Why does Celebrity Have the WORST Entertainment on board?

Feelin' Nauti'

Different strokes for different folks. There's a vast difference between RCL and Celebrity and Carnival and NCL. 24 restaurants on some ships, icecapades shows on others, zip lining. Celebrity has it's own personality...

"worst" is in the eye of the beholder.....that's why you have choices....if you don't like what X offers go to a different line....we love X and would argue your point but that's really futile as we just have differing opinions....there is something for everyone in the cruising world!!:)

Why does Celebrity out of all the other cruise lines lack variety of live music performances' date=' game shows where pax can participate, activities near pool, guest star comedy acts, and unique and creative shows?[/b']

Give it a couple of years and it will be identical to Carnival, RCL and NCL.

For those who do not wish this type of ambiance, suggest to book CUNARD.

my first Celebrity cruise is still a matter of the future but on these boards there are lots of reviews stating that people liked the entertainment. So perhaps it is just not what fits to your personal taste?

Are you asking about Celebrity entertainment as compared to NCL, RCL, and Princess?

My choice for worst line for entertainment is HAL. Have you cruised on HAL?

We don't need entertainment, we want a quiet place to visit with bar service.

That's hard to find on Celebrity.

Penny

Edited by PinotBlanc

There's quite a bit of varied entertainment aside from the canned music and DJs.....just wish the level of musical talent could be elevated a bit...the cirque type shows are really great!

.it gets loud enough with activity poolside, and sometimes the louder it gets, the emptier the area becomes..,, Belly flop, hairy leg contest are not the Celebrity signature style...old or new! Those conjure up images of a frat party, booze cruise type vacation and most X cruisers seem disinterested in that ,,,

they also have game shows that are hilarious..without the need to take off your clothing.

if other lines are so great...not sure why many pax switch over and then want it to be like the cruise line they just left!. If they offer what someone prefers, why do they not stick with that experience?

Edited by hcat

The passenger-participation stuff passing as "entertainment" on some other lines is always painfully bad, in my opinion, so I don't mind X keeping it to a minimum. And the poolside stuff we've seen elsewhere is pretty awful as well, involving who has the hairiest chest, the biggest chest, the hairiest legs etc. Activities better suited to Spring Break.

We love what X offers in terms of live music, variety shows and fly-on entertainers.

Indeed, everyone has their own idea of what type of entertainment they seek. One of the things we like about Celebrity is the fact that we don't feel "pressured" to have fun. Activities exist and we can partake if that is our choice without the CD constantly announcing that we need to join in. We also have found the evening shows to be generally very good. If you want to see pathetic shows, cruise with CCL - and we're VIP with them. We take cruises to relax, enjoy our balcony, and enjoy good evening shows. Celebrity offers us that and more.

Why does Celebrity out of all the other cruise lines lack variety of live music performances' date=' game shows where pax can participate, activities near pool, guest star comedy acts, and unique and creative shows?[/b']

I am impressed! You have cruised on EVERY cruise line out there and have seen all the entertainment they all provide. I bow to your wealth of experience on entertainment. You must be absolutely right since you have seen them all. :D:)

One thing to consider - Celebrity is not Carnival. It is quite a bit more sophisticated, which means that the entertainment is more sophisticated as well. Unfortunately, on Celebrity some people will not find the crude or crass entertainment they are used to on some of the other lines.

Edited by fortinweb

One thing to consider - Celebrity is not Carnival. It is quite a bit more sophisticated, which means that the entertainment is more sophisticated as well. Unfortunately, on Celebrity some people will not find the crude or crass entertainment they are used to on some of the other lines.

Um, have you ever been to Liar's Club on a Celebrity ship? Every bit as "crass and crude" as anything I ever saw on Carnival. And no, I like that Celebrity has such activities but to elevate it to some place it is not is silly.

I am impressed! You have cruised on EVERY cruise line out there and have seen all the entertainment they all provide. I bow to your wealth of experience on entertainment. You must be absolutely right since you have seen them all. :D:)

Crude and crass? I haven't been on Carnival myself, but wonder what it is that's crude and crass. We found the entertainment on Celebrity quite good and like that in the main theatre on HAL as well. HAL's lounge entertainment is the weakest of any we've been on with NCL's the best in lounge talent. RCCL and NCL both have good stage entertainment. Some entertainment depends on the composition of the passengers...English speaking or not. I've found the entertainment on sailings from Med ports not as much to my liking as I do not like acrobats and magicians no matter how good they are. These do not depend on language and are probably cheaper acts...we just go to a lounge when they perform.

I only wish I cruised on EVERY line. :D

Entertainment is subjective.

It just would be nice if they offered more venue options to fill your days and/or nights whether you choose to or not.

I do have to apologize, Celebrity doesn't have the "worst" entertainment, it just lacks the amount on board.

I only wish I cruised on EVERY line. :D

Entertainment is subjective.

It just would be nice if they offered more venue options to fill your days and/or nights whether you choose to or not.

I do have to apologize' date=' Celebrity doesn't have the "worst" entertainment, it just lacks the amount on board. [/color']

Surely the entertainment is based on the clientele, not cruised as yet with Celebrity( first time next year) but given the loyalty they must be doing something right.

We quite like the amount of entertainment during the day, its low key, not rowdy, and suits us (I am 43) I like to join in with Zumba, and we have participated in pool volleyball etc. its enough but not over the top. The evening entertainment is excellent, especially the cirque style show.

Hmmm, not sure which ships you have been sailing but we have never felt this way, and we have done both M & S Ships.

There are the traditional nightly theatre shows... Singing, Dancing, Magicians etc. And on the S-Class Ships the aerobatic Cirque de Soleil type performances, as well as Late Night Comics (adult content) in the Celebrity Central venue.

And sometimes Celebrity does feature cruises with big name performers... You just have to know when those are sailing

During the Day and Early Evening... There are Musicians & Musical Performances at various venues... Classical Guitarist - String Quartet - Rock Band - Acapella Group - Singer Soloist etc.

Late Night Jazz in the Ensemble Lounge, or a Dance Band in the Rendezvous or Sky Lounges

Have also seen Themed Revue Shows that took place in the Atrium / Grand Foyer

As for Game Shows and the like...

I've seen the Newlywed / Anniversary Game - played Daily Trivia and gone to or participated in several of the Crew & You Events such as... Dancing with the Stripes - Liars Club - Officers vs Pax Water Polo Match - and the Iron Chef Cook Off

We have also been to an Under The Stars Party (Live Band, Dancing & Food) that happened at the Pool one night.

And on S-Class Ships Picnic in the Park (with live entertainment) as well as the Corning Glass Show (on select ships)

Honestly, I have never been bored... And have been impressed by the variety

Have found that for us, there has always been something happening pretty much around the clock wherever we happen to be onboard

Perhaps you need to read your issue of Celebrity Today more closely ???

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Both of our Celebrity Cruises we have felt this way. I can't say Worst because we don't attend much, but I will say lacking. There really wasn't much going on that we were interested in. On Princess there's usually something to look forward too each night. Doesn't really bother me, I'm happy in the martini bar, but we definitely noticed it

Hmmm, not sure which ships you have been sailing but we have never felt this way, and we have done both M & S Ships.

There are the traditional nightly theatre shows... Singing, Dancing, Magicians etc. And on the S-Class Ships the aerobatic Cirque de Soleil type performances, as well as Late Night Comics (adult content) in the Celebrity Central venue.

And sometimes Celebrity does feature cruises with big name performers... You just have to know when those are sailing

During the Day and Early Evening... There are Musicians & Musical Performances at various venues... Classical Guitarist - String Quartet - Rock Band - Acapella Group - Singer Soloist etc.

Late Night Jazz in the Ensemble Lounge, or a Dance Band in the Rendezvous or Sky Lounges

Have also seen Themed Revue Shows that took place in the Atrium / Grand Foyer

As for Game Shows and the like...

I've seen the Newlywed / Anniversary Game - played Daily Trivia and gone to or participated in several of the Crew & You Events such as... Dancing with the Stripes - Liars Club - Officers vs Pax Water Polo Match - and the Iron Chef Cook Off

We have also been to an Under The Stars Party (Live Band, Dancing & Food) that happened at the Pool one night.

And on S-Class Ships Picnic in the Park (with live entertainment) as well as the Corning Glass Show (on select ships)

Honestly, I have never been bored... And have been impressed by the variety

Have found that for us, there has always been something happening pretty much around the clock wherever we happen to be onboard

Perhaps you need to read your issue of Celebrity Today more closely ???

Cheers!

Some of that entertainment still exists but some is gone.

A Capella groups are gone. String quartets are gone. Pool parties are diminished. Less solo entertainment but it still exists. Party band at the pool replaced largely by DJ or no music. Trivia reduced on most sailings. Some of the is due to the cutbacks in the activity staff down to 2 plus the DJ.

Our last 2 sailings (April/May of this year) quite different from the past. Doesn't affect us much since we are long over the Newlywed Games, 70s nights, etc. but there are those that still enjoy it.

I disagree that it is the worst entertainment. Not everything is my cup of tea but I do enjoy the comedy shows. I could care less about game shows and certainly do not want tacky organized activities mucking up my enjoyment of the pool.

I am certain their budget does not allow for "unique and creative" shows due to space constraints for both seating in the theater, stage size, and crew needed. Due to passenger demographics changing with each cruise they have to come up with something that will appeal to the majority on the bulk of the sailings.

The activities on my cruise were always well attended so apparently you are in the minority. If you don't like the entertainment and cruise for that reason there are plenty of lines I am sure one of them has something to your liking.

We've sailed HAL three times (Eclipse coming this March) and, while the entertainment can be quite staid, we've found some of it quite good - for a cruise ship. We cruise because we love being at sea and the various ports we visit. If I want to see a great Broadway show, I'll go to Broadway (or its equivalent). If you don't like a particular show or type of show, go elsewhere on the ship. There is always something to do on a cruise. Even just sitting and watching the sea roll by....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you asking about Celebrity entertainment as compared to NCL, RCL, and Princess?

My choice for worst line for entertainment is HAL. Have you cruised on HAL?

We don't need entertainment, we want a quiet place to visit with bar service.

That's hard to find on Celebrity.

Penny

Totally agree w you. The entertainment on my last HAL cruise varied between horrible and awful with perhaps one or two mediocres interspersed. On 3 or 4 nights of the cruise, the entertainment in the main showroom as a movie. I do not do movies and these were ones that I would not do if I did go to movies.

HAL also had a guitar player in one of the lounges. He was the most boring uninteresting guitar player I have ever heard.

DON

Both of our Celebrity Cruises we have felt this way. I can't say Worst because we don't attend much, but I will say lacking. There really wasn't much going on that we were interested in. On Princess there's usually something to look forward too each night. Doesn't really bother me, I'm happy in the martini bar, but we definitely noticed it

We must cruise together.

:D

Martini Bar does it for me.

Do agree with Princess, they have several activities going on all at once... Hard to choose.