New and different itineraries from San Diego

DAllenTCY

I was just looking into the 2015 sailings and I found some interesting ones that you may not be aware of yet.

San Diego to Boston on April 17th (Veendam)....San Diego to Sydney (Noordam) on October 3rd...and several San Diego roundtrips to the South Pacific on the Amsterdam in the fall before the World Cruise.

Of course things may change, and they often do, but I thought I would share this with you.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

The Amsterdam has always done a FALL " Grand" cruise into Asia /Australia/NZ - various itineraries - from the West Coast in Fall; They are WONDERFUL [ we've done 4 -we're retired] and they've been WONDERFUL. These are usually at least 70 days. If you EVER have the time/$$$ for these -they are WONDERFUL!!!!

Anne in Colorado

I was just looking into the 2015 sailings and I found some interesting ones that you may not be aware of yet.

San Diego to Boston on April 17th (Veendam)....San Diego to Sydney (Noordam) on October 3rd...and several San Diego roundtrips to the South Pacific on the Amsterdam in the fall before the World Cruise.

Of course things may change, and they often do, but I thought I would share this with you.

David

Interesting.

How many days is the San Diego to Boston?

Thanks.

Do you have any info on 2015 Pacific coastals/repos? They are not showing on the website as of this morning, only the remaining 2014s. TIA.

Some of us on our roll call are also waiting for the 2015 Pacific Coastals to become available. Some of us not very patiently. I'm taking deep breaths and eating lots of apple pie. ;)

We live in the Northern part of CA, but it would be very tempting to hop down to San Diego and avoid a long international flight - I would like to keep my eyes on this topic if all of you experienced West Coast cruisers don't mind my listening in and asking questions? Plus it would be nice to meet some of you on one of these cruises!

We live in the Northern part of CA, but it would be very tempting to hop down to San Diego and avoid a long international flight...

If you haven't sailed from San Diego before, I would consider it. If you fly down, the airport is so close to the pier that you can often see your ship from the tarmac. Amtrak is also nearby. Much easier connections than sailing out of LA (San Pedro), or SF for that matter, unless you can drive to the pier.

If you haven't sailed from San Diego before, I would consider it. If you fly down, the airport is so close to the pier that you can often see your ship from the tarmac. Amtrak is also nearby. Much easier connections than sailing out of LA (San Pedro), or SF for that matter, unless you can drive to the pier.

If it's the pier I'm thinking of, if one would trip getting off the amtrak car, you just might roll onto the gangway.

Glad to hear there will be more variety. Hope some are short enough as I still am working ( and for several more years). San Diego is close by and I'm itching to get back on a dam ship.

I wish HAL would bring back the 21 and 22 day Pan American cruises -- round trip from San Diego.

Me too. The one we went on went down the Coast of Mexico, Central America, in and out of the Canal, and then Equador and then back up the coast doing different ports in Central America and Mexico. IT was fabulous. Since we don't like flying much anymore, these were great itineraries for us.

We loved the Quebec City to San Diego itinerary (about 28 days) which combined a Canada/NE cruise with some Florida, Caribbean, full transit Panama Canal, and a few Central American ports. Would definitely do this again in the future.

Hank

The Amsterdam has always done a FALL " Grand" cruise into Asia /Australia/NZ - various itineraries - from the West Coast in Fall; They are WONDERFUL [ we've done 4 -we're retired] and they've been WONDERFUL. These are usually at least 70 days. If you EVER have the time/$$$ for these -they are WONDERFUL!!!!

Anne in Colorado

Not in 2015. The 2014 is said to be the last of the PanAsian Grand voyages. I was really upset as this was going to be my first Grand Voyage but I couldn't do it until 2017. I am hoping they change their mind and bring it back.

So yes, the info is correct. The Amsterdam will be running pacific cruises out of San Diego in 2015 instead of the Grand Voyage from September to December.

Living in San Diego I too am waiting for the coastal trips. I would love to see more cruises out of here.

I guess you need to start lobbying your Congress folks and Senators to change the federal laws (PVSA) which restrict the ability of any cruise line to do coastal itineraries. We have the same issue here on the East Coast where cruise lines could offer amazing itineraries if it was not for the PVSA restrictions. Congress, in their infinite wisdom, seems to think that its wise to encourage cruise ships to go to foreign ports rather then stay in the USA.

California has also done a lot to discourage cruise ships...such as imposing their own low sulphur fuel rules which have helped drive ships away from their ports. This will be less of an issue in the future since similar federal rules are going to impact on all US Ports.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner