Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

hi liz!!!! i believe the oasis drydock is in early october in europe and then on 10/13/14 it comes back to my side of the pond all bright and shiney new.

Hi Kerry :D

Yes the Oasis dry dock is this year but the Allure dry dock is May of 2015 and she will do a summer season in Europe before she does her transatlantic back to the US in October 2015....so she won't be quite so shiny new when I am on her again. :D

Hope all is well with you.:D

Hi Kerry :D

Yes the Oasis dry dock is this year but the Allure dry dock is May of 2015 and she will do a summer season in Europe before she does her transatlantic back to the US in October 2015....so she won't be quite so shiny new when I am on her again. :D

Hope all is well with you.:D

Anyone do we have any statement from Royal Caribbean confirming Allure is going into dry dock May 2015?

I realise a gap does appear in cruises in May 2015 after the crossing.

I also know that approx. every 5 years a dry dock is required.

If you look in the pop down menu for the vessel column for Marina Bay Cruise Terminal in Singapore the Explorer of the Seas is the only Royal Caribbean Ship that has not been to Singapore.

So it would appear Explorer of the Seas is bound to visit Singapore.

http://mbccs.com.sg/

:mad: No Oasis or Freedom Class yet.

It seems to me that Explorer is not listed down as an "incoming vessel":(. Only Mariner and Voyager. Where did you get this speculation from?

Anyone do we have any statement from Royal Caribbean confirming Allure is going into dry dock May 2015?

I realise a gap does appear in cruises in May 2015 after the crossing.

I also know that approx. every 5 years a dry dock is required.

RCI has never included the Oasis / Allure dry dock on the revitalization schedule they have been publishing the past few years.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

When Oasis was scheduled the discussion for the reasoning was only for the ship to head over to Rotterdam. They had actually reduced European capacity recently and the 2 Oasis transatlantic cruises were a great addition to this years schedule.

They probably do not want everyone to be focusing on the mechanical issues Allure faced recently, which makes perfect sense.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2013/11/05/royal-caribbean-allure-propulsion-problem/3443421/

I found it interesting as well that they have never included that information in any of the many press releases.

In November they said

Allure of the Seas will under go repairs at the Grand Bahama Shipyard, in Freeport, Bahamas on 24th February 2014 resulting in the 23rd February sailing being cancelled.

Guest who have already booked on the 23rd February cruise will recieve a full refund or the option to sail on other itineraries for the same rate.

Maybe this does effect the future dry-dock and the ship just will not be in the Med for that period in May.

It appears the February 12/18 release is only for Allure/Rhapsody/Splendour per the press release.

In November they said

Allure of the Seas will under go repairs at the Grand Bahama Shipyard, in Freeport, Bahamas on 24th February 2014 resulting in the 23rd February sailing being cancelled.

Guest who have already booked on the 23rd February cruise will recieve a full refund or the option to sail on other itineraries for the same rate.

Maybe this does effect the future dry-dock and the ship just will not be in the Med for that period in May.

It appears the February 12/18 release is only for Allure/Rhapsody/Splendour per the press release.

When they announced the cancellation of the Feb 23rd cruise so Allure could go in to repair the problem they were having RCI said it would not affect its' future dry dock schedule. This stop was strictly for the needed repair.

Allure leaves FLL on April 19th for her Ocean Voyage to Barcelona -

SAILING TO Málaga, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

Apr 19

Her next sailing listed is -

5-nt Short Western Med

SAILING TO Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Naples/Capri, Italy

May 19

So as the Ocean Voyage is 12 nights then that would be arriving Barcelona on May 1st ...so that leaves 18 days "unaccounted for" until her sailing on May 19th...for her dry dock ..or did I miss a sailing ?

When they announced the cancellation of the Feb 23rd cruise so Allure could go in to repair the problem they were having RCI said it would not affect its' future dry dock schedule. This stop was strictly for the needed repair.

Ok. I read a blog in November that can not be posted and linked here that they might do dry dock early and that is why I was wondering right away when they did not mention it together with the announcement of the European season.

Additionally, when I read the November 14 Press Release about Allure, I could not find the information you just provided.

I knew they have a required 5 year check in the STX contract and did see the gap in the European schedule as well.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by MADflyer

Ok. I read a blog in November that can not be posted and linked here that they might do dry dock early and that is why I was wondering right away when they did not mention it together with the announcement of the European season.

Additionally, when I read the November 14 Press Release about Allure, I could not find the information you just provided.

I knew they have a required 5 year check in the STX contract and did see the gap in the European schedule as well.

Thanks for the info.

The dry Dock Will maybe be in Marseille

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It seems to me that Explorer is not listed down as an "incoming vessel":(. Only Mariner and Voyager. Where did you get this speculation from?

You are correct it is not the incoming vessel list and never has been.

Go one line above this and look in the pop down menu in the search bar. In the vessel column Explorer of the Seas appear.

