Royal Thinks we don't check prices!

This latest fall season BOGOHO is a joke.

At the final booking page , They upped the first person price 150% and reduced the second person fare in half. DUH!

The final price for a cruise I had been looking at the on the Grandeur the last few weeks IS THE SAME.

I just hate these kind of tactics.

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This has been discussed on this forum repeatedly since the BOGOHO started.

The original price you see if the average price per person. Once you get into the reservation you see the 1st person full fare and 2nd person half off fare. There is even a disclaimer on the page saying this is how it works.

Many threads explaining why it works this way.

I have read so many complaints about this over the last month that I wish RCCL would just change something in their booking tool that states "THIS IS AN AVERAGE PRICE PER PERSON".

I'm sure they thought it was helpful to show this up front, but people are interpreting the detail pop-up box as a bait-and-switch tactic, and it's not.

Monday when the sale started my cabin went down $400 .If I waited until Wednesday the savings would have been $95. I checked a travel site and they had lower prices than the Rccl site,Perhaps they locked in some cabins at bargain prices

............Frank

This latest fall season BOGOHO is a joke.

At the final booking page , They upped the first person price 150% and reduced the second person fare in half. DUH!

The final price for a cruise I had been looking at the on the Grandeur the last few weeks IS THE SAME.

I just hate these kind of tactics.

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are late with your gripe. This has been covered by more than a dozen threads. Conclusion: Cruise per person on the front page is the average after all discounts, including balcony discounts.

The BOGO average price is currently $1,000 MORE PER PERSON than I paid 2 months ago (for a November 2014 cruise).

Oh yeah. D2. Navigator.

You should have got in when the sale started. many people saved a lot of money.

The last BOGOHO sale netted me discounts on every single Royal cruise I had booked at the time (1 this year, 3 in 2015, and 1 on 2016).

JR suite on the Oasis next summer dropped almost 10-12%, others dropped about that much or a little lower.

Also, I pay for (near) real time cruise price tracking, so it isn't like I missed earlier deals and had overpaid for my cruises in the first place. The price I got during that sale was as lowest as the prices had been since I had originally booked.

Edited by JasonV1

I wonder if they show the pricing this way to confuse the price tracking sites?

Actually, I think showing the average price per person helps the price tracking sites. They don't have to do any computations to determine if the price shown is less than a previously booked price.

Actually, I think showing the average price per person helps the price tracking sites. They don't have to do any computations to determine if the price shown is less than a previously booked price.

Right! I was thinking backwards which is why I let someone else track the fares..........

I purchased on the first day of their last Kids sail free sale and two days later the cost for the same category cabin had gone up over $500! A friend of mine had a preiovously booked room for the Freedom and she called agent to get the deal and it saved her $900! I managed to snag the last corner after cabin on Liberty, glad I didnt hesitate :-)

The BOGO average price is currently $1,000 MORE PER PERSON than I paid 2 months ago (for a November 2014 cruise).

Oh yeah. D2. Navigator.

mine is the same.. actually cost less without the 50%off...

We made some big saving son previously booked cruises when the bogoho first came out. Prices have gone up in the 6 weeks since - but this makes total sense! Prices are driven by demand, and sale prices drive demand right up.

For me it comes down to this, book at a price you are happy with. If you think the sale price is too expensive then don't book. Simple.

I saved about 600 on my cruise so I dont have a problem at all!

I was happy that I saved $500 on a cruise that I had previously booked and they applied the BOGO deal.

We had already booked and thought we had a good fare before getting the savings. I think it depends on if you booked early in May when the sale started. I noticed that on all three of our bookings, the fares have gone up. If I had to book now, I would not feel like I was getting a deal.

This has been discussed on this forum repeatedly since the BOGOHO started.

The original price you see if the average price per person. Once you get into the reservation you see the 1st person full fare and 2nd person half off fare. There is even a disclaimer on the page saying this is how it works.

Many threads explaining why it works this way.

But the bottom line is the bottom line - if 1/2 off does not result in any savings or very little savings - then I don't blame anyone for complaining about it.

I have read so many complaints about this over the last month that I wish RCCL would just change something in their booking tool that states "THIS IS AN AVERAGE PRICE PER PERSON".

I'm sure they thought it was helpful to show this up front, but people are interpreting the detail pop-up box as a bait-and-switch tactic, and it's not.

I don't know if it is necessarily bait and switch. But if there is not any bottom line savings on a trip, surely anyone can see why someone would be upset at a 50% off second guest "Sale" when they are not actually seeing any savings on the total price of the trip? I look at the total price of the cruise, not the per person fares. From what I now understand there was an actual 50% off sale the first few days of May and then the prices increased to cover the sale price. What I do not understand is why Royal Caribbean extended the sale if people can see with their own two eyes that there is not any bottom line savings on the trip.

You should have got in when the sale started. many people saved a lot of money.

I got in BEFORE the sale started. Not WHEN it started. I checked the BOGO prices the day the sale went on:

I paid $634pp for a D1 --- Total for the cabin: $1264(b/f port fees).

The 1st day of the BOGO it jumped up to $1689pp; w/ the BOGOHALF OFF it was $2534 total for the cabin (B/4 port fees), or slightly more than DOUBLE what I paid BEFORE the BOGO.