Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

I still ask the original question, How can Celebrity offer a package for wine at a particular price point and that not offer any wines that fall in that price range?

M

The wines posted by kevinyork unlike in the US have the gratuity included in the price so the price point is $10.50 hope this clears up the confusion

The wines posted by kevinyork unlike in the US have the gratuity included in the price so the price point is $10.50 hope this clears up the confusion

Still totally confused. The menu states that a 15% gratuity will be added. So, will a $10.50 glass of wine plus 15% total $12.08 with gratuity, and thus be totally out of the Classic package? Do we have to limit our choices to glasses under $9.13 plus gratuity to be included in the Classic package? Hope not.

I f they keep cutting eventually the Classic will consist of

Tuborg beer

Duggans Gin,

Arrow Vodka,

Imperial Whisky

Boones Farm for the White

Ripple for the Red

a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a can of steno.

The upgrade to Premium will be a paper sack to drink it out of.

They will also introduce the ultra premium package that serves it in a paper cup.

The next package will be ultra premium plus that serves it is a red plastic cup.

Then the very top will be the Zenith package that serves it in a clean glass.

🍸🍺🍻

I f they keep cutting eventually the Classic will consist of

Tuborg beer

Duggans Gin,

Arrow Vodka,

Imperial Whisky

Boones Farm for the White

Ripple for the Red

a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a can of steno.

The upgrade to Premium will be a paper sack to drink it out of.

They will also introduce the ultra premium package that serves it in a paper cup.

The next package will be ultra premium plus that serves it is a red plastic cup.

Then the very top will be the Zenith package that serves it in a clean glass.

🍸🍺🍻

There's the cruising spirit! :rolleyes:

Still totally confused. The menu states that a 15% gratuity will be added. So, will a $10.50 glass of wine plus 15% total $12.08 with gratuity, and thus be totally out of the Classic package? Do we have to limit our choices to glasses under $9.13 plus gratuity to be included in the Classic package? Hope not.

Don't worry, it's a mistake from Celebrity. Not the first, not the last.

What we need is someone to fill in this table from current onboard pricing on a UK based ship where the advertised on board pricing includes the 15% gratuity. I'd try to do the UK pricing, but not sure where to get the current info, and every time I try to access the UK site from home it always dumps me back to the US site when I drill down to pricing.

Each season as ships relocate to the UK, lots of confusion on pricing comes up half of which relates to the custom/ UK law that requires gratuity included in displayed price. X does raise the limit (relative to US displayed pricing) to cover this amount

CLASSIC PACKAGE

====== $49/day ===

====== US Price == UK Pre-Grat == UK Incl. Grat

Beers $6.00......==___________ == ____________

Other $8.00......==___________ == ____________

PREMIUM PACKAGE

====== $59/day ===

All... $13.......==___________ == ____________

NOTE:

• UK Incl. Grat should bet the price printed on menus on board UK based cruises as UK laws require the displayed price to be an "all in" price, that must include the gratuity that is automatic.
  • UK Pre-Grat needs to be calculated to remove the 15% gratuity to compare to the US price which should be the same as US based cruises tack the 15% on to the total at the time of being served a beverage
  • US Price I have taken from the Celebrity US site as of this morning

I'm looking for best most trustworthy current information, not any "gotcha this menu and pricing is out of date" so we have the reality of where we are today....

It may be also helpful to create these tables relative to price points before the changes/increased limits in place today to have comparison.

What we need is someone to fill in this table from current onboard pricing on a UK based ship where the advertised on board pricing includes the 15% gratuity. I'd try to do the UK pricing, but not sure where to get the current info, and every time I try to access the UK site from home it always dumps me back to the US site when I drill down to pricing.

Each season as ships relocate to the UK, lots of confusion on pricing comes up half of which relates to the custom/ UK law that requires gratuity included in displayed price. X does raise the limit (relative to US displayed pricing) to cover this amount

CLASSIC PACKAGE

====== $49/day ===

Beers $6.00......==___________ == ____________

Other $8.00......==___________ == ____________

PREMIUM PACKAGE

====== $59/day ===

All... $13.......==___________ == ____________

NOTE:

• UK Incl. Grat should bet the price printed on menus on board UK based cruises as UK laws require the displayed price to be an "all in" price, that must include the gratuity that is automatic.
  • UK Pre-Grat needs to be calculated to remove the 15% gratuity to compare to the US price which should be the same as US based cruises tack the 15% on to the total at the time of being served a beverage
  • US Price I have taken from the Celebrity US site as of this morning

I'm looking for best most trustworthy current information, not any "gotcha this menu and pricing is out of date" so we have the reality of where we are today....

