BOGOHO sale again?......

After reading through this thread, I decided to take a shot at two previously booked cruises - March 8, 2015 and March 6 2016 FOS (D2 cabin)

Saved $592 on the 2015 cruise (from $3,549 to $2,957)

and $555 on the 2016 cruise (from $2,357 to $1,802)

$1,147 savings :D

Yipppeee at last someone has posted they saved some money with this offer :D

Congrats on your savings :D

Checked the prices for our cruises that we repriced right at the start of the last BOGOHO sale and no surprise that they are significantly more even with the new BOGOHO sale.

Our March enchantment cruise is up by $275pp in the JS and $115pp for the inside. Allure for 2016 is up over $500pp

This new sale is just bringing prices back down to close to normal I have not seen any great deals this time.

To me this seems like RCI is trying to raise the average price by keeping prices artificially inflated and then running this BOGOHO sale that is going to attract a lot of new cruisers who actually believe that they are getting a great deal.

I think that this will make it much more difficult for many of us to find and lock in on prices in advance and that the price drops will now not happen until after final payment.

To me this seems like RCI is trying to raise the average price by keeping prices artificially inflated and then running this BOGOHO sale that is going to attract a lot of new cruisers who actually believe that they are getting a great deal.

I think this is exactly what they want. To get new cruisers hooked. And they don't have to give them any perks, like they do with those in the upper tier status. Unless they book a suite.

Gwen :)

Yipppeee at last someone has posted they saved some money with this offer :D

Congrats on your savings :D

They must of done something wrong :-)

Aft Cabins Rule

Probably:) I checked a total of five previously booked cruises. These were the only two that weren't already BOGOHO bookings. On the other three, two stayed the same (both 3-night EN), and one went up (NYE2015 on BR), so savings are probably very hit or miss.

Just a newbie posting the savings we just received today....

With the first BOGO, ( we booked in June) Southern Carribeen in March 2015

Ocean view for 2 adults / 2 kids : $3658.00 ( H )

I ended up booking 2 connecting rooms instead to get a better deal with the BOGO and more room.

So the 2 ocean view rooms ended up being $3986.00, which I thought was pretty good...

With the kids sail free, same category ( H) and back to one room .... $2803.00!!!!

Over $800 savings ( for the one room to one room comparison)

With our new booking,( I will miss the extra room ), but we will save over $1100 Works for us!

ETA: ocean view was cheaper then the interior rooms....

Edited by son3cruisers

I ended up booking 2 connecting rooms instead to get a better deal with the BOGO and more room.

So the 2 ocean view rooms ended up being $3986.00, which I thought was pretty good...

With the kids sail free, same category ( H) and back to one room .... $2803.00!!!!

With our new booking,( I will miss the extra room ), but we will save over $1100 Works for us!

Encouraging that someone is getting some savings.:)

I just priced our exact same cruise in the Oasis for 8/1/15 that I booked several weeks ago under BOGOHO - it is coming up again as half off the second passenger. Only difference is the price per person is WAY more. Current total price is $1545 higher for 3 of us in a JS.

That's what I'm seeing as well. The BOGOHO is definitely there, but the Cruise Fare price is higher than it was when it was on the first time. Therefore, even with today's BOGOHO "sale", I still came out cheaper with my original booking that I did the day after the last BOGOHO ended July 15th.

I know companies do this...jack up the prices, THEN put it "on sale" so that people think they are getting a good deal. But they have to know that a lot of people watch these rates in great detail, so I don't understand why they do it.

I know companies do this...jack up the prices, THEN put it "on sale" so that people think they are getting a good deal. But they have to know that a lot of people watch these rates in great detail, so I don't understand why they do it.

No they don't -the majority of most sailings are first time cruisers. It's only folks on CC (a small minority of the cruising public) that really know what's going on. :cool:

"Encouraging that someone is getting some savings."

So for packing in 4 people into one stateroom, instead of having 2 separate rooms with 2 separate closets (instead of one for four people) and only one bathroom (for four people) you gave up an full double occupied ocean view at $1100 (about $50 per day per person for your kids)... whereas re-booking this for rwo separate cabins under new pricing is likely higher than before.

Bad deal imho. Can you change back? You can only compare savings by comparing apples to apples... re-price this cruise today with TWO connecting cabins and what price do you get? RCL wins here.... they stack one cabin and free up another to sell at over $2000 instead of your kids for $1100.

