Please FEED the KITTY!

Hello all,

I need your help -- I have a strict budget of 100,000 calories per day (not including drinks!) -- how to spend it best on Celebrity cruise coming up?

Okay seriously, there's only so much I can fit in my kitty tummy per day, so I need help selecting wisely!

What are the best, most yummy things you would recommend to eat? Any venue, any time of day, any course -- drinks too!

Thank you in advance for keeping kitty well fed!

Happy Cat BI

I was on Reflection a few weeks ago, and I thought the roasted beet salad in the MDR was fabulous. Also, the asparagus in the buffet. I'm trying to remember what station it was on. I think it was on kind of an antipasto station.

Hi Christy (happycat Bainbridge Is),

I too love my food but can only fit so much in in one day, I love fru fru drinks too, aargh!

My plan of attack is to work backwards with the dinner menu. Desert is a must so I select that first, then work my way back from there. I rarely have all 3 savoury courses and don't mind skipping the entree if there are 2 really good appys.

Things you must have are:

fresh waffles for breakfast with the orange butter, maybe every other day to keep all those calories in check;

Lamb shanks, these are always wonderful, you will just have to resign your self to the fact that you cant eat the whole dish.

rum and raisin ice cream, even if you only have it once.

And believe it or not a burger from the mast grill. I am not a burger type girl and ignored them for 3 cruises, tried them om the last cruise, and now they are on the must have once list.

I once had a lovely waiter at the sunset bar who invented a different drink for me each evening before dinner. No vodka, a paper flower, and often colour coordinated with my clothes for the evening.

Since you are on a Caribbean cruise work your way through rum based or Caribbean cocktails: Ritz Fiz, amaretto, curacao, bubbles; Perfect Peach, ameretto, rum fresh peaches; Long Island Iced Tea; Kiwi Royal, rum, Nassau Royal Liqueur, kiwi, banana daiquiri, Cafe Kingston, rum, tia maria cream, etc etc.

Are you still sailing with us on the Eclipse leaving in 12 days?

Drop by the roll call to say hello, we are all getting really excited. Let us know if you are coming to the Connections Party too.

Cheers h.

We still have to hear your great story!

You don't say what ship you are on. The Mac and cheese offered in Tuscan Grille (not on all ships) is fabulous. It comes with the steak.

The salmon in Aqua Spa cafe, if it is still being offered, is wonderful too.

Caesar salad, waffles (freshly made) with crisp bacon in the buffet.

Crepes Suzette

Scones with jam for aft tea in the buffet.

Hello all,

I need your help -- I have a strict budget of 100,000 calories per day (not including drinks!) -- how to spend it best on Celebrity cruise coming up?

Okay seriously, there's only so much I can fit in my kitty tummy per day, so I need help selecting wisely!

What are the best, most yummy things you would recommend to eat? Any venue, any time of day, any course -- drinks too!

Thank you in advance for keeping kitty well fed!

Happy Cat BI

You're joking about the 100,000 a day, right...? People who eat 30,000 a day weigh upwards of 800 lbs. I'm not saying you couldn't eat that many, but WOW! :eek:

You're joking about the 100,000 a day, right...? People who eat 30,000 a day weigh upwards of 800 lbs. I'm not saying you couldn't eat that many, but WOW! :eek:

I'm pretty sure it's a joke, but some Olympic athletes (Michael Phelps ate 12,000 calories per day!) eat enormous amounts during training....and last time I checked, most of them don't weigh upwards of 800 lbs!

Edited by CaroleSS

You don't say what ship you are on. The Mac and cheese offered in Tuscan Grille (not on all ships) is fabulous. It comes with the steak.

The salmon in Aqua Spa cafe, if it is still being offered, is wonderful too.

Caesar salad, waffles (freshly made) with crisp bacon in the buffet.

Crepes Suzette

Scones with jam for aft tea in the buffet.

Alas it appear the Aqua Spa has dropped any cooked to order offering........however their website doesnt appear to know yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I consulted my cat Seamus and he told me to tell you to eat anything and anywhere that has chicken in it. :D Turkey isn't bad either if you can find any. As for drinks, with Seamus being an Irish lad :) he says a Guinness is the perfect way to end the day.

As for me, the human, I love pork chops, barbequed with apple sauce and if it's not on offer ask for it, with lovely duchess potatoes, and veg. A lovely lunch can be found at the grill for a hamburger and fries. There's nothing like getting back to "regular" food.

Drinks - I'm a cocktail gal and I love my cosmos, chocolate martini, and most fruity drinks. I'm sure you will find these at any bar on the ship.

there's only so much I can fit in my kitty tummy per day, so I need help selecting wisely!Thank you in advance for keeping kitty well fed! Happy Cat BI

Meow Mix? :rolleyes: :D

I'm pretty sure it's a joke, but some Olympic athletes (Michael Phelps ate 12,000 calories per day!) eat enormous amounts during training....and last time I checked, most of them don't weigh upwards of 800 lbs!

8,000-10,000 for him, and the normal person doesn't swim the equivalent of 8 miles a day every day and do cardio.

A normal person eating that much would weigh that much however.

This is what I would choose if I had to limit my calories to under 100,000 per day:

Those French fries at the mast grill -- you would probably have to limit them if you want to try that most outstanding escargot in the MDR.

I would wash that down with a black and tan -- ok -- no more or you are over your limit.

:D

I count like, twelvity-five ... but yes, 100,000 was a cat joke .... hoping you'd laugh and give me some tips! I'm a big kitty, but not 800 pounds worth!

We're sailing on Solstice. I loved all my suggestions. My husband would love to have a nice Irish beer with Seamus the cat!

I've never heard of half these drinks -- I must immediately correct this glaring gap in my education!

Someone else is a kitty too -- who ever answered, eat everything! Alas, my cat tank is not so large ...

Thank you for the reminder about the burgers -- I had forgotten that they were really good! We too ignored them for a few sailings, then came back famished mid-afternoon from a day of snorkeling and swimming, ready to gnaw on the railings, so we "settled" for a burger and fries -- and a beer! -- and I now recall that it was quite excellent!

Keep the kitty kibble suggestions flowing .... HappyCat Bainbridge Island

I love the eggs benedict in the MDR at breakfast, so I order them the last sea day - or I'd have them every time we were there.

I like the appetizers, so I order an appetizer, a salad, and a soup (though I don't always clean my plate with them) then eat very little of my entree. One friend on the cruise ordered several appetizers and no entree. I do eat all my dessert and every dessert is better with a side of ice cream. So far, I've managed to keep weight gain on the cruise to under 5 lb - and on our last cruise lost 5 lb (but I was sick for a part of it and hiding out in my cabin).

If you have a drinks package, you can order a drink, taste it, and not feel you must drink it all. That helps.

Relax and enjoy!

Oh boy Kitty, great question! And being a cat-person, I am on it!

First, for the coffees, always order them without sugar. You can add your substitute after you get that great cup.

I find it is actually easier to eat better on a cruise than at other places.

Because all of your food is included, you don't have to eat the carbs.

Open face sandwiches at the buffet are great. Load 'em up and skip the cover. Yum

Breakfast? Have your favorite, just eat 1/2 of the breads. You can fill yourself on protein!

MDR? Same thing! Skip the starches and breads and just eat the vegetables and meat.

For me, I love white wine. Skipping the fufu drinks was no sacrifice for me, not sure about you.

I did bring a liquid sugar-free sweetner to add to the drinks. I never did use it because I loved the charddonay. But I was prepared!

Watch them when they make drinks. Tell them NO SIMPLE SYRUP! That is a ton of carbs.

Hi Christy (happycat Bainbridge Is),

I hope you meant to say you were sailing on the Eclipse, otherwise all the little cat treats, like late night cookies, that you were going to have will just have to be eaten by me.

Cheers, h

contact me

happy-kitten-smiley-emoticon.gif _______________________

The way my DW and I get around this is by sharing appetizers, entrees, and desserts. That way, we get to taste a lot of different dishes without adding extra calories. If there are a lot of good appetizers, we'll simple split a single entree.

Dessert is a must for us and usually we each get our own here. We also split the calorie-dense bar drinks to minimize calories

For me, the must tries are those things I can't get or am not willing to go buy at home (e.g., escargot, beef Wellington, etc.).