It may be also helpful to create these tables relative to price points before the changes/increased limits in place today to have comparison.

You need an extra line - there is a new price clip for wine on the classic package (per the Celebrity UK website and Kevinyork aboard the Eclipse).

You need an extra line - there is a new price clip for wine on the classic package (per the Celebrity UK website and Kevinyork aboard the Eclipse).

I had thought so, and even started the table with a 3rd tier - then removed it - but the US site still only shows 2 tiers...It says classic beverage and beer as one level, then liquor and wine and frozen drinks as another.

Hopefully someone will confirm with full details, and provide the specific details so I can add in special 3rd tier for the UK pricing

Not penny pinching, just was looking to get what was promised when we booked and when we made final payment. Also trying to forwarn others so they dont get the same shock we did. Im one of many 'penny pinchers' on this cruise just trying to get what we expected our cruise fare included.

As has been said, the price levels quoted in my original post and shown on the wine list menu are incl the 15% grat. If the menu says 15% will be added then its a Celebrity oversight. So the $7 limit for a beer is $6 plus 15% (seemingly rounded up to $7 as it should be $6.90......).

I see the Celebrity info being put out is contradictory. You would think introducing a big change like this would be accompanied with all staff being notified and websites being updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I appreciate your efforts ckeGuy, but the ONLY source of accurate, factual, permanent confirmation is Celebrity. When THEY release a press release and make the adjustments to their Web page, that's confirmation.

Unfortunately, what is being reported here, including those scans of menus and real time reports from ships, is temporary 'fixes' and confusion caused my mismanagement at the corporate level. Personally, I don't think it's really accurate information until it comes in writing from corporate.

Celebrity screwed the public relations pooch, big time.

Previously sent emails on the matter to Celebrity but to date no reply.

Spoke with Celebrity UK in Southampton this afternoon. They are fully aware of the reactions on these boards. The gentleman I spoke with could not provide me with a list but asked me the drinks which were my favourites (obviously a list somewhere). He confirmed a drink was on the "Classic" package and was then obviously interupted by a colleague and promptly changed his mind. He explained matters were fluid and that they hoped to clarify matters by the weekend.

This situation is so easy to fix....I'm actually a bit surprised that Celebrity didn't pick up on the suggestion earlier.

Raise the price of the drinks to whatever but leave some in the current classic package as being fully covered. The one change that's needed is to allow those with the classic package to pay for the drink upgrade rather than having to pay the full amount. If I buy a scotch that was in the package and now costs $1 too much, I'll pay the $1....but there is little chance that I'll pay $9 for that drink.

I suspect that many will go to the martini bar and pay an upcharge of $3 for a couple of drinks, they will pay an upcharge of $3 for a couple of glasses of better wine....they will actually spend more than the $10 a day they would have paid to upgrade to the premium package.

With that announcement, celebrity could turn this into a positive change vs what appears as a punitive change....and their bottom line, IMHO would actually improve over the current upgrade charges. If I'm wrong, I think it's at worst revenue neutral....and they have succeeded in cleanly increasing the cost of liquor/wine/beer on the ship for those without packages. It would be, IMHO, a win/win.

Edited by ghstudio

Not penny pinching, just was looking to get what was promised when we booked and when we made final payment. Also trying to forwarn others so they dont get the same shock we did.....

Can't thank you enough for bringing this to our attention, despite the critcism and name calling you have been subjected to. You have done us a great service, and I am very appreciative, as are many other quiet ones.

And this is also from Celebrity website right now! :confused:

It states $6 for beer and $8 for wine (as I posted earlier today)

And here it is copied and pasted directly:

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

I was just going to post the same thing! What is correct? If it only includes wine up to $8 and this is the wine list there is not a single option as far as I can tell. The cheapest wine I saw was $8.50. Is that including the service charge?

Hi just looked on the celebrity website ( uk version) and can see part of the reason for the confusion - basically the website is screwed and shows different price limits for the bev packages depending on which web page you look at. If from the home page you scroll to the bottom and choose book beverage packages, you'll see a page which gives the $6 and $8 limits. If however you click on the "life on board" tab and follow the links to the beverage packages, you'll see the $7, $10.50(wine) and $9.50 ( spirits and cocktails) with a daily fee of $56.35. Interestingly though, if you click on "book now" from this page and then log into my celebrity,you go back to the original $6 and $8 limits!!

Can't replicate this on the US site where the daily rate still shows as $49 with the limits of $6 and $8.

Doesn't do much to resolve the actual what's in and what's out, but may explain why people are quoting different amounts from the celebrity website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing on the Eclipse out of Soton in September.

