Laundry bag in cabin?

JandKMom

You'll get a tote bag and could use it to take your laundry home with you. The paper bag they use for sending laundry out isn't sturdy enough for that and will probably tear, but they will give you plastic shopping bags in the gift shop if you ask for them.

Do they give you one or should I bring my own?

You might want to double them.

Do they have laundry rooms where guests can do their own laundry? Thank you.

Not on Celebrity, that I know of.

I have always used the plastic laundry bag from the pre-cruise hotel, if I forget mine, since I have to pack the dirty laundry from those days into my suitcase.

We were in a suite for the last cruise and they had cloth laundry bags with cinch tops - they were not that large, but did the trick during the cruise (couldn't take it home with us, of course). You could always ask the cabin steward for one if you forget yours - they may have extras and give them to those who ask.

We were in a suite for the last cruise and they had cloth laundry bags with cinch tops - they were not that large, but did the trick during the cruise (couldn't take it home with us, of course). You could always ask the cabin steward for one if you forget yours - they may have extras and give them to those who ask.

I had heard about the cloth laundry bags, but we did not have one in our royal suite on the Infinity. Just sent the laundry out in the paper bags.

As I understand it the laundry goes our in a paper sack and for suites it comes back in a cloth bag if not on hangers, according to previous posters

Hi, that must vary because I have sent stuff out in the paper bag

and it has been returned to me in another paper bag.

I take a tall mesh collapsible laundry bag. It fits in the bottom of the suitcase and then you pop it up when ready to use. I place it in the closet.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/pop-up-mesh-laundry-hampers/3241838?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_closetlaundry_&gclid=CLz-w-rsn78CFa9r7AodPSoA-Q

When packing up, we just move the dirty laundry to our suit case. I used to also carry a cloth bag to put the dirty's in, but it took up too much bulk room in the luggage. Now, we fill each nook and cranny with dirty clothes. :D

I usually take a cheap mesh vertical hamper that folds completely flat and fits in the bottom of my suitcase. It weighs almost nothing, pops open easily, and fits on the floor of the closet. Easy to just toss stuff in. Sold at Walgreens for less than $5.

Edit: Iamthesea and I refer to the same product.

Celebrity has no self service laundry, but some HAL ships do.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

I usually take a cheap mesh vertical hamper that folds completely flat and fits in the bottom of my suitcase. It weighs almost nothing, pops open easily, and fits on the floor of the closet. Easy to just toss stuff in. Sold at Walgreens for less than $5.

Edit: Iamthesea and I refer to the same product.

Celebrity has no self service laundry, but some HAL ships do.

Our butler gave us two of the cloth ones many years ago and we bring those along, they hold quite a lot and can just throw the bag in our suitcase at the end of the cruise!!!:D

How long does it take for laundry to return if you give to room steward in the morning?

Usually the next day in the afternoon....that has been the case for me.

For Jacquie's laundry I take along a 42 gallon industrial strength trash bag. We usually fill it up twice. :D

Yeh, but you take long cruises and you put too much syrup on your waffles! All those dribble stains account for half the laundry in the 42 gall trash bag.:D

So good of you to save lucky Jacquie all that work.

I had heard about the cloth laundry bags, but we did not have one in our royal suite on the Infinity. Just sent the laundry out in the paper bags.

It was our first Celebrity suite so the cloth bags may not be a consistent thing. We would send our laundry out in the cloth bag (I do hope that is what it was for :) ) and get it back in the paper bags (and another clean cloth laundry bag would appear in the closet). It was a long cruise so we sent out stuff 4 times. The first 2 were free with Elite laundry coupons and clothes were returned folded in paper bags. When we paid for the next ones (forgot about the $20/bag coupons, but that is about what we paid anyway), they came back on hangers (except undies, but those actually looked pressed, though not sure).

Yeh, but you take long cruises and you put too much syrup on your waffles! All those dribble stains account for half the laundry in the 42 gall trash bag.:D

So THAT is the reason all my clothes are sticky. :eek: