in New Jersey and Southampton, that leaves South America, Asia and Australia region left. Or maybe Australia? Who knows :P

Next week we will see the first new itineraries! :D

Interested in Canada/NE!!

Lets hope that neither LIBERTY nor FREEDOM move to Asia!! :mad:

Would be great to see LIBERTY on new Med cruises! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

I doubt they'd move Liberty to Asia given Saturday Night Fever, etc on board. I would have said Indy to Galveston but I'm not so sure now, if a Freedom Class were to go to Asia my bet would be on Indy.

I still reckon they'll use Liberty to supplement Allure's absence in Port Everglades for the summer to keep numbers up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

She won't be launched until 2016, so we won't know until roughly this time next year.

Best hope for the Aussie contingent is that we get one of the ships that Quantum III replaces, since we don't get new ships down here :(

Plenty of options for RCI with this pipeline of new hardware.

I doubt they'd move Liberty to Asia given Saturday Night Fever, etc on board. I would have said Indy to Galveston but I'm not so sure now, if a Freedom Class were to go to Asia my bet would be on Indy.

I still reckon they'll use Liberty to supplement Allure's absence in Port Everglades for the summer to keep numbers up.

You'd be surprised, many asians here know what stuff like saturday night fever is and enjoy jazzing to it as weird as it seems. My bet is that liberty would come not sure about freedom? :P

Hey we will take the Liberty in Galveston

Last month on the Liberty, that was one of the best onboard experience ever

Edited by jonbgd

Yes, agree. If another Voyager comes to Australia I'll be disappointed. RCI, are you listening? Bring the Jewel and a Freedom class ship please.

You do realize that Fredom and Voyager class ships is almost exactly the same, right? Especially after the remaining Voyager class ships are given the Flowrider and diamond lounge.

Fingers crossed for Liberty replacing Allure!

I'm waiting on Alaska for the last cruise in August then going on to Hawaii. Just not sure they will send Jewel up to Alaska from the Caribbean and the send it back down. What ship will they send to Aus if the send Jewel back to Caribbean.

Alaska ports have no info for 2015.

Looks like we will have to wait. Although they say Monday, it will be probably mid week

Edited by bigeck

You do realize that Fredom and Voyager class ships is almost exactly the same, right? Especially after the remaining Voyager class ships are given the Flowrider and diamond lounge.

The Freedom's are a bit bigger - almost 100' in length and 500 more passengers than the Voyagers. It's not that we need bigger ships down here, we'd like younger ships. Voyager OTS was buiilt in 1999 and it's showing. Can't complain though, we had a great family cruise around Tasmania and New Zealand on her last summer. :)

I'm waiting on Alaska for the last cruise in August then going on to Hawaii. Just not sure they will send Jewel up to Alaska from the Caribbean and the send it back down. What ship will they send to Aus if the send Jewel back to Caribbean.

Alaska ports have no info for 2015.

Looks like we will have to wait. Although they say Monday, it will be probably mid week

I think you will be in luck viz the Jewel in Alaska. She's likely to be the replacement for Rhapsody in Alaska because of the cleaner propulsion system (Rhapsody has an older propulsion that pollutes more). I can't imagine they RCi having only one ship in Alaska.

If Jewel she continues to Hawaii, we will hopefully see her in Sydney late 2015 :D :D. Happy Aussies.

I love reading the 'hopes' people have for the various locations that RCI will can change the deployment of the ships. What will be sailing from Europe or Asia, or go to Australia? Keep in mind, that with Majesty of the Seas, leaving the fleet, some ship will have to replace her. MOS can still be booked for cruises until Spring of 2015 and maybe into 2016, by which time they will have 3 new ships in the fleet.

But one of the ships will be deployed to replace her. That will automatically open up another slot.

Edited by Paulette3028