Looks like drink vouchers are here to stay

They were on Explorer when I sailed in March.

I never use 3 letter abbreviations for the reason you brought up. I use the two letter designation the ships crew use.

EX Explorer

EN Enchantment

[[[/color][/color][/color

We did not have them on Explorer last month (May, 2014).

Ray in NH (On temporary assignment in Copenhagen)]

[[[/color][/color][/color

We did not have them on Explorer last month (May, 2014).

Ray in NH (On temporary assignment in Copenhagen)]

Rumor has it they're on the Explorer now. Hopefully someone that has sailed recently can chip it and clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FREEDOM OF THE SEAS:

We were on the Freedom for the May 31 and June 5 sailing. Vouchers were not used during those two weeks.

Last November we had them during the trial on the Independence TransAtlantic. We had mixed feelings about them but think they would be enjoyable by many.

We are sailing in August with friends who are not Diamond or higher and hope the vouchers are offered.

Oops…..we were actually on the EXPLORER. :o:o My brain is fried from all the drinks...:eek: ….and they were not using the vouchers. :o

Oops…..we were actually on the EXPLORER. :o:o My brain is fried from all the drinks...:eek: ….and they were not using the vouchers. :o

We received an email that the 3 drink voucher will be on our 11/1 Explorer cruise. We also have a cruise booked on the Explorer for 7/31 but haven't received anything about drinks on that cruise.

Another poster on another thread reportedly got an email saying they'd have vouchers on Ex on 6/28. Perhaps that portends well for your future cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43115308#post43115308

I ask the same question about the theater earlier but no answer. Hopefully you will get a response. :)

But then if you get a drink in the bar, you can take it with you to the theatre, just extra bother really.

Under the vouchers system that is being talked about, what happens on ships with only a Diamond Event? Will I be able to use my vouchers for a beer, rather then only getting 25% off? Will I be able to get a standard vodka tonic for instance? Or do I have to go to some lounge other then the Diamond Event to get a drink using my voucher? Anyone have any ideas on this??? Thanks

If it follows the "Explorer model", it eliminates the Diamond Event. Since they are planning on rolling out the program fleet-wide, that will include Majesty (and any other ship that still does not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge), and all D will have the 3 daily vouchers, good for any drink on the list that has been posted several times.

Thanks Merion Mom...Maybe someone who sails on the Explorer once this goes in effect can update us as to their experience....thanks

If only there was convenient way to create a running list of when the roll out hits on each of the ships in the fleet:confused:

Last March on The Explorer they did a 3 drink voucher test for the entire cruise. The Diamond Event was still held nightly in Maharaja's with free drinks similar to the current Diamond Clubs. Voucher drinks were only available in the bars and not available in the dining room, theater, etc..

Who knows where this goes when it's rolled out permanently, but I believe they will continue the Diamond Event to promote the camaraderie of C&A members.

Just spoke to a representative at the Crown & Anchor Society (found out my email address was deactivated after a certain date, she was able to reactivate it) and she told me the following about the Roll-out of the drink vouchers.

Independence of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas started on the 14th of June.... All the rest is suppose to be completed by September of 2014.

If this rollout requires an IT staff member to physically perform the upgrade on board the ship, then I would guess it will be the FL and east coast home-docked ships first.

However, most upgrades to software systems use a "push" technology, and the IT staff assigned to the ship would download it to their local server.

Just spoke to a representative at the Crown & Anchor Society (found out my email address was deactivated after a certain date, she was able to reactivate it) and she told me the following about the Roll-out of the drink vouchers.

Independence of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas started on the 14th of June.... All the rest is suppose to be completed by September of 2014.

Bring on the the drink vouchers.

IMHO, this is a great new benefit and expansion of the current C&A program. A lot of you have made many excellent points about the many good things this will do. I don't need to reiterate all of them here... Personally this just will increase my overall positive cruise experience... Being able to enjoy different venues and or the same venue which may not be the current Diamond Lounge is a very welcome addition...

We've been on twice since March and never heard a word about it.

How did you find out?

Tests were run in March on Navigator, Indy and maybe a couple more. Guess it was successful:) Explorer and Indy started with the vouchers 6/14. All ships should have this by the end of September. You will be notified in a letter in your stateroom from the Diamond Concierge if it is on your cruise. Sailing this Sunday on Navigator, but I don't expect the vouchers to be available yet.

I REEEAAAALLLY would like these vouchers on my b2b Vision cruises with my friend. She is not Diamond yet, so it would be wonderful to be able to have these vouchers, and go to other lounges with her. I think I'll call C&A and see if they have any more info.

C&A Diamond Plus Desk said they don't have any further information now, and for me to check closer to my cruises on the Vision. She said they might have a rollout schedule by then.

Right now it's the Explorer and the Independence.

We are sailing on the Oasis on the Trans-Atlantic September 1.

Received the e-mail this morning that it will be implemented on

our sailing. Very nice perk..

This past week we were on the Vision and it was at Coco Cay with the Majesty. At the Wacky Seagull, I asked a Majesty bar tender if the Diamond Event was still just wine or were D, D+ and Pinnacles served cocktails similar to the DLs and CLs. He said the Majesty has been serving the same drinks as the DLs and CLs for months in the Viking Crown Lounge.

He did not know if they would continue to have a special space in the VC allocated for the "Diamond Event" when the vouchers are initiated. I suspect not.

I have to think some of the logic to this is that there are only going to be more Diamond lounge eligible C&A members unless something else change (key words). There will come a point even on ships with Diamond Lounges that demand is going to exceed supply, and make for a crowded room.

On all our cruises we've gone in a suite for the 2x points as well as the CL access, which we take full advantage of. Hopefully nothing is going to change on that end. Again, there don't seem to be any imminent changes, but long term, who knows?

This past week we were on the Vision and it was at Coco Cay with the Majesty. At the Wacky Seagull, I asked a Majesty bar tender if the Diamond Event was still just wine or were D, D+ and Pinnacles served cocktails similar to the DLs and CLs. He said the Majesty has been serving the same drinks as the DLs and CLs for months in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Friend of mine just told me this..........I think it's great..:)