Aqua Spa Cafe

Chooz2Cruz

Haven't seen anything lately on this.....Are the cooked to order salmon and Tuna back at the cafe? I had heard awhile back that it was gone, but then I thought I saw that they brought it back. Anyone have any recent knowledge on this? Specifically M class? This has always been our go-to for lunch, fresh, clean and healthy!

Edited by Chooz2Cruz

I don't know how recent you want, but we were on Solstice in May and they had two hot entrees each day that you had to order. They repeated every 3 days as far as I could see. They are not the large servings they used to have but I thought the Salmon Miso was delicious, as was the Arctic Char. The third day it was a spicy pork mixture served on lettuce. Quite good too. I forget what the second one was each day as I think it was vegetarian and I didn't pay attention. You could always order 2 if you think they are too small for you.

I recall two of the "special" dishes served on our Infinity cruise this year....the deviled eggs and the ground pork on a lettuce leaf. Let me expand on those because they were both memorable.

The deviled eggs took about 15 minutes to appear. When the 3 half eggs arrived, the yolk had a hard brownish crust on it clearly indicating that the eggs were not specially made for me.....more likely they were made hours before...or perhaps on day 1 for the entire cruise (not likely). Taste was good, but waiting 15 minutes for something to be taken out of a refrigerator (hopefully) and put on a plate is a bit hard to accept...and deviled eggs as a "special lunch"??

The ground pork tasted a great deal like the pork served the previous night, but of course ground, and it was served on a very small piece of lettuce, impossible to pick up because the lettuce didn't even span the bottom of the ground pork. I believe they called it a roll up or similar which is almost funny because you can't roll up a tiny piece of lettuce around much of anything.

As you can tell, we are not fans of the new "improved" aqua spa cafe which we used to love. It's now fundamentally a salad bar but there is one person behind the counter who takes orders for "specials", serves the "specials" and serves you the salad as you select items. You can imagine how fast that line for salads moves. My suggestion is that you line up early. Did I mention that if you just want to order a "special", you have to wait in that same line.

This was not one of Celebrity's positive changes, at least IMHO.

Hopefully Celebrity is listening!!! I loved getting lunch from the Aqua Spa felt I was eating healthy. I remember getting yogurt with fruit in the morning for breakfast. I now heard you have to pay for this. Is that true? Hey Celebrity I think its less expensive then bacon and eggs.:eek:

When we went on Constellation TA last April, they had brought back the grilled chicken, salmon, tuna & pork. I thought they heard us, but when we got on Summit 2 months later in June, It was back to the poached salmon one day, Thai ground beef in lettuce wrap, and grilled shrimp. Back to the same old thing. I used to love the Aqua Spa Café, but it's off my list of places to eat lunch. Besides, they removed over 1/2 of the seating on the M-Class that you can't get a place to eat lunch because of the card/game players during lunch time.

I am not happy about not having the made to order Salmon and Tuna. Loved to be able to ask for it rare. paired that with a nice salad. So clean and healthy! We don't eat lunch otherwise. I do not eat pork at all. It has been our go to for years. As a matter of fact, we head there on embarkation day. Absolutely loved it the way it was. It sounds like we will not be having lunch on our upcoming cruise.

Hopefully Celebrity is listening!!! I loved getting lunch from the Aqua Spa felt I was eating healthy. I remember getting yogurt with fruit in the morning for breakfast. I now heard you have to pay for this. Is that true? Hey Celebrity I think its less expensive then bacon and eggs.:eek:

Just got off the Eclipse 2 weeks ago. They were charging $6.50 for the yoghurt parfaits ( never bought one myself). I did see poached fruit at breakfast that was free of charge. Hot dishes had also changed and not worth the wait.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

This is a bad cut back. The food used to be so good and creative. Now like someone said it is a glorified salad bar and at least 1/3 of the counter space is devoted to the ripoff yogurt

Parfaits. We always went for lunch and breakfast. Now it's so bad don't know why they even bother. Should just close it down.

We sailed the Solstice two weeks ago. The Aqua Spa café had a posted menu of cooked to order items plus a good selection of premade healthy salads and yogurts. We chose the cooked to order salmon. It took less than 10 minutes for the preparation and was done "fresh" - very moist, not overdone, served on a bed of sprouts.

We sailed the Solstice two weeks ago. The Aqua Spa café had a posted menu of cooked to order items plus a good selection of premade healthy salads and yogurts. We chose the cooked to order salmon. It took less than 10 minutes for the preparation and was done "fresh" - very moist, not overdone, served on a bed of sprouts.

