Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

Whilst there hasnt been a list of cocktail prices previously published by X, the Bar Menus did previously all show a range of cocktails many of which fell within the classic package. On Eclipse last week, we couldnt find a single bar menu showing a cocktail within the classic drinks price limit. They were available, you just needed to ask a barman or rely on the A4 sheet of cocktails from Guest Relations. Not really ideal though.

Thankyou Kevin,

No not ideal at all. Yes I do like cocktails and would like to try more when I am on a cruise with the classic package. But I am just confused why they should put "All cocktails up to $9.50"....I really find that strange because as you have said there isnt a cocktail menu? Or Daiquiris either.?

Surely I am not the only one to like them.?

Please Celebrity if you are reading this think about getting a list with prices. You could even do Large and Small ones couldnt you.! If that would be easier. I do not want part of my day being wasted going from bar to bar to find one within my range.?

No not ideal at all. Yes I do like cocktails and would like to try more when I am on a cruise with the classic package. But I am just confused why they should put "All cocktails up to $9.50"....I really find that strange because as you have said there isnt a cocktail menu? Or Daiquiris either.?

Please Celebrity if you are reading this think about getting a list with prices. You could even do Large and Small ones couldnt you.! If that would be easier. I do not want part of my day being wasted going from bar to bar to find one within my range.?

When I was on the Eclipse last October, there was never a list of drinks available....and no one had issue with it. I went to the bars, looked at the menu, and chose my drink. End of. If you have a favourite cocktail, then go ahead and ask if they can make you one within you package price. It can be quite simple really without all the stress. Enjoy your cruise and relax

Thankyou Kevin,

When I was on the Eclipse last October, there was never a list of drinks available....and no one had issue with it. I went to the bars, looked at the menu, and chose my drink. End of. If you have a favourite cocktail, then go ahead and ask if they can make you one within you package price. It can be quite simple really without all the stress. Enjoy your cruise and relax :D

When I was on the Eclipse last October, there was never a list of drinks available....and no one had issue with it. I went to the bars, looked at the menu, and chose my drink. End of. If you have a favourite cocktail, then go ahead and ask if they can make you one within you package price. It can be quite simple really without all the stress. Enjoy your cruise and relax :D

But the issue is looking at the current bar menus would not help as there no cocktails on the menus that are within the classic package price level. I dont normaly drink cocktails but wanted to try some on our cruise but having no knowledge of what to ask for then I was stuck. The stress is caused by X. I'd like it to be simple but it wasnt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But the issue is looking at the current bar menus would not help as there no cocktails on the menus that are within the classic package price level. I dont normaly drink cocktails but wanted to try some on our cruise but having no knowledge of what to ask for then I was stuck. The stress is caused by X. I'd like it to be simple but it wasnt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In general, most bartenders onboard will be happy to make recommendations that are within your package allowance. I also have no idea about Cocktails,but I asked them to surprise me, as long as it was within my allowance. When I go on my next cruise, which granted is awhile away, I will see if they have any new menu's and post them here....well, unless someone else manages it earlier that is. :p

And still waiting . . .

You are going to be the first to tell us lol When you board post on CC and give us first hand info ! You will probably beat X ! You are going to have a great cruise and maximize your Premium Pkg! Think Dragonfly at the Molecular Bar! I have to wait until Oct:(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are going to be the first to tell us lol When you board post on CC and give us first hand info ! You will probably beat X ! You are going to have a great cruise and maximize your Premium Pkg! Think Dragonfly at the Molecular Bar! I have to wait until Oct:(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think you may be right! I'm sure I'll have a great time!

At this point, it's more the principle of the way Celebrity is handling this whole mess. It's unbelievable to me that their CSR's have not been informed about the changes to the Classic Package. Makes me think I will need to print the "official" Celebrity statement on things and bring them on board with us.

When I was on the Eclipse last October, there was never a list of drinks available....and no one had issue with it. I went to the bars, looked at the menu, and chose my drink. End of. If you have a favourite cocktail, then go ahead and ask if they can make you one within you package price. It can be quite simple really without all the stress. Enjoy your cruise and relax

Exactly. It's no issue if you do it like that.

Like I said, there's not a huge choice available in that price range though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you especially want to try lots of cocktails.

But if you get it and are comfortable with that as just a small option, then that's the right way to do it.

Please explain, were you denied any drinks?

Never had a drink refused, wine, Malibu, cocktails all premium coffees in cafe al baccio martini vermouth, gin and tonic. No problems keeping within classic package

Thanks for the wine list, nice job! It would be nice to see a premium list with the classic offerings edited out (well over 100 listings).

Ask and you shall receive :) might be some errors, this is very unofficial. Note: there are some items listed on the classic package that aren't listed on the premium package, however I assume that everything in the classic package is included and they were just accidental omissions.

