Clarifying cutbacks to what we thought we booked.

cruzemaven

We were on the Reflection in December and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. We had the 123 beverage offer, we met in Michael's Pub some nights for drinks with our friends. In the mornings, we enjoyed participating in the Zumba classes. While on board, we all decided to switch our summer cruise from Holland America to Celebrity's Silhouette because we thought we would be getting the same product that we were currently enjoying. After final payment, I started reading posts that a few of the very things we liked have either been done away with, or as in the case with classic beverage package offer...reduced. Is this really the case? Before I tell the rest of our group, just want to make sure I have the right information. I realize that at this point, we can't do anything about our booked cruise. Just want to be informed...Thank you.

Michaels Club will be off limits. Zumba will be there but no longer will be free. The cost is around $13 including the service charge. The situation with the Classic packages is, ahem, fluid. Your favorite beverages may still be there. Check back later to see how this resolves itself

We were on the Reflection in December and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. We had the 123 beverage offer, we met in Michael's Pub some nights for drinks with our friends. In the mornings, we enjoyed participating in the Zumba classes. While on board, we all decided to switch our summer cruise from Holland America to Celebrity's Silhouette because we thought we would be getting the same product that we were currently enjoying. After final payment, I started reading posts that a few of the very things we liked have either been done away with, or as in the case with classic beverage package offer...reduced. Is this really the case? Before I tell the rest of our group, just want to make sure I have the right information. I realize that at this point, we can't do anything about our booked cruise. Just want to be informed...Thank you.

The Classic beverage package has been discussed and there is a list on the other threads, you might want to take a look at them to.

Zumba might not be at the pool, but they still have Zumba classes on the ship, it is now run by Canyon Ranch Spa.

If you are Zenith member or traveling in a suite, Michael's Club will be open to you. Otherwise, there are so many other places to met with friends for a drink.

Hopefully, you will find out what has been reduced or cancelled before your cruise, so you won't be too disappointed during your cruise. I would just tell you group that there might be changes, because after all changes always happen-nothing ever stays the same, but there are so many other things to do, that we will have a great time anyway.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I'm sure at some point in the early 90's, aerobics was cancelled, and there were plenty of people disappointed that they brought their leg warmers for nothing. They thought it was included in the fare price, now it's gone, were they ripped off?

You are paying for a specific cabin on a specific ship, for a certain number of days, intending to go to specified ports. Food and service are included. Anything else not in your contract, all the complementaries, you're not entitled to it. If the line no longer fits your fancy, or if there's better bang per buck elsewhere, by all means. Maybe OP would have switched, but the loyalists out there are kidding themselves.

How realistic is it for a cruise line (or hotel, or them park, etc.) to make a change and please everyone in the first place? If there's new fruit in the buffet, they can't realistically make 2 lines and sort out when each person booked, with the old fruit on one side and the new fruit on the other.

Also, how many of you would offer the cruise line money if there was a change in your favor, that you weren't expecting? "Captain, I didn't know the ship was going into drydock when we booked, I think we each owe Celebrity $150."

I'm sure at some point in the early 90's, aerobics was cancelled, and there were plenty of people disappointed that they brought their leg warmers for nothing. They thought it was included in the fare price, now it's gone, were they ripped off?

You are paying for a specific cabin on a specific ship, for a certain number of days, intending to go to specified ports. Food and service are included. Anything else not in your contract, all the complementaries, you're not entitled to it. If the line no longer fits your fancy, or if there's better bang per buck elsewhere, by all means. Maybe OP would have switched, but the loyalists out there are kidding themselves.

How realistic is it for a cruise line (or hotel, or them park, etc.) to make a change and please everyone in the first place? If there's new fruit in the buffet, they can't realistically make 2 lines and sort out when each person booked, with the old fruit on one side and the new fruit on the other.

Also, how many of you would offer the cruise line money if there was a change in your favor, that you weren't expecting? "Captain, I didn't know the ship was going into drydock when we booked, I think we each owe Celebrity $150."

huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I'm sure at some point in the early 90's, aerobics was cancelled, and there were plenty of people disappointed that they brought their leg warmers for nothing. They thought it was included in the fare price, now it's gone, were they ripped off?

