Cruise Etiquette: What have passengers done onboard your cruise that was rude?

You say that the genlteman filled his mug with salmon every morning. He was observed doing this a 'couple' of times. So he did this act twice. Really; is this cause to call the captain who should really be concerned with directing the boat. GET A LIFE.

No. Three people saw him doing it at separate times on two different days, which would equal six mugs of smoked salmon.

They informed the DINING ROOM captain, not the ship's captain.

And I have a very good life.

No need to apologize for jumping to incorrect conclusions or insulting me for your failure to comprehend. If that's what it takes to make you feel better about yourself,. . .

Edited by NewSalt

This is why department stores play "elevator music"; it's to calm you down so you stay awhile continuing to shop there.

In Dublin department stores they place "Riverdance" - USE THE STAIRS

Regards John

LOL, very funny.:D

Probably 95% of passengers have at one time or another saved a table for the intention of eating there with another person or group. So finding a sympathetic reader may be difficult.

Saving a table is a logical action to keeping the group together in an efficient manner. While it could be argued that the couple minutes the table is clear of food is wasted for someone else ready to sit and eat, it is also reasonable to consider that saving a table may actually save time overall because each member of the group isn’t wasting time wandering around to find their table mate or group. In fact, saving tables my actually speed up time the table is being used by each group.

And sadly, the fast food mentality has caught up with the cheaper cruise lines, so eating and moving on to the next activity has replaced the relaxing beginning of the day with a pleasant meal while socializing with family and friends. It is for that reason Sally and I eat breakfast more often on our balcony and in the MDR. Still, the breakfast and lunch service in the MDR has been cut back so much that we have had more bad experiences than good the past couple of years.

Yes, I know what some of you folks are thinking, if I want to get better than cattle hauler style service, I need to pay more for the better cruise line. I’ve been saying that for a few years, but I think Sally is finally starting to agree.

Burt

I've got to be honest, I'm changing my mind on this one. You lot have persuaded me that it's not such a bad thing!

On our first cruise we tried the buffet for breakfast for the first couple of mornings but really didn't enjoy the experience, although the corned beef hash with a couple of fried eggs was lovely! From then on, it was breakfast in the MDR which was a much more civilised affair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This leads to my other pet peeve, people who just stand around chatting while other people are trying to get through. Not just on Lido deck but all over the ship.

I know, right? Stand off to the side and chat folks and allow the passing guests through will ya! :)

DH and I took our first cruise last June on the Carnival Valor. We were in the MDR on a formal night when suddenly a fist fight/throw down took place between two female family members right in the middle of the room. I don't think the Jerry Springer performance was part of the planned dining entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone

Maybe it wasn't but it sure beats anything currently being offered on the Carnival lidos for entertainment. ;)

Maybe it wasn't but it sure beats anything currently being offered on the Carnival lidos for entertainment. ;)

I would have chair-hogged an entire table so we could get a prime view of that throw-down. Add in some mud or body grease, easily the BEST show on board!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by pseudoware

No. Three people saw him doing it at separate times on two different days, which would equal six mugs of smoked salmon.

They informed the DINING ROOM captain, not the ship's captain.

And I have a very good life.

No need to apologize for jumping to incorrect conclusions or insulting me for your failure to comprehend. If that's what it takes to make you feel better about yourself,. . .

I never thought of a mug. I had a heaping plate of salmon and herring every morning on my last cruise. Love me some fish for breaky!

I would have chair-hogged an entire table so we could get a prime view of that throw-down. Add in some mud or body grease, easily the BEST show on board!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Save a seat at that table for my DW. She loves watching people making scenes in public. Doesn't get into them or try and get in people's business , but loves to sit on the sidelines and watch

I always tell he she is gonna get hit with a stray bullet one of these days *LOL*

• 2 weeks later...
Save a seat at that table for my DW. She loves watching people making scenes in public. Doesn't get into them or try and get in people's business , but loves to sit on the sidelines and watch

I always tell he she is gonna get hit with a stray bullet one of these days *LOL*

And hog me a seat right next to her, I love watching drama like that. And my DH says the same about me.

I was meaning more the tables for two, where one of the couple has bagged a table whilst the other gets the food. I don't expect a group of four or more to pass up on a suitable table as they can often be at a premium. I just don't see why my opinion is so unusual - surely it's bad manners to hog a table that somebody else needs as they have food and you don't?

One could say that the reason that you are standing around with a cooling plate of food is because you did not plan ahead and find a table first.

I don't believe that there is an official order in a buffet. In fact, at land based buffets we are always shown to (or choose) a table before we serve our food. What you view as a table hog, I view as an efficient planner, especially if they have their drinks already :D

If I look around the buffet and do not find a table then I leave and return later when the crowd thins. That would be hard to do when if already had a plate full. Seriously, your reserved table might sit devoid of food for 2-5 minutes while you make your selections. I won't fault you for it. It simply makes more sense.

Now, sitting in the busy buffet for the purpose of anything BUT eating can be a little thoughtless. I will grant you that. Then again, I don't eat at the buffet very often on a cruise.

One could say that the reason that you are standing around with a cooling plate of food is because you did not plan ahead and find a table first.

QUOTE]

Exactly. Nothing rude about finding a table before collecting your food. It's what normal people do.

Technically, people do this on board when the internet connection is finally up so I think I'm allowed to squeeze it into this thread. Why do some people on CC use ridiculous huge and ugly fonts for each and every post they make? First, I don't like being shouted at. Also my mind needs adjusting each time the huge message is not something that needs shouting like "You got it all wrong! The crew would die if you don't tip!" but instead something like "Yep, we also experienced a sunset with a lot of clouds, it really affected the quality of the pictures back then".

Edited by AmazedByCruising

Technically, people do this on board when the internet connection is finally up so I think I'm allowed to squeeze it into this thread. Why do some people on CC use ridiculous huge and ugly fonts for each and every post they make? First, I don't like being shouted at. Also my mind needs adjusting each time the huge message is not something that needs shouting like "You got it all wrong! The crew would die if you don't tip!" but instead something like "Yep, we also experienced a sunset with a lot of clouds, it really affected the quality of the pictures back then".

Have you considered that some need larger fonts to be able to see them.

No, I didn't think of people that needed larger fonts to read their own messages. Press and hold Ctrl, then press + and everything gets larger when needed.

Yep and then have to scroll all over the screen.

:confused: What's the difference between choosing bigger fonts yourself and someone else forcing those?

When you use ctr + the whole screen is enlarged, including the box you type in and if you get it large enough to read the font, you need to scroll to read what is in the box.

'

When you enlarge the font the box stays the same size and you can read what is in it just like a person with normal sight.

Technically, people do this on board when the internet connection is finally up so I think I'm allowed to squeeze it into this thread. Why do some people on CC use ridiculous huge and ugly fonts for each and every post they make?

I'm not currently on board, so this doesn't count, right?

Edited by pseudoware

On our last cruise looking forward to using cantilever hot tubs and adults only solarium but no you have to bring your lovely children and then take your babies complete with nappy (not swimming one )into the hot tub

Thank you for that it was our first holiday after eighteen years with no children much as i dont mind children and enjoy seeing them around it would have been nice to have some adult time the weather was good enough for you to use the whole outside pool deck with 4 hot tubs :rolleyes:

Edited by Ziggys mum

One guy stuffing 30 entries into the lucky draw box at the gift shop. Worst part was the girl in charge of the draw turned a blind eye and let him.

Ok,...I had to read this twice as the first time I thought (since the previous posts had been about dining) you said he was stuffing ENTREES into the draw box...

:p

I find the rudest behavior is when I see scooters and wheelchairs waiting patiently for an elevator and able bodied individuals rush ahead of them when the elevator door opens. The reason this irritates me so much, is because these people often have to wait a long time any way and they don't have the option of taking the stairs. :(

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I am one of those needing a scooter and have had this happen to me a bunch. Even when my husband is at the door trying to make room for me. One time we waited for 10 times to get into an elevator.

My DH is extremely patient and never says anything to anyone, but there have been times he has pointed out that we have been waiting, only to be told by impolite later people that they were waiting, too. He will get me into the elevator and then take the stairs himself.

The worst was one time a man was holding on to my scooter to use it to crawl over me so he could get a table in the Horizon Court (Princess). People speak about getting run into by scooters, LOL, they have no idea what we endure . I don't expect special treatment, but at least treat me equal.