I have to say, if you can handle 4 in one stateroom then $1100 is a ton of money so congrats to you :D

Got Bogoho price drop of $59 on navigator 2015 cruise that I booked just yesterday. Total drop was $89 but the insurance went up $30 on the first passenger. (it's an inside double)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checking out to 2015 for our usual end of August cruise on Freedom, the prices now for a double occupancy BOGOHO in a balcony, the prices are about what they were when they opened the end of this year up to the BOGOHO sale in early June. Now, I booked at that price. It was a bit down from the usual price and I needed either adjoining or connecting cabins for my kids. Mom was worried if we waited any longer we would not get them.

I knew better but caved. And of course, I was right. In early July, they put the sailing on the Tuesday sale, and our cabins dropped $250/pp. I told her...never again. I'm booking air early then sitting until about 6 weeks out when they drop the prices down and I'll find us cabins.

So apples to apples, I'm not seeing a significant increase or decrease from the exact same sailing in 2014, same category, same sale.

My 3 kids will be in their own interior room so I was comparing which was the better deal BOHGO or 3/4th Sails Free. When I tried the balcony room jumped to $2008 pp and the interior room was $1421 PP.

Yesterday's price for the cruise was $4128

BOHGO price $3940

3/4th Free $6312

"Encouraging that someone is getting some savings."

So for packing in 4 people into one stateroom, instead of having 2 separate rooms with 2 separate closets (instead of one for four people) and only one bathroom (for four people) you gave up an full double occupied ocean view at $1100 (about $50 per day per person for your kids)... whereas re-booking this for rwo separate cabins under new pricing is likely higher than before.

Bad deal imho. Can you change back? You can only compare savings by comparing apples to apples... re-price this cruise today with TWO connecting cabins and what price do you get? RCL wins here.... they stack one cabin and free up another to sell at over $2000 instead of your kids for $1100.

I have to say, if you can handle 4 in one stateroom then $1100 is a ton of money so congrats to you :D

I checked the price for 2 ocean view rooms, with 2 in each room...

(Our original booking) and it's the same price as we booked in June. No savings, as it's the same sale. This sailing did not increase in price.

Where I saved money was the kids free... For 4 in one room previously,( with only one person eligible for the BOGO) in June was over $3600. Now it's $2803. Apples to apples I save around $800.

yes, I agree we usually sail with 2 rooms, ( with a different cruiseline) but we are all about the excursions in port, spend very little time in the room.

I will just keep reminding myself of the money I saved, and deal with the lack of space.:) We don't watch TV...and my hubby and I shower in the gym. I'm happy, I'm on a cruise!

Edited by son3cruisers

I checked the price for 2 ocean view rooms, with 2 in each room...

(Our original booking) and it's the same price as we booked in June. No savings, as it's the same sale. This sailing did not increase in price.

Where I saved money was the kids free... For 4 in one room previously,( with only one person eligible for the BOGO) in June is was over $3600. Now it's $2803. Apples to apples I save around $800.

yes, I agree we usually sail with 2 rooms, ( with a different cruiseline) but we are all about the excursions in port, spend very little time in the room.

I will just keep reminding myself of the money I saved, and deal with the lack of space.:) I'm on a cruise!

Gotcha! :) My example is different so congrats to you for sure.

I'm on Legend next March Southern Caribbean. Are you on the same ship? We are 3 in a cabin, our price is up about $400 for same cabin... PLUS we are booked for MY time and have gratuities already in our invoice for final pricing. That's another $400+, so now it's up over $800 in total today compared to 2 months ago in real costs.

Got Bogoho price drop of $59 on navigator 2015 cruise that I booked just yesterday. Total drop was $89 but the insurance went up $30 on the first passenger. (it's an inside double)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't buy the insurance from RCCL. Go independently. You can use InsureMyTrip.com for comparisons and book what you need. ;)

I have a question. I have discounts (C&A and Residency). Would I lose them? In our case right now, our interior for 4 with discounts is 2056$ (w/o taxes) and without discounts it would be 2396$. With this sale, without discounts it is 2338$ w/o taxes. Should I call to make adjust from 2396$ to 2338$ (58$) and then they apply my discounts if I keep them? Also , I noticed that the taxes went up 84$ fot the 4 of us. Is it worth it? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Guylaine

Gotcha! :) My example is different so congrats to you for sure.

