Reflection - Deck Missing?

B17

I have just been studying the deck plans for our upcoming cruise on Reflection and noticed there seems to be a deck missing?

The sky lounge is one deck lower than normal and a sun deck or part of a sun deck is missing. Has anyone who has cruised on the other Solstice Class Ships found this has impacted on deck space/deck chairs etc.

Also the Sky lounge looks smaller - again does it get crowded. Is there anything else I need to know.

Put the deckhand of another Sclasss next to it and you will find them to be the same.

Some of the top decks were filled in and some cabins added.

Blu is conjested because they added more tables to accomodate the extra passengers in AQ.

The rest of the ship seemed about the same as they enlargedsome of the lounge areas.

A lot to the lawn area is off limits because of the Alcoves.

Still a lot of space and basically you won't notice if it is more crowded than the other ships.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Put the deckhand of another Sclasss next to it and you will find them to be the same.

Some of the top decks were filled in and some cabins added.

Blu is conjested because they added more tables to accomodate the extra passengers in AQ.

The rest of the ship seemed about the same as they enlargedsome of the lounge areas.

A lot to the lawn area is off limits because of the Alcoves.

Still a lot of space and basically you won't notice if it is more crowded than the other ships.

They did actually add an extra deck or half deck to Reflection and the ship is wider than the other S class ships. Celebrity did say they added I believe 24 tables to Blu but many who have eaten in Blu deny that it is 24.

I was trying to find the press release that explains it however that portion of Celebrity's web site is not working..

Edited by dkjretired

One of the Senior Officers told the people at our table that 30,000 shipping creates fall off ships each year. Perhaps the "missing deck" either fell off or was in one of those crates:)

I have just been studying the deck plans for our upcoming cruise on Reflection and noticed there seems to be a deck missing?

The sky lounge is one deck lower than normal and a sun deck or part of a sun deck is missing. Has anyone who has cruised on the other Solstice Class Ships found this has impacted on deck space/deck chairs etc.

Also the Sky lounge looks smaller - again does it get crowded. Is there anything else I need to know.

Of course there never is a deck #13 on cruise ships. That is a given fact. The Sky Observation Lounge is over the Fitness Center on the Reflection. (I have a one/two page color spread sheet of the deck plan which I just brought home while on the Infinity in April.) On Infinity, there were the Children's Club rooms where the new suites are located. I don't see much floor space difference at all on the graphic.

Does it get crowded? Yes, depending on what is going on in the lounge. On Infinity it was the Elite Club & higher Cocktail hour something like 5 to 7PM. If there is a performance, again it can get crowded. On the Connie, the Not So Newlywed game was standing room only. It really depends on the event. Enjoy the Reflection.

To the OP what deck is missing ?

Ok I am trying to get my head around the fact that the Sky Lounge follows on from the pools and is now on the same deck as the Ocean View Cafe. Its usually on the deck above just behind the mast bar.

Deck 15 on the other builds has two separate sections lawn one end and kids club the other- you have to walk along deck 14 and up to deck 15 at one end back down to deck 14 and up to deck 15 at the other end.

On the Reflection there is only one bit and not two? Gosh I hope I am explaining this right.

They did actually add an extra deck or half deck to Reflection and the ship is wider than the other S class ships. Celebrity did say they added I believe 24 tables to Blu but many who have eaten in Blu deny that it is 24.

I was trying to find the press release that explains it however that portion of Celebrity's web site is not working..

That's 24 extra SEATS, not 24 extra tables.

http://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/viewRelease.php?id=560

Look at the sixth paragraph.

Edited by boogs

Of course there never is a deck #13 on cruise ships. That is a given fact.

I was just looking at a deck plan today for a cruise ship that has a deck 13. I was a bit surprised, but wouldn't call it a FACT now.

Ok I am trying to get my head around the fact that the Sky Lounge follows on from the pools and is now on the same deck as the Ocean View Cafe. Its usually on the deck above just behind the mast bar.

Deck 15 on the other builds has two separate sections lawn one end and kids club the other- you have to walk along deck 14 and up to deck 15 at one end back down to deck 14 and up to deck 15 at the other end.

On the Reflection there is only one bit and not two? Gosh I hope I am explaining this right.

There is actually an extra half a deck of cabins and more spa space, pushing the decks up from there. Silly and Reflection also are a bit longer on the cabin decks (Extend over Tuscan Grill further) so more staterooms there too. As was says, it was wider. If you look at the deck plans, the pool is on 12 on the other 4 Solstice Class ships, but on deck 14 on Reflection.

This was what I was going to say.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

That's why I said I believe, couldn't confirm it as I said because I couldn't get at the press release. Thank you for the correction.

Edited by dkjretired

DH did some photo magic to compare the Reflection to the Silhouette, check here and scroll down to the ship´s photo. Move your mouse over the photo.

And here you see the same for the Silouhette compared to her smaller (older) sisters.

steamboats

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I wanted to post your comparison and searched through dozens of threads on Reflection and couldn't find it. I am so glad you posted it for us! I have bookmarked the pages for future reference if that is OK with you.

The Reflection comparison shows quite well that it isn't a "complete deck" as some people claim. The additional space only amounts to about 1/3 of a deck.

Edited by sloopsailor

DH did some photo magic to compare the Reflection to the Silhouette, check here and scroll down to the ship´s photo. Move your mouse over the photo.

And here you see the same for the Silouhette compared to her smaller (older) sisters.

steamboats

OMG You guys are amazing. Thank you so much. I think I get it now. They have moved the pools up onto deck 14 and joined together the two ends of deck 15.

Surely the Sky lounge and Ocean view cafe are on the same deck (14) on all the S class ships, unless I have been on a different Eclipse!!

Don't tell anyone but this where the new super secret, exclusive Zenith deck will be. As just plain old Elite cruisers we're not even allowed to know it exists. Ssssshhhh, keep it quite so the poor Selects don't get all upset.

steamboats

I am using a tablet so the picture magic did not work..will try another computer someyime

but the chart that is listed at the way bottom seems to show that Reflection has more pax than Silho and the others but not that much bigger...extra cabins carved out in previously public space and loss of space to a Conference Center. We are looking forward to trying Reflection but so far really like Silho and Equinox.and hadvtwo great cruises on Solstice when she was new...have not tried Eclipse yet!

All the descriptions are helpful but seeing it will be best...esp. when dining in Blu..

Edited by hcat

I have the deck. I will not return it until I am upgraded from CC to a Suite on our 11/15/14 sailing.

However, knowing that the upgrade will never happen, I will accept cash or onboard credits.

Please send in a plain brown paper bag.

Surely the Sky lounge and Ocean view cafe are on the same deck (14) on all the S class ships, unless I have been on a different Eclipse!!

Yes, but usually they are one deck above the pool and on Reflection they are on the same deck as the pool. It does take some getting used to. :)

Yes, but usually they are one deck above the pool and on Reflection they are on the same deck as the pool. It does take some getting used to. :)

Walking around the upper deck of Reflection is easier since we don't have to go down and back up flights of stairs due to the pool deck being raised. Makes for a better flow of traffic, and visually more pleasing while on those upper decks.

Edited by boogs

Yes, on all ships, but on Reflection, they are on the SAME deck as the pool, not one deck above.

Sorry, didn't read all the way down, just saw the other answer by Sharon.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled