Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

We were on the Getaway Thanksgiving week 2014. Had a spa room. During the busiest part of the day, there were still ceramic heated chairs available and no more than 2 to 4 people in any of the rooms or therapy pool. Most times, there were 0 - 2 people in the rooms (steam, sauna, salt). I'm hoping that selling weekly passes in advance does not mean that NCL is over-selling. The water therapy pool is small. I wish they had a much bigger therapy pool -- compare to the free one on Celebrity Constellation.

SeaWatcher, thanks for the info regarding your last Thanksgiving cruise. It's been 5 years since ours and quite a bit has changed! The advance selling of the weekly passes is precisely why I'm wondering if it will be too crowded. The question is ... Will they cut it off after having sold a specific number of passes? One can only hope they considered occupancy numbers when they decided to sell the passes in advance.

I find, when I get nakey in the spa, crowds tend to thin out.:D:rolleyes:

For those who have already booked the shows on a 7 night cruise, can you confirm that these are the availables dates and times. I am not sure if they are going to change from one week to another.

Saturday - Supper Club (5:15 pm and 8:30 pm).

Sunday - At sea - Supper Club (5:15 pm and 8:30 pm). After Midnight (7:00 pm and 9:30 PM)

Monday - At sea - Supper Club (5:15 pm and 8:30 pm). Million Dollar Quartet (7:00 and 9:30 pm)

Tuesday - St. Marteen - Million Dollar Quartet (7:00 pm and 9:30 pm)

Wednesday - Tortola - No shows

Thursday - At sea - Supper Club (7:30 pm). After Midnight (7:00 pm and 9:30 PM)

Friday - Nassau - Supper Club (7:30 pm). After Midnight (8:30PM)

Personally, I am surprised that there are no shows available for Wednesdays since we leave port at 3:00 pm.

For those who have already booked the shows on a 7 night cruise, can you confirm that these are the availables dates and times. I am not sure if they are going to change from one week to another.

Sunday - At sea - Supper Club (5:15 pm and 8:30 pm). After Midnight (7:00 pm and 9:30 PM)

Monday - At sea - Supper Club (5:15 pm and 8:30 pm). Million Dollar Quartet (7:00 and 9:30 pm)

Personally, I am surprised that there are no shows available for Wednesdays since we leave port at 3:00 pm.

Looks like my week of December 5th is the same as yours with the shows. You are right. No shows after Tortola.

We are on the November 28th, 2015 cruise here are our showtimes, nothing on Wednesday.

For the Record: The Brat Pack

Saturday November 28, 2015 (5:15 PM, 8:30 PM)

Sunday November 29, 2015 (5:15 PM)

Monday November 30, 2015 (5:15 PM, 8:30 PM)

Thursday December 3, 2015 (7:30 PM)

Friday December 4, 2015 (7:30 PM)

Million Dollar Quartet

Monday November 30, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Tuesday December 1, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

After Midnight

Sunday November 29, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Thursday December 3, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Friday December 4, 2015 (8:30 PM)

We are on the November 28th, 2015 cruise here are our showtimes, nothing on Wednesday.

For the Record: The Brat Pack

Saturday November 28, 2015 (5:15 PM, 8:30 PM)

Sunday November 29, 2015 (5:15 PM)

Monday November 30, 2015 (5:15 PM, 8:30 PM)

Thursday December 3, 2015 (7:30 PM)

Friday December 4, 2015 (7:30 PM)

Million Dollar Quartet

Monday November 30, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Tuesday December 1, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

After Midnight

Sunday November 29, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Thursday December 3, 2015 (7:00 PM, 9:30 PM)

Friday December 4, 2015 (8:30 PM)

Thanks Missdixie and LouTheGlue. So based on this, it appears that the schedule of shows will be the same for all of the cruises.

I'm surprised too that there are no shows available after Tortola. That does seem weird.

But....I'm also curious exactly when the itinerary changes to St. Thomas in place of St. Maarten??

We are booked for the Escape on February 20, 2016 and our itinerary is St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. Took a quick look at NCL app and couldn't easily find St. Maarten itineraries. [emoji20]

I'm surprised too that there are no shows available after Tortola. That does seem weird.

But....I'm also curious exactly when the itinerary changes to St. Thomas in place of St. Maarten??

We are booked for the Escape on February 20, 2016 and our itinerary is St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. Took a quick look at NCL app and couldn't easily find St. Maarten itineraries. [emoji20]

Sorry, it should be St. Thomas.

I wish it were St. Maarten! I'd love to do the Captain Bob excursion again. Can't seem to find anything similar in St. Thomas. :(

I am not familiar with Cpt Bob but just Googled it, in St Thomas we went on the Sea Blaster excursion on Celebrity. Might be the same, a fast boat, multiple snorkle spots, not sure if it might work out (availability, maybe exclusive to Celebrity? etc) http://seablastertours.com/

The ONLY difference between a Haven Spa Suite and a Haven Deluxe Spa Suite is that a Haven Spa Suite sleeps two and a Haven Deluxe Spa Suite sleeps three... as there is a sleeper sofa in the room.

However, it seems a little weird to have three people in a Haven Spa Suite, as the target customer is really a romantic couple. There's a Jacuzzi right inside the cabin, next to the bed... and it's big enough for two. The shower is big enough for two. The thermal suite within the spa is super-romantic. Seems to me that you don't bring along a third person and stay in a Haven Spa Suite! It's a room for romance.

I certainly don't think that the Haven Spa Suite is designed simply for romance - I've sailed in a Spa Suite and a Spa Mini-Suite with my best friend and we're the ones in the Haven Deluxe Spa Suite for the Transatlantic - and I promise you that while I love her dearly, there will be no romance! LOL ;)

I wish it were St. Maarten! I'd love to do the Captain Bob excursion again. Can't seem to find anything similar in St. Thomas. :(

We loved Captain Bob as well - and have done his excursion twice. While it's not a speed boat, we had a similarly good time and wonderful snorkeling on Fury, a sailboat charter in St. Thomas (http://www.usvisailing.com/) - worth checking out!

Edited by puddles99

We loved Captain Bob as well - and have done his excursion twice. While it's not a speed boat, we had a similarly good time and wonderful snorkeling on Fury, a sailboat charter in St. Thomas (http://www.usvisailing.com/) - worth checking out!

I am not familiar with Cpt Bob but just Googled it, in St Thomas we went on the Sea Blaster excursion on Celebrity. Might be the same, a fast boat, multiple snorkle spots, not sure if it might work out (availability, maybe exclusive to Celebrity? etc) http://seablastertours.com/

Thank you both for the suggestions! :)

I can muster my way through a few languages, but this is not one of them! Enjoy, or maybe someone would be kind enough to give us a brief translation.

Lots of new videos out and pictures out there of Escape as the backdrop for the NDR2 Festival but Photobucket isn't wanting to cooperate with me to share them.

http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/Norwegian-Escape-Ein-Schiff-der-Superlative,kreuzfahrtschiff216.html

I can muster my way through a few languages, but this is not one of them! Enjoy, or maybe someone would be kind enough to give us a brief translation.

Lots of new videos out and pictures out there of Escape as the backdrop for the NDR2 Festival but Photobucket isn't wanting to cooperate with me to share them.

http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/Norwegian-Escape-Ein-Schiff-der-Superlative,kreuzfahrtschiff216.html

In the video clip, roughly;

In the theatre "A lot has to be done, etc"

Up the stairs some standard stair jokes.

When knocking on the stonewall (La Cucina?) she says something like "This is no wallpaper, real bricks, cruise ships are nuts."

Nice shot of the main pool, after that some small talk about where ship is heading, when, etc and a joke if there's a small cabin left over on the TA for her which, she says, he may answer when the camera stops filming.

Nice to see the theatre, stairwells (very Epic, BA and GA familiar) and the pool.

Are there any more vids?

In the video clip, roughly;

In the theatre "A lot has to be done, etc"

Up the stairs some standard stair jokes.

When knocking on the stonewall (La Cucina?) she says something like "This is no wallpaper, real bricks, cruise ships are nuts."

Nice shot of the main pool, after that some small talk about where ship is heading, when, etc and a joke if there's a small cabin left over on the TA for her which, she says, he may answer when the camera stops filming.

Nice to see the theatre, stairwells (very Epic, BA and GA familiar) and the pool.

Are there any more vids?

http://youtu.be/Ya0Gm1q71MQ

I believe they should be longer as they run the width of the room whereas the 2 BR balconies are shorter as they are losing out on the portion that houses the bathroom. The living room portion of the 2 BR units would not be as wide as the PH (in my uneducated opinion!).

We had both types of rooms on the Epic and the Penthouse had a bigger balcony but the 2 BR units were much nicer for us. I loved being able to get up in the morning while my husband slept, make my tea and hang on the balcony. We will have a penthouse on the Escape. We will have friends in the adjoining penthouse, their first cruise. Hopefully the LOVE it!!!