Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I like the 2nd hull art picture....too much blue in the first one. I really don't care for the hull art on the Breakaway and Getaway....too splashy. Guy Harvey usually sticks to natural ocean colors.

The first rendering has bluer skies, bluer water, brighter lifeboats, and an invisible water park area. :D

I have sailed both Oasis and Allure as well as Getaway.

I think this ship will stack up very well against the big girls. My personal feeling is that O&A have better entertainment. The dive show is just so very neat. On Escape a couple of the shows don't appeal to me but we will go see them. I have found Rccl to have better MDR but NCL to have more specialty and variety, Before Quantum, Rccl never really pushed their specialty restaurants for families. My kids enjoy trying new things and eating in different places. One of the things that drew me to NCL was allowing kids in the specialty restaurants. That part of our vacation experience getting dressed and going out to dinner then a show then my DD goes out with her friends until curfew.

I also feel as if there will be more on Escape to do during the day. DD will miss the flowrider on Rccl but love the water slides and ropes course Both of which we loved on Getaway.

I enjoy the thermal spa as a place to get away and relaxe, RCCL does not have anything like that. Oh they have a spa but no pool and loungers to chill out in. Speaking of chilling out the snow room might be cool.

This ship is smaller and does not have split hull design that makes the boardwalk and central park very neat on O&A.

I have sailed both Oasis and Allure as well as Getaway.

I think this ship will stack up very well against the big girls. My personal feeling is that O&A have better entertainment. The dive show is just so very neat. On Escape a couple of the shows don't appeal to me but we will go see them. I have found Rccl to have better MDR but NCL to have more specialty and variety, Before Quantum, Rccl never really pushed their specialty restaurants for families. My kids enjoy trying new things and eating in different places. One of the things that drew me to NCL was allowing kids in the specialty restaurants. That part of our vacation experience getting dressed and going out to dinner then a show then my DD goes out with her friends until curfew.

I also feel as if there will be more on Escape to do during the day. DD will miss the flowrider on Rccl but love the water slides and ropes course Both of which we loved on Getaway.

I enjoy the thermal spa as a place to get away and relaxe, RCCL does not have anything like that. Oh they have a spa but no pool and loungers to chill out in. Speaking of chilling out the snow room might be cool.

This ship is smaller and does not have split hull design that makes the boardwalk and central park very neat on O&A.

Thank you for this. My son is DYING to go on either the Oasis or Allure and I chose this ship instead. He will be 16 at the time of sailing and it'll just be us 2. He wants to sail for the ship and not get off at any port, but I saw Escape goes to STT for 10 hours and want to go back to STJ. Now I'm torn between keeping Escape booked vs booking Oasis/Allure. The prices are about the same, but the drink package on Escape is what really sold me. We've never sailed NCL before and I'm worried that I'll regret not just doing what he wants so he can cross it off his bucket list.

Great problem to have, but it's made me become a frequent checker of cruise prices. UGH!!

The water slides and rope courses will be fun for your son. Wait for the Harmony of the Seas for RCCL because that one will have water slides too.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thank you for this. My son is DYING to go on either the Oasis or Allure and I chose this ship instead. He will be 16 at the time of sailing and it'll just be us 2. We've never sailed NCL before and I'm worried that I'll regret not just doing what he wants so he can cross it off his bucket list.

Seems a little strange for you to worry about regretting not doing what your 16 year old wants. It's your money that you worked hard for. You are already putting him in to great consideration in choosing a ship. He is so incredibly lucky to be going on any cruise.

Bucket list at 16? Silly. 😝

This is the ship my mom & I have chosen to take my 15 year old nephew on next summer. It's got a fabulous combo for us grownups and him. I'm sure the name (Entourage) of the teen club makes it a little more appealing, too. And, it's right next to one of the adult areas. 😉

I think you made a great decision in choosing a ship. Stick with it. Don't you deserve the best, too? You both can have it. 😁

*He might have friends that have bragged about going on Oasis or Allure. He'll probably be the first to brag about being on the Escape. 😊

Have any of yall sailed on the Oasis or Allure? How do you think this ship will compare....leaving out biases of course :-)

I think this ship and its itinerary will bring a big smile to your and your kid's faces. Having said that, in my opinion nothing compares to Oasis and Allure. The water theatre, boardwalk, climbing walls, wave runners, zip line, central park, 4 pools, Broadway entertainment... I would suggest booking one of those ships next. The newer ships, Harmony and Ovation, have cool new stuff too but not the great outdoor spaces that Oasis and Allure have. Just my opinion. ;)

Seems a little strange for you to worry about regretting not doing what your 16 year old wants. It's your money that you worked hard for. You are already putting him in to great consideration in choosing a ship. He is so incredibly lucky to be going on any cruise.

This is the ship my mom & I have chosen to take my 15 year old nephew on next summer. It's got a fabulous combo for us grownups and him. I'm sure the name (Entourage) of the teen club makes it a little more appealing, too. And, it's right next to one of the adult areas. 😉

I think you made a great decision in choosing a ship. Stick with it. Don't you deserve the best, too? You both can have it. 😁

*He might have friends that have bragged about going on Oasis or Allure. He'll probably be the first to brag about being on the Escape. 😊

Let me put it this way....It's just my son and I so he travels everywhere with me. He uses the phrase "bucket list" because he hears me say it. I let him use it to aim high and make goals for himself to strive for. I'm guessing you don't have kids or you wouldn't think it's "silly" for mine to have a goal in mind even if it is just a vacation. Maybe wish list would be a better title?:)

I've never been on NCL and am worried about all the bitching and moaning on here about the changes. I'm also worried about port time changes that keep happening. I'm hoping since I've never sailed with them before that some these changes won't matter to us.

I think this ship and its itinerary will bring a big smile to your and your kid's faces. Having said that, in my opinion nothing compares to Oasis and Allure. The water theatre, boardwalk, climbing walls, wave runners, zip line, central park, 4 pools, Broadway entertainment... I would suggest booking one of those ships next. The newer ships, Harmony and Ovation, have cool new stuff too but not the great outdoor spaces that Oasis and Allure have. Just my opinion. ;)

Great, clear as mud now:p

Have any of yall sailed on the Oasis or Allure? How do you think this ship will compare....leaving out biases of course :-)

It's so hard to compare any other class of ship to the Oasis class. There is so much to do on those ships and they feel less crowded to me than any other ship I have been on. They are so well designed. They are without a doubt my favorite class of ship.

With that being said I am really looking forward to my trip on the Escape and I am pretty sure your son will have a blast. Maybe down the road you and your son can experience an Oasis class ship.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I've never been on NCL and am worried about all the bitching and moaning on here about the changes. I'm also worried about port time changes that keep happening. I'm hoping since I've never sailed with them before that some these changes won't matter to us.

At the risk of further hijacking this hijacked thread, let me just say that you have nothing to worry about. A very small percentage of your fellow cruisers are CC members, and even a smaller percentage of CC members are the constant bitchers and moaners. While on the cruise, forget CC exists and have a blast.

Re: port time changes - that can and does happen occasionally on any cruise line. They don't set a schedule and stick with it until the end of time. Things change. It's just a part of it. Sometimes it sucks, and sometimes it benefits you. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Completely disagree. I think that is a wonderful parent putting her child first. It's certainly not the least bit silly to have a bucket list at any age, or a wonderful parent who is interested in helping the child fulfill it!

I agree with the others as yet another person who has sailed on all four ships (Oasis/Allure/Breakaway/Getaway). Oasis and Allure (plus Harmony soon) are in a completely different class on their own. They are incredibly spacious with unmatched entertainment options and unique amenities. If you have any interesting in sailing those ships in particular, nothing else will serve as a good substitute.

The Breakaway Class has some very interesting and lovely features, which I personally prefer, but they are completely different. Sail Escape because you want to sail Escape, and sail Oasis if you want the experience only her and her sisters can provide.

I agree with xcell. Actually, I'm doing the same. I've always wished to sail Oasis or Allure. And I wanted to sail Escape too so I decided to take the best of both worlds and wait for Harmony. I figured might as well wait and do the worlds biggest ship just a little over a year from now. So tell your son to be patient and practice delaying gratification. Then he can go back to his bragging friends and say that's great you sailed oasis, I sailed her new larger and more advanced sister who happens to also be 2000 gross tons larger and 6 years newer!! And I sailed the Escape!

Edited by jason3695