Additions in the Premium Package:

Non- Alcoholic

Vitamin Water, Red Bull

Beers

O'Douls, Blue Moon, Leffe Blonde Ale, Amstel Light, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Sapporo , Boddingtons, Hoegaarden, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Kirin, Kirin Light, Corona Guinness Stout, Newcastle Ale, Stella Artois, Peroni, Sierra Nevada, La Fin Du Monde, Fullers London Pride, Anchor Steam, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Dogfish head, Ommeang Abby Ale

Spirits

Vodka

Reval Classic, Firefly, Belvedere, Absolut 100, Rain Vodka, Symphony, X- Rated, Absolut Elyx, Xellent Swiss, Grey Goose, Christiania, Pearl, Stolichnaya Elite, Ciroc Hangar, One Imperia, Jewel of Russia, Classic Reyka, Russian Standard, TRU Organic, Trump Super Premium, Charbay, Chopin, Belvedere Intense, Pravda

Gin

Hendrick's Gin, Tanqueray 10 Batch Distilled

Tequila

Cazadores Anejo ,Tequila Patron Silver, Patron Reposado, Don Julio Blanco, Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila, Herradura

Scotch

Johnnie Walker Black, Jameson, Glenlivet, Chivas Century, Dalwhinnie, Lagavulin, Laphroaig 10 Yrs, Jameson 12yr Special Reserve, Dewar's 12 Yrs., Macallan, Highland Park 12 yrs, Cragganmore , Jameson Gold

Bourbon/Brandy

Bookers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Bakers, Courvoisier VS, Courvoisier VSOP, Martell VSOP,Remy Martin VSOP

Rum

Barbancourt Mount Gay, Pyratt XO, 10 CanE, Flor de Cana, Centenario Gold 18 years, Ron Zacapa Solera Grand Reserve 23 yrs

Canadian Whiskey

Aperitifs/Cordials Cherry Herring, Cassis, Jagermister, Midori, Absinthe, Amarula, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Grand Marnier, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, TY KU Soju, Veev Acai Berry Liqueur

Ports and Sherries

Dry Sack, Harvey Bristol Cream, Lustau Solera, Tio Pepe, Taylor Fladgate, Gossart Gordon, Fonseca

Edited by ghstudio

Yes most likely as they are for premium brands

There were some rumblings at the start of our Solstice Hawaii cruise that the Martini Bar was going Premium too (The order had been given to the staff). A lot of people were upset, not sure how it ended at the end of the cruise. I haven't heard any posts about it here, so maybe they dropped it for now. I predict it's coming though.

we had a lot of problems with our classic drink package also, barely any drinks included any longer from what we had looked at on their website prior to our cruise. No more Baileys on the rocks, but yet you can get a Baileys Coffee….make sense? Sure doesn't to me. Anyway, I was extremely discouraged from ever falling for their 123 classic package again we would be better off to get the tips and shipboard credit and pay for whatever drinks we decide on.

Ask and you shall receive :) might be some errors, this is very unofficial. Note: there are some items listed on the classic package that aren't listed on the premium package, however I assume that everything in the classic package is included and they were just accidental omissions.

Additions in the Premium Package:

Non- Alcoholic

Vitamin Water, Red Bull

Beers

O'Douls, Blue Moon, Leffe Blonde Ale, Amstel Light, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Sapporo , Boddingtons, Hoegaarden, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Kirin, Kirin Light, Corona Guinness Stout, Newcastle Ale, Stella Artois, Peroni, Sierra Nevada, La Fin Du Monde, Fullers London Pride, Anchor Steam, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Dogfish head, Ommeang Abby Ale

Spirits

Vodka

Reval Classic, Firefly, Belvedere, Absolut 100, Rain Vodka, Symphony, X- Rated, Absolut Elyx, Xellent Swiss, Grey Goose, Christiania, Pearl, Stolichnaya Elite, Ciroc Hangar, One Imperia, Jewel of Russia, Classic Reyka, Russian Standard, TRU Organic, Trump Super Premium, Charbay, Chopin, Belvedere Intense, Pravda

Gin

Hendrick's Gin, Tanqueray 10 Batch Distilled

Tequila

Cazadores Anejo ,Tequila Patron Silver, Patron Reposado, Don Julio Blanco, Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila, Herradura

Scotch

Johnnie Walker Black, Jameson, Glenlivet, Chivas Century, Dalwhinnie, Lagavulin, Laphroaig 10 Yrs, Jameson 12yr Special Reserve, Dewar's 12 Yrs., Macallan, Highland Park 12 yrs, Cragganmore , Jameson Gold

Bourbon/Brandy

Bookers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Bakers, Courvoisier VS, Courvoisier VSOP, Martell VSOP,Remy Martin VSOP

Rum

Barbancourt Mount Gay, Pyratt XO, 10 CanE, Flor de Cana, Centenario Gold 18 years, Ron Zacapa Solera Grand Reserve 23 yrs

Canadian Whiskey

Aperitifs/Cordials Cherry Herring, Cassis, Jagermister, Midori, Absinthe, Amarula, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Grand Marnier, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, TY KU Soju, Veev Acai Berry Liqueur

Ports and Sherries

Dry Sack, Harvey Bristol Cream, Lustau Solera, Tio Pepe, Taylor Fladgate, Gossart Gordon, Fonseca

Thanks for that effort, very tempting, never even heard of most ot those brands. Recommendations anyone?