Also, how many of you would offer the cruise line money if there was a change in your favor, that you weren't expecting? "Captain, I didn't know the ship was going into drydock when we booked, I think we each owe Celebrity $150." )

The OP was just looking for some information that most come on here for,,,,,, responses like this is the reason why many don't ask questions or respond on these boards.

WestLakeGirl answered your questions in post #2.

The rest is commentary - ignore.

I know this is not as Zumba thread – but I enjoy Zumba and participate at the local Gold’s. When I saw Zumba on the activity sheet, I was pleased until I saw it was in a public location. One cruise it was in the small centrum area near Odyssey and comedy central ( I can’t think of that area name) the other time is was at the pool. I did not participate BECAUSE is was in a public area. All other exercise classes (Yoga, stretch, etc.) have been in a gym. I really did not want folks watching me bounce around.

Actually - if any class is taught outside, Yoga would be a perfect choice.

m

If you look at your booking there is no guarantee of any activities, or do they list any. Same as in the buffet or any meals. They will provide them but make no guarantee what is being served. They may feature some shows but those are also subject to change and there is no guarantee who the performers will be unless stated for a theme cruise and I think sometimes those change.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

WestLakeGirl answered your questions in post #2.

The rest is commentary - ignore.

X2. You had a well written post and weren't complaining, just wanted some clarification. I really don' understand some of the response. Hope you have a great cruise!

The OP was just looking for some information that most come on here for,,,,,, responses like this is the reason why many don't ask questions or respond on these boards.

Let's hope so, the entitlement declarations of being burned after final payment date have gotten out of hand, and they're seemingly contagious. I'm not seeing this trend on Princess, HAL, Carnival, RCL, or the NCL forums. We certainly don't want more people joining in, openly or in their minds, with the notion that they've been swindled. Maybe this doesn't apply to the OP, especially a non loyalists, but there are plenty here that could use some water poured over their heads to snap out of it!

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

let's hope so, the entitlement declarations of being burned after final payment date have gotten out of hand, and they're seemingly contagious. I'm not seeing this trend on princess, hal, carnival, rcl, or the ncl forums. We certainly don't want more people joining in, openly or in their minds, with the notion that they've been swindled. Maybe this doesn't apply to the op, especially a non loyalists, but there are plenty here that could use some water poured over their heads to snap out of it!

lol

I know this is not as Zumba thread – but I enjoy Zumba and participate at the local Gold’s. When I saw Zumba on the activity sheet, I was pleased until I saw it was in a public location. One cruise it was in the small centrum area near Odyssey and comedy central ( I can’t think of that area name) the other time is was at the pool. I did not participate BECAUSE is was in a public area. All other exercise classes (Yoga, stretch, etc.) have been in a gym. I really did not want folks watching me bounce around.

Actually - if any class is taught outside, Yoga would be a perfect choice.

m

When I saw the Zumba classes being held by the pool I thought to my self these women are brave. Most women would be to shy to put themselves out there for public view. Hopefully, now that they charge a fee it will be held in a private venue. I bet if it is held in the gym or spa a lot more would participate even with the fee and that would be good source of revenue for the cruise line. There are many women who pay for Zumba classes at home so I don't think it would be a hardship at sea.

If you look at your booking there is no guarantee of any activities, or do they list any. Same as in the buffet or any meals. They will provide them but make no guarantee what is being served. They may feature some shows but those are also subject to change and there is no guarantee who the performers will be unless stated for a theme cruise and I think sometimes those change.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree and will add that there is no guarantee that the food will be hot or even warm, your steak tender, the entrainment will be live as apposed to recorded music, the staff will be friendly, your drink package containing the brands that were advertised and your elite breakfast being offered buffet style.

When I saw the Zumba classes being held by the pool I thought to my self these women are brave. Most women would be to shy to put themselves out there for public view. Hopefully, now that they charge a fee it will be held in a private venue. I bet if it is held in the gym or spa a lot more would participate even with the fee and that would be good source of revenue for the cruise line. There are many women who pay for Zumba classes at home so I don't think it would be a hardship at sea.

Yes, I would definitely not do the zumba class in public, my husband would be rolling on the deck laughing and the I would find the video on utube.