Have you ever had a male massage therapist?

Nado44

Are there any male massage therapists working anywhere in the RC fleet?

We heard that Steiner, the company responsible for all of RC's spa services, hires only female therapists. We find it hard to believe but thought we would check in here.

I have never seen a man working as a dedicated massage therapist on a RCI ship or any of the many other Steiner operated ships I have been on.

That said, they do have 'barbers' in the salon and there some massage services are offered such as 'deep scalp massage' 'neck and shoulder massage' and 'foot and leg massage'

While these barbers are most frequently women, I have seen some men in this position.

Celebrity has just dropped Steiner and the financial analysis had some interesting info about the company.

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2013/12/23/599090/10062399/en/Steiner-Leisure-Limited-Announces-Non-Renewal-of-Celebrity-Cruises-Concession-Agreement.html

The only line I have ever seen have men was MSC and I am not really sure of their function as all treatments I have experienced were provided by Asian women. They seem to be dressed in similar fashion and do look like they provide treatments, but I can not say for sure.

We heard that Steiner, the company responsible for all of RC's spa services, hires only female therapists. We find it hard to believe but thought we would check in here.

Yes have had both male and female.

I had a male therapist on Serenade out of San Juan several years ago.

May have been Jerome. He was awesome!!! My friends and I were sad when he was moved to Mariner. Now that I think about it, there was a second male therapist on Serenade...but I don't remember his name.

Edited by skiiergirl

Yes, I had a male once. He had been assigned to a male passenger who refused to have a male therapist. So they asked me if I minded trading.

I've had a male therapist and actually prefer them. ;) My DH, of course, prefers a female therapist. :rolleyes: However, he always seems to get stuck with the ones that look like a man. :D

I have had several male therapists, but female therapists are more common. I have had therapists from all over the world, but if I had to speculate, probably about 30% were from the Philippines.

One time, several years ago, I was booking a seaweed body treatment/massage, and the desk asked if I would mind having a male therapist. I said I was fine with a male. She looked around quickly to see if anyone else was listening, and thanked me for accepting a male, as there were many folks that were declining (both male and female).

There was much ribald speculation in our little group for the rest of the day about how it would be handled. I'm a big lady, so I typically go completely nekkie as the paper panties don't fit.

As it turned out, my therapist was a very attractive male, probably in his upper 20's, which thoroughly worked for me. A spa treatment, and scenery too. Can't beat that! :D

The therapist took the sarong covering me, grabbed it at knee and shoulder level, pulled it taut, and tucked it in under my knee and shoulder on both sides, so I was covered in a triangle. It was a very neat trick.

Remember, these folks are professionals, and they deal with almost or completely nekkie folks all day long - it's no big deal for them.

On a different, but related note, my husband is a nurse, and there have only been a couple of times where a patient requested a female nurse for the more 'personal' aspects of his duties.

Enjoy your treatments!

Wendy

my sisiter had a male massage therapist one a cruise about 4 yrs ago. she was a little timid at first. but then said it was OK

I was told the last few cruises that they no longer hire male therapist. I like a DEEP tissue massage and the women just aren't strong enough. After the last 3 trying women, no more....RCI lost all my spa business which was a MUST on every cruise. Sadly it isn't anymore.

I have never had a male massage therapist. (I would be afraid he would "rub me" the wrong way.)---sorry, couldn't resist the joke;)