El Cheapo Cruises Thread

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

If you are trying to get to a certain status then the extra points would help.

I found it useful being Diamond on the Voyager of the Seas. The Diamond Lounge was a lot better than the café and we could easily get a seat in there.

Also boarding was a lot easier.

Edited by GCHAN

28 minutes ago, bvm49 said:

We always ordered a plate of prawns and salmon every afternoon!

Brian 

Unfortunately the once I ordered prawns they were delivered so early there was no way I would eat them. The ice was melted and The prawns warm to the touch.

Edited by GUT2407

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Unfortunately the once I ordered prawns they were delivered so early there was no way I would eat them. The ice was melted and The prawns warm to the touch.

Too risky. You would then have to get rid of them fairly promptly, either via room service or your room steward.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Too risky. You would then have to get rid of them fairly promptly, either via room service or your room steward.

That’s why I never ordered them again, they were ordered for 4:00 and when we went back to our cabin about 2:30 already there and seemed to have been out for a fair time, no way I was eating them, or ordering them again, usually just got a plate of dried fruit and nuts, nibbles on the balcony while getting ready for dinner.

Talking of canapes, the Princess canapes are not fit for a dog, awful things, Elites can get them delivered complimentary on Formal evenings, tried them once, Yuk.  We do 2nd sitting dinner on Princess, so for pre dinner snacks with a vino I bring some cheese and stuff back from the buffet at lunch and put them in ye olde cabin fridge.

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Salmonella poisoning disaster then.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Talking of canapes, the Princess canapes are not fit for a dog, awful things, Elites can get them delivered complimentary on Formal evenings, tried them once, Yuk.  We do 2nd sitting dinner on Princess, so for pre dinner snacks with a vino I bring some cheese and stuff back from the buffet at lunch and put them in ye olde cabin fridge.

I take a couple of plastic containers with lids to keep the cheese and salami in the fridge. Although some cabin fridges are not too good. Sometimes we refer to them as the cool box. An ice bucket full of ice helps a bit.

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I take a couple of plastic containers with lids to keep the cheese and salami in the fridge. Although some cabin fridges are not too good. Sometimes we refer to them as the cool box. An ice bucket full of ice helps a bit.

I agree the cabin fridges do not keep the contents very cold.  Have to have a couple of buckets of ice a day to keep the adult beverages cold.   The plastic boxes are a good idea, thank you. Will take a couple on Majestic in Feb, don't want the salami stinking out the fridge. 

We generally take the sealable plastic bags with us so as I can store my GF crackers in them, either take the crackers from home or sometimes on the ships they give me a big box of them, then I pack them into the bags ant take one into the MDR for ye olde cheese plate as I am not really into desserts, except perhaps for some ice cream.

Edited by NSWP

31 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We use zip lock bags. And first thing we ask Stewart for is a bucket of ice in the “fridge”.

4 hours ago, GCHAN said:

I found it useful being Diamond on the Voyager of the Seas. The Diamond Lounge was a lot better than the café and we could easily get a seat in there.

Also boarding was a lot easier.

Definitely nice in the Diamond lounge.

3 hours ago, bvm49 said:

We always ordered a plate of prawns and salmon every afternoon!

Brian 

We ate them if delivered when in the room, if delivered while we were out, we wouldn't touch them and told the Steward that we didn't want anything left if we were out.

Just wanted to let you know that I got my first Royal Up from RCI. Not sure I've had a win though. Had an inside Virtual Balcony on Deck 10 of Voyager and have now been 'upgraded' to an Oceanview on Deck 2. Hmmm! I guess at $150 pp for 14 days I should be smiling.

9 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Last minute deals are out for  Solstice , 20 Nov  2019 , 12 nts Sydney to Ak, 

The last minute deal following from Auk to Sydney was good also.  Couldn't get any family members interested.

Specials are always good around this time of year. 

• 2 weeks later...