Allure leaves FLL on April 19th for her Ocean Voyage to Barcelona -

SAILING TO Málaga, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

Apr 19

Her next sailing listed is -

5-nt Short Western Med

SAILING TO Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Naples/Capri, Italy

May 19

So as the Ocean Voyage is 12 nights then that would be arriving Barcelona on May 1st ...so that leaves 18 days "unaccounted for" until her sailing on May 19th...for her dry dock ..or did I miss a sailing ?

The odds are Allure is probably going to dry dock in this period.

But I find it odd why no one way cruises To Rotterdam from Barcelona for dry dock.

Or why did Royal not run the Trans Atlantic straight to Southampton from Florida.

I was thinking maybe Allure is off to Southampton to do a Cunard style promotion with Anthem of the Seas and these cruises will be released then.

The odds are Allure is probably going to dry dock in this period.

But I find it odd why no one way cruises To Rotterdam from Barcelona for dry dock.

Or why did Royal not run the Trans Atlantic straight to Southampton from Florida.

I was thinking maybe Allure is off to Southampton to do a Cunard style promotion with Anthem of the Seas and these cruises will be released then.

Because dry Dock Will no be in Rotterdam !!

I like your thinking. These ship meetings have had great 'PR' value.

I was on the Norwegian Spirit, though, last month just prior to dry dock and they disembarked in Barcelona for the Cadiz dry dock and it was amazing to watch all the activity at the pier with some major cranes and all coming in already in Barcelona, where they were loading containers. Must have been about 60 trucks.

Logistics to Barcelona may be better for some of the dry dock locations. They even have to consider crewing, as Spirit had 60 crew signing off and quite a large number signing on.

I was not as thrilled with the 5 am work that began right away below my balcony, where they were removing all the crew life rafts.

Because dry Dock Will no be in Rotterdam !!

Liz, Dub237, and BigEck:

How do you smart folks know all this? where is the link???

It drives me crazy to hunt for a B2B2B on a repo that does not list WHERE the ship will end up. For instance, Rhapsody of the Seas is comes off its Australian to Hawaii and from there to the West Coast and Alaska run next year(2015).

Instead Rhapsody goes from Australia/NZ to Singapore then to Dubai on the next `15 days. If one remains on the ship it goes from Dubai to Istanbul. No further information about what happens to the Rhapsody after Istanbul.

If it does the Greek islands, I want to be on it. If they are scrapping her.... I'm off the ship like a rat.

Liz' date=' Dub237, and BigEck:

How do you smart folks know all this? where is the link???

It drives me crazy to hunt for a B2B2B on a repo that does not list WHERE the ship will end up. For instance, Rhapsody of the Seas is comes off its Australian to Hawaii and from there to the West Coast and Alaska run next year(2015).

Instead Rhapsody goes from Australia/NZ to Singapore then to Dubai on the next `15 days. If one remains on the ship it goes from Dubai to Istanbul. No further information about what happens to the Rhapsody after Istanbul.

If it does the Greek islands, I want to be on it. If they are scrapping her.... I'm off the ship like a rat.

Rhapsody will stay in Istanbul for a few trips before going to Rome and doing the Eastern Med.

Jewel will replace Rhapsody in Alaska

So will it swing back and forth between Dubai and Istanbul?? Or will it do other things out of Turkey??? Hmmmm'

Rhapsody will stay in Istanbul for a few trips before going to Rome and doing the Eastern Med.

Jewel will replace Rhapsody in Alaska

So will you share your sources of this amazing knowledge or do I have to bribe you with a drink of your choice in a RCCL Lounge??

Many thanks,

Nancy

So will it swing back and forth between Dubai and Istanbul?? Or will it do other things out of Turkey??? Hmmmm'

So will you share your sources of this amazing knowledge or do I have to bribe you with a drink of your choice in a RCCL Lounge??

Many thanks' date='

Nancy[/quote']

A Scotsman never excepts a bribe unless a drink is involved.

According to a UK press link I received from a friend, Rhapsody is going to do 3sailings of 10 and 11 nights from Istanbul to the Black Sea. And also some 7 to 11 night sailings from Rome to Greece and Turkey.

This was released with the Allure press release

You are correct it is not the incoming vessel list and never has been.

Go one line above this and look in the pop down menu in the search bar. In the vessel column Explorer of the Seas appear.

Well looks like you are right! IT is listed, although it makes no sense to have 2 voyager class ships here. I would prefer actually expect a freedom class than another voyager especially after they moved Mariner here. I do hope that the listing is because it is on a repo cruise to sydney with a stop in singapore. :D

Well looks like you are right! IT is listed, although it makes no sense to have 2 voyager class ships here. I would prefer actually expect a freedom class than another voyager especially after they moved Mariner here. I do hope that the listing is because it is on a repo cruise to sydney with a stop in singapore. :D

What is the advantage of the Freedom Class out of Singapore as opposed to Voyager Class?