What would be your "one last straw"?

constantcruiser

After reading countless posts complaining about cutbacks on nearly every cruise line, I'm convinced that a passenger rarely boycotts a line just because one small thing was missing from their last experience. It's just that a lot of little molehills eventually add up to one big mountain.

What would be the "last straw" that would absolutely make you stop sailing Celebrity? For me, I couldn't care less if Micheal's or Cellarmasters closed tomorrow. No gym...no problem. No escargot...no big deal. However, the one thing Celebrity could do that would drive me straight into the arms of another cruise line would be to eliminate the hot glass show! That's right, I'm a card-carrying glass groupie. What would it take for you to finally draw the line?

If all their ships sunk.

But it has been determined that the glass show contract will not be renewed when they expire later this year. Sad to see the OP leave. The other lines do not offer a cruise product like Celebrity.

Edited by wallie5446

If it got to feeling more like an all-inclusive resort: subpar meals, hot all the time (underpowered or no AC), lots of bugs... yeah, hot and buggy ships, that would be our deal-breaker.

The loud music that was complained about a month or so ago would have done it for us. Since it seems to be fixed, nothing I can think of besides awful food, service.

I wish they would bring back the string quartets, a cappella groups, and yes, harp players. :)

Edited by warmwinds

No gym...no problem. No escargot...no big deal. However, the one thing Celebrity could do that would drive me straight into the arms of another cruise line would be to eliminate the hot glass show! That's right, I'm a card-carrying glass groupie. What would it take for you to finally draw the line?

Um. I have to ask. What is the hot glass show?:confused:

Um. I have to ask. What is the hot glass show?:confused:

On Solstice, Eclipse and Equinox the lawn area has a glass blowing demo area. The show occurs a couple of times most days. Interesting to most people, although some pax watch it many times.

Edited by helpthejuggler

We continually sail with others and always come to Celebrity. If the food remains good to excellent and the free cocktail hour continues we will be happy along with a happy family atmosphere onboard we will sail our 4-5 cruises per year.

Happy Sailing. It is still the best.