El Cheapo Cruises Thread

What is OZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, "OZ" is the hint to where to find the deal. Google it with the word "cruising" and it should come up with a website that should detail some good deals.

Good luck!

Not sure why I get those RCI emails.. It might be I have answered yes to receiving deals from RCI on a post-cruise survey or i signed up one time when Ovation was announced as coming to Oz and needed to register to receive some deal? One other thing, I haven't checked if my C&A profile has an option to receive those emails...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Probably both....I get the same emails as well (which is a good thing!). Would have been some box I ticked somewhere along the line!!!

Edited by Fletch1

pretty good special from the 1st big online site

13th october 19 nights with the Explorer of the Sea from Hawaii to Sydney from $1799

This 19 night Fly, Cruise & Stay deal includes:

- One-way Economy Class airfare from Sydney to Honolulu

- 1 night stay in Waikiki

- 18 night cruise aboard Explorer of the Seas from Honolulu visiting Maui, Cross the International Dateline, Suva (2 days/ 1 night), Vila, Mystery Island, Noumea and Sydney

- All meals and entertainment onboard

- All taxes

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Only 20 cabins available! To book call our friendly and knowledgeable cruise consultants

Good deal!....unfortunately, we are in Europe at the time, otherwise would have thought seriously about it.

Edited by Fletch1

13th october 19 nights with the Explorer of the Sea from Hawaii to Sydney from $1799

- 18 night cruise aboard Explorer of the Seas from Honolulu visiting Maui, Cross the International Dateline, Suva (2 days/ 1 night), Vila, Mystery Island, Noumea and Sydney

- All taxes

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Only 20 cabins available! To book call our friendly and knowledgeable cruise consultants

\\

Look at the ports, they are the same as you get on most cruises from eastern ports in Oz, why would you bother to fly to Honolulu to go to the same places you can get from a home port?? ok lots of sea days which we love but can do these too from Oz.

\\

Look at the ports, they are the same as you get on most cruises from eastern ports in Oz, why would you bother to fly to Honolulu to go to the same places you can get from a home port?? ok lots of sea days which we love but can do these too from Oz.

lot of people like doing these cruise from Honolulu to Sydney or vice versa because they are popular

I thought the Explorer cruise was only Seattle to Sydney. Have they now cut it into segments?

That's interesting to see. Yes I have only seen it as a single voyage. Maybe sales have not been so good.

It opens up an interesting issue. Due to the PVSA law, people boarding in Seattle will not be able to disembark in Honolulu, so it's all the way to Sydney, or only getting on in Hawaii.

Could sales be so low, they are willing to sell cabins only from Hawaii, meaning they will be empty from Seattle??

We did a similar B2B on Rhapsody in 2014 - it was 2 separate voyages, but it started in Vancouver, which got around the issue, with almost everyone that boarded in Vancouver getting off in Honolulu and a whole new passenger group ('cept about 30 of us who did the previous voyage also:-) ) staying onto Sydney.

That's interesting to see. Yes I have only seen it as a single voyage. Maybe sales have not been so good.

It opens up an interesting issue. Due to the PVSA law, people boarding in Seattle will not be able to disembark in Honolulu, so it's all the way to Sydney, or only getting on in Hawaii.

Could sales be so low, they are willing to sell cabins only from Hawaii, meaning they will be empty from Seattle??

We did a similar B2B on Rhapsody in 2014 - it was 2 separate voyages, but it started in Vancouver, which got around the issue, with almost everyone that boarded in Vancouver getting off in Honolulu and a whole new passenger group ('cept about 30 of us who did the previous voyage also:-) ) staying onto Sydney.

It is interesting. There are a LOT (maybe 100's) of cabins left as of yesterday. My only guess they have only released the Honolulu to Sydney to a few oz TA's who are marketing it as an air, hotel cruise deal. It is not available anywhere I can see as cruise only. Have never encountered this before.

Edited by woodyren

- All taxes

Another point is WHY would you only do this "part" of the cruise when you can get the whole 24 nights from Seattle to Sydney plus flights to Seattle for $1864 from another cruise site. Thats an extra $65 for 6 nights.

Another point is WHY would you only do this "part" of the cruise when you can get the whole 24 nights from Seattle to Sydney plus flights to Seattle for $1864 from another cruise site. Thats an extra $65 for 6 nights.

Timing, destination preference.

Just like people paying the same price but getting on or off a few stops earlier or later on other cruises for a variety of reasons, this is expanding the market.

And as you point out they haven't substantially discounted the price much for the Hawaii leg compared to the Seattle leg (assuming prices are similar for flights, which I expect they are given current competition/pricing on US-AUS flights). Hence, they're not really losing by opening up the shorter sector, just increasing the market and promotional opportunities.

You make a good point about 6 extra nights for only $65. Yet I can see why many would still prefer to do this from HNL. There are no direct flights between Oz and Seattle which can be real annoying for people who don't like flying or are mobility impaired and have to transit through airports. The extra 6 days might also mean some people cannot get those extra days off work. Personally I am a big fan of sea days but about 7 in a row from HNL to Fiji is a bit much for me. If there was some other remote stop in between I would probably consider this myself as the Explorer is a lovely ship.

You make a good point about 6 extra nights for only $65. Yet I can see why many would still prefer to do this from HNL. There are no direct flights between Oz and Seattle which can be real annoying for people who don't like flying or are mobility impaired and have to transit through airports. The extra 6 days might also mean some people cannot get those extra days off work. Personally I am a big fan of sea days but about 7 in a row from HNL to Fiji is a bit much for me. If there was some other remote stop in between I would probably consider this myself as the Explorer is a lovely ship.

RC Explorer of the Seas - 8 Oct leaving Seattle.

They advertised this in the Sydney Sunday paper - about $2079 for oceanview - plus $200 US credit = and $499 for one way air fare to Seattle (Virgin - via LA - 7 Oct)

Given that I'm not working / contracted at the moment - it's quite tempting !

One would have to arrange a nights accomm in Seattle (arrive in LA / Seattle on the 7th) - pity the 'cheap' airfare couldn't allow another day or two !

Gets a few long stopovers in Maui and Suva.

thoughts ???

Here is a deal I have seen that includes the airfare, works out cheaper.

>>>RED HOT LAST MINUTE FLY CRUISE DEAL<<

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Fly/Cruise

8 Oct 16 - 24 nights - Seattle - Sydney

Interior twin share from $1864 pp, USD $100 onboard credit pp, including airfares

Oceanview twin share from $2122 pp, USD $100 onboard credit pp including airfares

Balcony twin share from $2563 pp, USD $100 onboard credit pp including airfares

Seattle > Honolulu > Lahaina > Suva > Port Vila > Mystery Island > Noumea > Sydney

***Depart Australia From Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane to any city in the USA upto 2 weeks before cruise departure

Includes all meals, entertainment and taxes, & flights.

Prices subject to change & availability

They advertised this in the Sydney Sunday paper - about $2079 for oceanview - plus $200 US credit = and $499 for one way air fare to Seattle (Virgin - via LA - 7 Oct)

One would have to arrange a nights accomm in Seattle (arrive in LA / Seattle on the 7th) - pity the 'cheap' airfare couldn't allow another day or two !

Gets a few long stopovers in Maui and Suva.

thoughts ???

shireboi, Just do it:eek: RAMADA Seatac Airport North have rooms for about $85US with free shuttle from the airport;)

Here is a deal I have seen that includes the airfare, works out cheaper.

>>>RED HOT LAST MINUTE FLY CRUISE DEAL<<

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Fly/Cruise

8 Oct 16 - 24 nights - Seattle - Sydney

Oceanview twin share from $2122 pp, USD $100 onboard credit pp including airfares

Includes all meals, entertainment and taxes, & flights.

Prices subject to change & availability

shireboi, Just do it:eek: RAMADA Seatac Airport North have rooms for about $85US with free shuttle from the airport;)

bugger i wish this site had PMs....... I'll just have to use google as my friend to find the above 'deal' :)

Gets a few long stopovers in Maui and Suva. thoughts ???

You can find some good last minute deals in the Sunday Papers..:):)

Getting incredibly low now.:eek:

I read on FB last night where a travel agent posted that there was still 80 inside cabins showing up as available for the Seattle to Sydney cruise and they advised the price should drop even further!!!

I read on FB last night where a travel agent posted that there was still 80 inside cabins showing up as available for the Seattle to Sydney cruise and they advised the price should drop even further!!!

I bet they will as well, still 8 weeks out so plenty of time for further drops.

we're thinking of doing a repositioning cruise from Singapore to Sydney in October....that would be Voyager OTS or Solstice.

would appreciate a heads-up if you find a good deal on offer.

thanks.

I think this is a good deal for the Sostice, one of my favourite ships

SYD - SINGAPORE.

Celebrity Solstice Australian Coast & Bali Cruise14 Nights DEPARTING : 0CT 8, 2016.

$1,360 AUD P/P INSIDE CABIN:)

Edited by ROSEBERRY