It's a Cruise Ship.......

sail7seas

I've been noticing lately how serious so many of our discussions seem to get here.

When was the last time we had a side splitting, LOL, ROFL, thread where we remembered this whole CC Forum and our discussions revolve around the fact we all love Cruise Ships.

We lose sight of the fun, the laughter, the excess, the freedom from our everyday responsibilities.......... for Pete's Sake, IT'S A CRUISE SHIP!!!

Laugh a little too loud, drink a little too much, dance more than you ever do, have FUN! Stop analyzing, for at least a brief period, is the food hot enough? cold enough? did the stewards smile enough? did I wait too long for my drink? did someone have more mariner's stars than me? is someone in a better cabin? a worse cabin? was the tour exactly 4 hours or did it end at 3 hours and 50 minutes? You get the point.

Go, have fun, enjoy and hopefully we can all learn to relax a little more and just enjoy being on a beautiful cruise ship with people knocking themselves out to give us the best cruise possible. LET them. BE receptive to their efforts but we have to do our part.

We have to remember, it's a CRUISE SHIP and its reason for existing is for us to have fun and enjoy.

Off my soapbox. :o

I've been noticing lately how serious so many of our discussions seem to get here.

When was the last time we had a side splitting, LOL, ROFL, thread where we remembered this whole CC Forum and our discussions revolve around the fact we all love Cruise Ships.

We lose sight of the fun, the laughter, the excess, the freedom from our everyday responsibilities.......... for Pete's Sake, IT'S A CRUISE SHIP!!!

Laugh a little too loud, drink a little too much, dance more than you ever do, have FUN! Stop analyzing, for at least a brief period, is the food hot enough? cold enough? did the stewards smile enough? did I wait too long for my drink? did someone have more mariner's stars than me? is someone in a better cabin? a worse cabin? was the tour exactly 4 hours or did it end at 3 hours and 50 minutes? You get the point.

Go, have fun, enjoy and hopefully we can all learn to relax a little more and just enjoy being on a beautiful cruise ship with people knocking themselves out to give us the best cruise possible. LET them. BE receptive to their efforts but we have to do our part.

We have to remember, it's a CRUISE SHIP and its reason for existing is for us to have fun and enjoy.

Thanks Sail, I could not have said better myself!!!!!!!! But Iam glad you did :)

Good Morning, Sail

Thank you so much -- you are so right!!!!!! :D

DH and I have been cruising since 2007 -- mere rookies, I know ;) We love it -- The friends we have made -- the memories we have

We have not had one bad cruise -- how can we -- as you said, it's a cruise ship!!!

Love those "Dam" ships -- our only cruise line -- stay with what we know -- happy as clams

Have 2 more cruises scheduled -- one for September of this year and then will do our first trip to Hawaii September 2015 on The Zaandam

Thanks for that great post!! :)

I'll be trying to do a live report from our Rotterdam trip to Norway - I'll make sure to add humor to that because thankfully that's my best part of vacations. :)

Should I do a live report on our pre and post cruise adventures too? I would aim to bring levity and laughter and enjoyment to the lovely HAL board posters!

Well stated sail. We've cruised almost yearly since '97 and do so because we totally enjoy the entire experience. I've often thought about having a t-shirt made with this phrase...If you're not having fun I don't want to hear about it. Gripe-guts on cruise ships are to be avoided at all costs. And, one has to feel sorry for folks that spend so much time searching for something to complain about. Live, laugh, love...

I so agree. From the excitement of planning, booking, and anticipation to the joy of the cruise, and finally the cherished memories. There's nothing else like it and I feel so fortunate to be able to cruise. Thank you for saying it so well.

I have always said that a cruise if what you make of it, some people are too picky and make mountains out of mole hills. Relax people, enjoy yourself, let others live their own life and you live yours.

Agree, Sail. But, until I joined Cruise Critic, I would never have noticed half of the things, good and not so good, on my cruises. Now I am on the lookout for items of interest - like how many times the toilet took 15 minutes to flush, or how many times we smelled smoke on our verandah - just so I can report back! I wander around, taking aimless photos of the art and furnishings, which I then have to go through and delete half! And, you know, until CC, I don't think I had ever even noticed the day of the week mats in the elevators!:D

Actually, I don't tell DH all I know - ignorance is bliss!

I'll be trying to do a live report from our Rotterdam trip to Norway - I'll make sure to add humor to that because thankfully that's my best part of vacations. :)

Should I do a live report on our pre and post cruise adventures too? I would aim to bring levity and laughter and enjoyment to the lovely HAL board posters!

I say absolutely! I will disagree with "bringing humor". Hopefully humor will happen, but it should happen naturally.

Roy

By all means, please do a live report. Tales of all your adventures will be appreciated. :)

Have fun!

Thanks for the nice comments.

I was a little afraid I'd get slammed for 'telling people what to do'. :eek:

I mean, who am I to tell people to enjoy themselves? :D :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree!! Been on a few cruises and enjoyed each one of them. Just off the Oosterdam 6/22 after land/sea tour of Alaska. Beautiful ship, great service, lovely cabin with balcony, great food, good entertainment, great time. What else could one ask for? Always amused at the "little things" some like to complain about. We're just grateful we get to travel, and cruising is the way we like to go the best! :)

Really excellent points, and well put. :)

On the other hand, we've found that our house plants do really well if we water them every time there's a smoking thread started and fertilize them when there's a dress code thread is begun.

Edited by POA1

Thanks for the nice comments.

I was a little afraid I'd get slammed for 'telling people what to do'. :eek:

I mean, who am I to tell people to enjoy themselves? :D :rolleyes:

I think it is necessary once in a while. I do wonder why we focus so much on negatives rather than the positives. If we are on a cruise ship, we are luckier than many people who struggle daily just to survive.

I don't cruise often, but when I do I try to remember my good fortune. Last cruise was in an inside cabin, category NN. Can't get lower than that, but we had an absolutely fantastic time. We met a lot of fun people, had plenty of time to relax, ate well and enjoyed our time in all the ports. I don't remember how long it took the toilet to flush or what we had for dinner, but I do remember enjoying the company of my dinner companions.

Thanks for reminding us.

Debbie

I say absolutely! I will disagree with "bringing humor". Hopefully humor will happen, but it should happen naturally.

Roy

Well "bringing humor" would just be highlighting natural ongoings so no problems there. :)

We'll be in Amsterdam a few days, Rotterdam, etc. I'm sure between our flight over on United and me trying to ride a bicycle while waving my American flag it'll be interesting.

Well said, Sail!! I agree completely. I've often thought lately how much I miss the joy and excitement about cruising that was so much a part of Cruise Critic when I first started on these boards. We do not get to cruise often, and whenever I read some nit picky negative report, I want to say "At least you were cruising!!!"