I'm on Legend next March Southern Caribbean. Are you on the same ship? We are 3 in a cabin, our price is up about $400 for same cabin... PLUS we are booked for MY time and have gratuities already in our invoice for final pricing. That's another $400+, so now it's up over $800 in total today compared to 2 months ago in real costs.

Ours is the 8 night on Independence.

Like I said, I am new to RC, so I'm learning as I go, and so appreciate others feedback, especially on pricing and how to score a deal! This cruise is so much cheaper then other March sailings we have done in the past. Like, almost $2000 cheaper! We have sailed 6 times with Disney, and just LOVE sailing with them. Their prices right now are over $5000, for a 7 night in March.Not going to happen. Plus this looks like such a great itinerary...Disney is only Eastern and Western....Kids are older now, so they want to try rock climbing and flow-rider.

We can only travel during school breaks, so it's always expensive for us.

Edited by son3cruisers

That's what I'm seeing as well. The BOGOHO is definitely there, but the Cruise Fare price is higher than it was when it was on the first time. Therefore, even with today's BOGOHO "sale", I still came out cheaper with my original booking that I did the day after the last BOGOHO ended July 15th.

As far as the comparison to the first BOGOHO (which ran May 1st - July 15th), it all depends on when you booked. I noticed that the prices were very low for the first three days or so, but started to climb around May 4th. I was able to get an OS on the Oasis for about the same price that a JS is currently going for. Hopefully we will see some fluctuation downward this time, but who knows.

Ours is the 8 night on Independence.

Like I said, I am new to RC, so I'm learning as I go, and so appreciate others feedback, especially on pricing and how to score a deal! This cruise is so much cheaper then other March sailings we have done in the past. Like, almost $2000 cheaper! We have sailed 6 times with Disney, and just LOVE sailing with them. Their prices right now are over $5000, for a 7 night in March.Not going to happen. Kids are older now, so they want to try rock climbing and flow-rider.

We can only travel during school breaks, so it's always expensive for us.

Your teens are going to kick butt on Indy :p

Indy is awesome and you're going to have a great time :D

I have a question. I have discounts (C&A and Residency). Would I lose them? In our case right now, our interior for 4 with discounts is 2056$ (w/o taxes) and without discounts it would be 2396$. With this sale, without discounts it is 2338$ w/o taxes. Should I call to make adjust from 2396$ to 2338$ (58$) and then they apply my discounts if I keep them? Also , I noticed that the taxes went up 84$ fot the 4 of us. Is it worth it? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Guylaine

It is possible to lose a perk or two if you rebook, but the price difference may be worth it. With my initial booking I had a $100 OBC and a bottle of champagne. When I rebooked it changed to a $25 OBC, but the price was $300 less, so it made sense to go with the new deal.

As far as the comparison to the first BOGOHO (which ran May 1st - July 15th), it all depends on when you booked. I noticed that the prices were very low for the first three days or so, but started to climb around May 4th. I was able to get an OS on the Oasis for about the same price that a JS is currently going for. Hopefully we will see some fluctuation downward this time, but who knows.

The prices have been Crazy. I've kept track since we booked in May and this is how erratic its been.

Allure of the Seas - Feb 7th Western B1 Boardwalk Balcony (3 of us) Canadian $'s quoted

May 19th - Canadian Residents Sale $2980

May 20th - BOGOHO Sale $3509

June 2nd - WOW/BOGOHO Sale $3509

June 6th - BOGOHO Sale $3528

July 16th - Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4115.76

July 25th -Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4339

July 29th - Some % off 1st & 2nd pax sale $3838

July 31st - Some % off 1st & 2nd pax sale $3884

Aug 1st - BOGOHO Sale $3774

This new BOGO sale is more expensive then the last one. The price on an Interior room is more expensive then the B1 Balcony we booked.

Edited by vacation_junkie

My TA e-mailed me back this morning and explained to me that the BOGO deal with kids sail free would not help us.

Our price is lower than what they are offering now for Oasis of the Seas in January 2015. She said the bogo would raise the 1st and 2nd passenger rate and we would wind up paying more even with our child being free.

We are still happy regardless because she thinks we got a great deal for 3 people in a ocean view connecting cabin on 9th deck including prepaid gratuity, insurance fees and taxes for under $3,000. My in-laws are in the connecting cabin next to us so it's all good!!!!! Will save a little money on the babysitting too. HAHAHA

We still saved money without BOGO.