When we booked nearly a year ago, we got an excellent deal with Iglu. Car parking paid, gratuities paid, plus the classic alcohol package each complimentary.

I did a bit of research yesterday and came to the conclusion that the classic package wouldn't really cover our love of martinis and slightly more expensive wines, so I rang Celebrity this am to find out if we could upgrade our complimentary classic package to a premium and how much it would cost.

I was very pleasantly surprised when the young man said yes we could and it would cost us £198 for both of is to upgrade. I've paid up, as I think it's fantastic value, we have paid £198 for what would be full price £1240!!

So I'm very happy and not complaining ... But confused ...

The premium package offers us all inclusive spirits and wines and cocktails up to $13 per serving .... But according to the molecular bar menu from the eclipse 2013, the cocktails in that bar cost $13.75 each. So do we have to pay another 75 cents!?! Am I coming to the correct conclusion that even with the premium package, we still can't 'afford' the cocktails in one of the bars!?

Your thoughts and opinions please!

We are sailing on the Eclipse out of Soton in September.

When we booked nearly a year ago, we got an excellent deal with Iglu. Car parking paid, gratuities paid, plus the classic alcohol package each complimentary.

I did a bit of research yesterday and came to the conclusion that the classic package wouldn't really cover our love of martinis and slightly more expensive wines, so I rang Celebrity this am to find out if we could upgrade our complimentary classic package to a premium and how much it would cost.

I was very pleasantly surprised when the young man said yes we could and it would cost us £198 for both of is to upgrade. I've paid up, as I think it's fantastic value, we have paid £198 for what would be full price £1240!!

So I'm very happy and not complaining ... But confused ...

The premium package offers us all inclusive spirits and wines and cocktails up to $13 per serving .... But according to the molecular bar menu from the eclipse 2013, the cocktails in that bar cost $13.75 each. So do we have to pay another 75 cents!?! Am I coming to the correct conclusion that even with the premium package, we still can't 'afford' the cocktails in one of the bars!?

Your thoughts and opinions please!

I personally agree with your decision and your view that it's great value - you won't be sorry. The molecular bar drinks are $12 before the 15% gratuity - on European cruises, the price lists show the price with the 15% added in. You will not have to pay extra. Enjoy!

The same is happening right now on Infinity. The husband usually drinks Jack and coke and it has previously been covered. He is drinking vodka soda now because the bourbon that is available, he says is horrible.

I personally agree with your decision and your view that it's great value - you won't be sorry. The molecular bar drinks are $12 before the 15% gratuity - on European cruises, the price lists show the price with the 15% added in. You will not have to pay extra. Enjoy!

On cruises that leave from the UK, drinks onboard are generally shown with gratuities included. Not true of transatlantics so far though...those are just price without gratuities. Cruises outside the UK still, in our experience show prices without gratuities included.

Edited by ghstudio

Easy solution, stop being a penny pincher or upgrade to premium package and stop complaining.

This is the worst kind of post & the one that annoys me the most.:mad:

If a person has to save hard to pay for a cruise, maybe they cannot up-grade & why should they. This is typical of todays society, spend & go into debt. My rule rule save & spend what you can afford.

Over & out.

This situation is so easy to fix....I'm actually a bit surprised that Celebrity didn't pick up on the suggestion earlier.

Raise the price of the drinks to whatever but leave some in the current classic package as being fully covered. The one change that's needed is to allow those with the classic package to pay for the drink upgrade rather than having to pay the full amount. If I buy a scotch that was in the package and now costs $1 too much, I'll pay the $1....but there is little chance that I'll pay $9 for that drink.

I suspect that many will go to the martini bar and pay an upcharge of $3 for a couple of drinks, they will pay an upcharge of $3 for a couple of glasses of better wine....they will actually spend more than the $10 a day they would have paid to upgrade to the premium package.

With that announcement, celebrity could turn this into a positive change vs what appears as a punitive change....and their bottom line, IMHO would actually improve over the current upgrade charges. If I'm wrong, I think it's at worst revenue neutral....and they have succeeded in cleanly increasing the cost of liquor/wine/beer on the ship for those without packages. It would be, IMHO, a win/win.

I would think it would also be a win win for the bar staff...a slip to sign and a line for that (if one chooses) extra gratuity.

Download a google App called Zenmate

This allows you to set the country from which you appear to be browsing ie set for uk and you will get onto X uk site - switch off once you have finished otherwise you wont see the US site

This is the worst kind of post & the one that annoys me the most.:mad:

If a person has to save hard to pay for a cruise, maybe they cannot up-grade & why should they. This is typical of todays society, spend & go into debt. My rule rule save & spend what you can afford.

Over & out.

We'll said. Couldn't agree more