Hello!

Hi all,

I am a new poster here, and am finding my way around the site. I thought I would post in the Australia/NZ forums as I am from Sydney. I used CHCHgirl as Sydgirl was taken, I used to live in Christchurch, Nz and my late hubby was a kiwi from there.

I have two teenage daughters (I am in my mid 40's) , and we are heading off for our first two day Cruise ex Sydney in October, Rhapsody of the Seas. I've booked a P & O south pacific for next year.

This forum has been invaluble for me, I've read and read so much advice already, I am soooo nervous as never have been cruising but am keen to try something different. My motto is life is too short, so go for it!

I thought I should join as I am finding myself spending a bit of time on here!

Look forward to getting to know you all..

Michelle :)

Hi all,

I am a new poster here, and am finding my way around the site. I thought I would post in the Australia/NZ forums as I am from Sydney. I used CHCHgirl as Sydgirl was taken, I used to live in Christchurch, Nz and my late hubby was a kiwi from there.

I have two teenage daughters (I am in my mid 40's) , and we are heading off for our first two day Cruise ex Sydney in October, Rhapsody of the Seas. I've booked a P & O south pacific for next year.

This forum has been invaluble for me, I've read and read so much advice already, I am soooo nervous as never have been cruising but am keen to try something different. My motto is life is too short, so go for it!

Welcome to CC Michelle. Yes, you will get some great info. Enjoy !

Hi all,

Hi Michelle welcome to CC also

welcome home Les and hope you had a good trip

Hi Michelle welcome to CC also

welcome home Les and hope you had a good trip

Thanks Bob. Three months away is a long time.

Edited by NSWP

Hi all,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Cruising and this site can become addictive:):)

Welcome to Cruise Critic Michelle! :) Don't be nervous about your cruises. My cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas was one of my favourite cruises, plus I thoroughly enjoyed my P&O cruises also. Once you've done one, you'll be so glad you have the next one already booked. It's so addictive! Go with an open mind, and just go with the flow once you're on board, and you will quickly become addicted, just like the rest of us. :)

Hello Michelle

A BIG WELCOME from me too! You'll find all the information you need about cruising and the cruise ships here on Cruise Critic. If you want to know something specific you can do a search by using the search section here on the top right hand side.

There are lots of reviews of the Rhapsody to read as well. She's a great little ship with a happy crew! I'm sorry we're losing her!

Don't be afraid to ask any questions here. Someone will know the answer or will guide you to the best place to find it.

Gae

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I'm not sure what I will be posting as yet as I haven't been on a cruise, but I'm looking forward to it..it's unbelievable just how many people I've met or know who love cruising. :)

Hello Michelle

Don't be afraid, you can ask anything on here and there is so much information. You have chosen a great ship for your first cruise - Rhapsody of the Seas. Once you do your first cruise, go into the Crown and Anchor Society section of the Royal Caribbean website and become a member - you will get cruise points - 1 point for every night of the cruise.

Also check out the Roll Call section, you can find your cruise and join the roll call. You can also register for the RCI meet and mingle you will find the link on the roll call screens.

Happy researching on CC.

A very warm Welcome to you Michelle! How exciting it must be for you to be exploring a new horizon....cruising! Great way to travel and meet new people! Cruise Critic is so full of amazing information and is fun to explore and read. Be warned though....both cruising and Cruise Critic are addictive.

Welcome. We went on our first cruise(s) last year. The info we received on here and the great people we met on from our roll call were so appreciated and added so much to our great holiday.

I hope you enjoy your planned cruises and as others have said "you will be hooked"

Welcome Michelle. Make sure you click on the "Roll Call Tool" at the top of this age and search for your cruise. You can then put your name on the roll call and also for the "Meet & Mingle" on your South Pacific cruise. This is a fantastic way to meet your fellow Cruise Critic posters and make new friends.

Happy cruising!

My motto is life is too short, so go for it!

Hi Michelle - welcome aboard. I'm sure you are going to love your cruises and bet they will not be your last!!!

My Motto's are -

"if you don't do it, you wouldn't have done it"

and

"one must dip one's toes in the pool of indulgence, now and then":D

Michelle, we have 2 daughters (12 & 14). Our first cruise was last year. They didn't want to go. By the time we got off the cruise they were upset because they did not want it to end!!. We are going on more cruises this year and they are very excited. Once hooked there is no escape. :)

Edited by Kiwiaus

Thank you all :)

My big cruise isn't till next year, but maybe I will go on the roll call, it would be good to meet other people as it's just me and the girls, sometimes it's great to talk to another adult!

Welcome chchgirl - we take our teen grandkids on cruises - we might as well stay home!!!! we don't see them. They started on a 3 dayer out of Fremantle when they were littlies - now it's "Nanna - when are we going on another cruise???" Hoping they might return the favour now they are working :eek: (Live in hope - die in despair).

You will have wonderful time - you will become addicted ;) Everyone on the boards is very helpful - and they are a mine of information - just feel free to ask. Again....welcome:D

Edited by dizzy1948

Welcome, Michelle.

As I've recently discovered, this community is a gold mine of information.

Like you I'm still waiting (impatiently) to go on my first cruise. Meanwhile I'm learning so much about cruising from reading various threads here. :)