El Cheapo Cruises Thread

After advice, Never sailed RCI before but need to book a specific cruise . (Other family members are already booked on it )

11 nights 18 March 2018 Radiance of the Seas To New Zealand

Price i can get for a D1 Superior Balcony is $1871

I have checked a similar. Cruise leaving March 2017 and it seems to be sold out except for interior cabins ..usually I wait till much later and drink package inclusions on other cruise lines but it seems that Royal Caribbean may sell out on these cruises ? Is the above a reasonable (Not bargain like we normally get here ..but reasonable price ) or should I wait ?? I'm procrastinating [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The D1 on the Radiance are very nice cabins...we had a E2 and was heaps smaller than the D1..it's not just the fold out bed,the room is a lot bigger.

$1800 is a good price...NZ is a lottery with weather any time of the year.

Radiance is a very nice ship.

I think this cruise has been posted before, but I believe the prices have dropped again....

Explorer of the Seas

Seattle to Sydney - 24 Nights

8 October 2016

Inside - $1330 ($55.40 per day)

Oceanview - $1582 ($65.91 per day)

Balcony - $2011 ($83.79 per day)

On that great Oz website.

Edited by Fletch1

I think this cruise has been posted before, but I believe the prices have dropped again....

Explorer of the Seas

Seattle to Sydney - 24 Nights

8 October 2016

Inside - $1330 ($55.40 per day)

Oceanview - $1582 ($65.91 per day)

Balcony - $2011 ($83.79 per day)

On that great Oz website.

Great price! We paid that for an 8 night island cruise. Would be nice... if work didn't get in the way, but then again, that's a LOT of sea days...

It is getting cheaper and cheaper, think it might get down as low as $75 for a balcony before they are finished.

There are around 50 balconies still unsold and lots of insides and OV's (>100). Repos are harder to plan at the last minute and it is now only around 7 weeks till the sailing I think you might be right. I think there will be some crazy prices happening.

This cruise is way more expensive for our USA friends. $1850 USD for an inside. Still find it strange that I have never met or read about someone from the USA booking through an Aussie TA. It would be about half the price for them to do it that way.

The Explorer return Trans Pacific Syd-Seatte in April that we plan to take has almost no balconies available (but many, many insides and OV's) so unless a lot get handed back from TA's there might be no deals on balconies for us. We will happily book other cabins though and they seem to be selling very slowly.

Edited by woodyren

I think that is part of the problem, the itinerary is not what most people would prefer and as a result, they cannot sell the cabins.

And they priced it too greedy when it came out. Now they going to struggle to get people to fill it because of the airfares that have to be factored in.

Edited by icat2000

And they priced it too greedy when it came out. Now they going to struggle to get people to fill it because of the airfares that have to be factored in.

Yes, there is that too. The other thing is they will only attract the people who have nothing planned for that time and who can just drop everything and go.

I think that is part of the problem, the itinerary is not what most people would prefer and as a result, they cannot sell the cabins.

I agree. Poor planning. This is not a great itinerary for Australians, plus two lots of five sea days, plus $13.50US pppd tips and plus one way air fare. With a passenger capacity of 3835, it would have been smart to have lower fares from inception on a repositional cruise in October.

Just got email from RCI advertising it from AUD $75 per day, $200 obc and from $499 for flights booked via RCI... too bad i am not retired:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is getting there, if you want to grab a real bargain cruise grab the flights and wait another couple of weeks.

Just got email from RCI advertising it from AUD $75 per day, $200 obc and from $499 for flights booked via RCI... too bad i am not retired:)

Hi 888sydney. Could you please tell me how you manage to get emails from RCI re cruise deals? I have cruised many times with them, and never seem to get any emails with promos, same thing with celebrity, I assumed it was because we are from down under, but i see you are one of us.

Thanks

Not sure why I get those RCI emails.. It might be I have answered yes to receiving deals from RCI on a post-cruise survey or i signed up one time when Ovation was announced as coming to Oz and needed to register to receive some deal? One other thing, I haven't checked if my C&A profile has an option to receive those emails...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

pretty good special from the 1st big online site

13th october 19 nights with the Explorer of the Sea from Hawaii to Sydney from $1799

This 19 night Fly, Cruise & Stay deal includes:

- One-way Economy Class airfare from Sydney to Honolulu

- 1 night stay in Waikiki

- 18 night cruise aboard Explorer of the Seas from Honolulu visiting Maui, Cross the International Dateline, Suva (2 days/ 1 night), Vila, Mystery Island, Noumea and Sydney

- All meals and entertainment onboard

- All taxes

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Only 20 cabins available! To book call our friendly and knowledgeable cruise consultants

Edited by rkmw

pretty good special from the 1st big online site

13th october 19 nights with the Explorer of the Sea from Hawaii to Sydney from $1799

This 19 night Fly, Cruise & Stay deal includes:

- One-way Economy Class airfare from Sydney to Honolulu

- 1 night stay in Waikiki

- 18 night cruise aboard Explorer of the Seas from Honolulu visiting Maui, Cross the International Dateline, Suva (2 days/ 1 night), Vila, Mystery Island, Noumea and Sydney

- All meals and entertainment onboard

- All taxes

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Only 20 cabins available! To book call our friendly and knowledgeable cruise consultants

Not bad at all but again the itinerary is not the more popular one of going to Tahiti.

Edited by MicCanberra

I agree. Poor planning. This is not a great itinerary for Australians, plus two lots of five sea days, plus $13.50US pppd tips and plus one way air fare. With a passenger capacity of 3835, it would have been smart to have lower fares from inception on a repositional cruise in October.

But that is what they want..they want to re position the ship down here as quickly as possible so they can fill it up with with cruise hungry passengers who only want a short cruise and who are not bothered by the per day price.

People on long cruises dont spend or drink as much..:D