Was the cooked to order salmon available everyday? If so did they have other cooked to order items, chicken? Pork? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a bad cut back. The food used to be so good and creative. Now like someone said it is a glorified salad bar and at least 1/3 of the counter space is devoted to the ripoff yogurt

Parfaits. We always went for lunch and breakfast. Now it's so bad don't know why they even bother. Should just close it down.

I have an awful feeling that the cutbacks in grilled to order items and increase in chargeable items may be part of a plan to lessen the popularity and then remove the AQ Cafe altogether. Certainly the changes are not aimed at increasing the popularity of it.

Was the cooked to order salmon available everyday? If so did they have other cooked to order items, chicken? Pork? Thanks.

Yes, I too, would like to know if the made to order salmon, tuna, etc are available every day, or just as a "special" of the day? I liked the nice clean fish grilled. I have heard of the "miso" salmon, but I rather just the way they use to make it.

Having sailed on X ships for many years we remember the best things about the aqua Café& other Celebrity goodies :p.Now we don't bother:eek: .

Seems to us charging for that yogurt is just another means for profits . Certainly things cost more ;but , X also has substantially increased their cruise prices along the way . So now where does the cruise passenger benefit ? Even land trips are becoming more economically viable ;because we can control each cost;)

• 5 months later...

When on Connie in Nov/Dec, there was Salmon made to order each day, but no Tuna. Smoothies/Juices were on the Premium Drink Package, but the Yogurt "parfaits" at the cafe were not included. So had to get that in Blu, of you are in Aqua. No egg white omelettes, as they use to have a Spa Cafe, either.

We have dined in the ASC. It is does appear to be healthier but is it really? The portions are a little smaller and more limited but that is about it. All of the premade tuna salads, chicken salads have some sort of mayo type dressing, bread sticks that are full of calories and gluten, candied fruits, many types of salad dressings with only one being low cal, regular deserts, and etc. Smoothies are offered and were the big buzz word in healthy eating but what are they really putting into them? Are they loaded with sugar, or fructose?

Does Celebrity promote it as being a healthier alternative? Never seen anything claiming it to be. What does being called Aqua Spa Cafe mean other than it it is outside the spa? Just wondering if it isn't something that is perceived that way since it has Spa in the name or a healthy alterantive like Blu is supposed to be?

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Can you get egg white omelets at the buffet and/or the main dining room?

Thank you!

Definitely in the buffet at the made to order station. I'm 96% sure you can get them in the MDR too. They do a good job of cooking eggs to order in the buffet. I'm very picky about my over medium eggs and I've been happy with the results.

Reflection last week of January had cooked to order salmon each day.

Glad to hear it! I will try again at the end of March.

My DH and I were on the Equinox and tried the AQSC twice. We must have arrived late in the lunch hour. Never saw anything appetizing (for DH at least. I can always eat a salad.) I asked the staff about having salmon or chicken for the salads and he looked at me like I had two big eyes.:eek: :rolleyes: He just shook his head.

Haven't seen anything lately on this.....Are the cooked to order salmon and Tuna back at the cafe? I had heard awhile back that it was gone, but then I thought I saw that they brought it back. Anyone have any recent knowledge on this? Specifically M class? This has always been our go-to for lunch, fresh, clean and healthy!

We loved the Cafe in December on Equinox for breakfasts, fruit, etc. Did pass by occasionally during the day and enjoyed fresh fruit plates. Saw the yogurt parfaits for a charge, but don't remember seeing any other food that required payment.

Love Aqua Cafe! Hope it remains!

We loved the Cafe in December on Equinox for breakfasts, fruit, etc. Did pass by occasionally during the day and enjoyed fresh fruit plates. Saw the yogurt parfaits for a charge, but don't remember seeing any other food that required payment.

Love Aqua Cafe! Hope it remains!

They need to return the cafe to what it was. The cutback to what they have now is unacceptable. They also should not be charging for yogurt

Good morning.

Off the Infinity Feb 2.

The Aqua Spa was a sorry sight in addition to having little to no seating. The grilled to order salmon and chicken were Not available - I asked each day. As another poster noted, lots of gluten and candied fruit offerings which are not typically healthy offerings.

Contrast this with the QM2. My crossing in August included a healthy eating cafe with 4 kinds of cleansing juices, gluten free breads of all types and low sugar and dairy free. It was excellent and no charge. I enjoyed many cleansing juices each morning.

Guess it depends on philosophy but the extra charge mentality on Celebrity was thankfully absent on QM2.

I have always thought eating at the Aqua Spa while breathing chlorine fumes from the pool to be a bit odd.

These of course are trivial life issues in the scheme of things.

ABoatNerd