New AQ Benefit -- Embarkation Brunch in Blu?

panmalv

The pizza station is in the buffet, not at the grill. Some of the M class ships had a bigger menu at the grill by the pool. I usually just got a burger and didn't pay too much attention to the other offerings. I think they offered tacos and cookies but not sure if they still do since it's been 3 years since we were on this class of ship.

Mary Lou

AQ passengers would be in Blu and CS and above can go to Michaels for embarkation. That leaves all Sky suite guests out. Seems strange they would have to go to the Buffet when they have paid more. I know Bistro on 5 is the other option.

If they are opening Blu on embarkation day for Aqua guests then it seems like they would also have the new suite's restaurant open for suite guests. Have to wait until next year to find out but will take advantage of Blu if offered on Millennium this summer.

Mary Lou

There is a post on the roll call for this week's Summit to Bermuda that says Aqua Class passengers were "ushered right to Blu" on embarkation. There was a special brunch menu -- the menu photo is not legible but folks describe a mix of breakfast and lunch foods. This sounds like a very nice idea -- I hope they keep it up!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1854471&page=78

Anyone know if this will also be on the Eclipse in June (guess when we sail :) )?

Carole

Anyone know if this will also be on the Eclipse in June (guess when we sail :) )?

Carole

At this time, I don't think anyone knows if it will be on any other ship or even repeated on the summit.

Edited by ghstudio

Going on Summit tomorrow. Do I have this right. Anyone can go to Blu tomorrow for embarcation and if not AQ pay $5? Vicki.

But Bistro on 5 is $7. Buffet free.

No, only people booked in Aqua class can go to Blu.

Other two options are correct.

Going on Summit tomorrow. Do I have this right. Anyone can go to Blu tomorrow for embarcation and if not AQ pay $5? Vicki.

Vicki, it is just like the new suite restaurant. Those in Aqua Class pay for the priviledge to have brunch in Blu, just like those in the suites will be paying for the right to have their meals in the new suite restaurant and cocktails in the new Suite/Zenith lounge. You can still go to Bistro on 5 for a fee and the buffet at no charge for lunch.

Edited by NLH Arizona

No, IF it's happening tomorrow Blu is ONLY for AQ guests....Bistro on 5 is for anyone wanting to pay $7.00

Aqua Spa Cafe is for all guests with a fee like Bistro in 5

Grill is open on embarkation day

Summit is the only reported embarkation brunch siting as of yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aqua spa Cafe only has a fee for certain items. Many items are free, anybody can go to Aqua Spa Cafe, not just those in Aqua Class

The Aqua Spa Cafe question is better asked as what items DO have a fee. I think it's generally the drinks. The whole buffet and food that you can as them to prepare for you (like salmon at lunch) is free.

I didn't think that the Mast Grill has pizza. Just hamburgers and hot dogs and associated things like fries and salads. Nor do I think it has a menu, just whatever is out.

Some FOOD items have a fee at the AquaSpaCafe as well. They no longer had salmon on our last cruise at the Cafe. The food items that come to mind which had a fee were the yogurt parfaits. $5 each. Salads were free, as well as some other items.

Some FOOD items have a fee at the AquaSpaCafe as well. They no longer had salmon on our last cruise at the Cafe. The food items that come to mind which had a fee were the yogurt parfaits. $5 each. Salads were free, as well as some other items.

The food items are on a three day rotating basis.

One of those days has a delicious poached salmon (that has to be special ordered but it is on the menu posted as you enter).

The food items are on a three day rotating basis.

One of those days has a delicious poached salmon (that has to be special ordered but it is on the menu posted as you enter).

And one day has "deviled eggs" as a special and the third day has a thai lettuce roll up. My experience would lead me to avoid using the words "made to order" or "delicious" for those...of course food is subjective.

And one day has "deviled eggs" as a special and the third day has a thai lettuce roll up. My experience would lead me to avoid using the words "made to order" or "delicious" for those...of course food is subjective.

I agree! :p

We were lucky in that the salmon was offered on embarkation day for us so I just calculated which days would have salmon and found other places to eat on the other two days. ;)

I don't eat meat and found that the Mast Grill has a wonderful veggie burger and the buffet has a good vegetarian dal.

Edited by chamima

Will be leaving next week on the Milli and staying in AQ class.

I know we can go to Blu and specialty restaurants are extra, what other options do we have?

You can eat dinner in the MDR for no extra charge, but the general policy is that you first speak to the maitre d' in Blu and he arranges it. Sometimes you are sent to Select, but sometimes Select is heavily booked and you might be sent to an opening in Traditional for the evening. You can also order dinner via room service from the MDR menu (although not from Blu), and there is a free dinner buffet.

You can eat dinner in the MDR for no extra charge, but the general policy is that you first speak to the maitre d' in Blu and he arranges it. Sometimes you are sent to Select, but sometimes Select is heavily booked and you might be sent to an opening in Traditional for the evening.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is it weird to join an established group mid-stream, even if for only one night? I know we've been put with random people in the MDR for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner after a few nights you all "know" each other...

To those who have experienced the embarkation lunch in Blu, did you notice how late it was open?

I don't think that anyone who has experienced it has posted in this thread. Which reminds me, it's time to post in today's roll call and see if they're still doing it.

The food in Aqua Spa cafe, including the hot entrees (you have to special order these) is free. The only thing they charge for are the smoothies they make. These are $5.

They were charging $5 each for yogurt parfaits as well last month.

Just FYI, you can subscribe without posting.

I think they always have, but everything else is free. I don't understand why the issue of paying to eat there ever came up given that they're a very small part of the menu and it just confused people.

The yoghurt parfaits and slurpees are new to the aqua spa area when they converted the aqua spa into SPE approved food...and when they were added they were not free. The frozen drinks are part of some of the drink packages...the yoghurt parfaits are fee only. For some they are the most important part of the menu. We miss the old aqua spa cafe and now just don't eat there at all on cruises....