Constellation makes a 360

HarR

Cruising on the HAL MS-Rotterdam out of Geiranger Norway. I noticed to my surprise the Constellation made a 360 in front of the famous 7 sisters waterfall.

June 18th 4:55 PM

Constellation.jpg

Awesome...thanks for posting.

we had a similar treat on Connie in the Saguenay, Canada when she first travelled the Cabada itin,. At one point the Captain also had alot of fun blowing the horn too

Captain Tasos loves his "Donut Maneuver" :D

That is very true. He once told me that he loves leaving ports where he needs to do a donut. OP: Thanks for the great picture and have a wonderful cruise.

That is very true. He once told me that he loves leaving ports where he needs to do a donut. OP: Thanks for the great picture and have a wonderful cruise.

Yeap, and he does it regularly in ports like Santorini for Sailaway and his home port of Athens apparently.

Awesome pic, thanks!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

I hope it continued turning and did at least a 540 so it was able to come back out of the fjord and continue the cruise! ;)

I'll give you a hint. Look at the time of the picture ;)

Captain Tasos is the man! He loves to sound that horn. BTW, he's Greek.:D

I agree!:) He has a great sense of humor, and he constantly tried to make sure the passengers were having the best experience possible.

Looking forward to our first cruise on the ship in Dec.

This reminds me of our Century Hawaii cruise last year when the captain did 360s as we cruised past the volcano late one evening. So great to see the red lava flow on the dark sea, and everyone out in deck had a chance to see it.

Just got off this sailing. In Geiranger, not only were we treated to the spectacular 360 in front on the Seven Sisters and the Suitor (with musical accompaniment) but we were the only ship in port that day (of at least 4 or more) that was able to "dock" using the new SeaWalk so we didn't have to tender in like everyone else. Kudos to Capt Tasos.

Thank you to the OP for the photo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app