Great sale you got there RCI

So we're booked on the Indy for February and we've been watching the price that we have very closely because final payment time is coming. Yesterday marked the end of the BOGO sale so we thought it will be interesting to see if the price goes down. This morning we see that they have another sale - up to $1500 on board credit. For our room it would be $400 OBC. Hey, maybe we'll get something here!

Price on Friday for our room with 3 people $1905

Today with the $400 OBC, Care to guess the price? Drumroll please........

$2505. So if I want to get a $400OBC all I need to do is spend $500 extra.

You know, I really enjoy the RCI product but these last few months they've really turned me off. As far as I'm concerned its outright flimflammery (is that a word :) ) bordering on theft. To jack up prices by $500 and claim its a sale. Shame on you RCI. We're long time customers and I have to say I'm really starting to question if in future you deserve my business.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

As always time to wait for the price reductions after the sale..................

I can only hope they still happen.

RCI has shown this "sale" event too often lately ---- but I think more and more people as they compare prices realize it is just another gimmick.

Thanks for your post

Now I have to see how the sale affects our July cruise......

Sea Ya

I'm not in love with Royal's recent pricing policies, but I'd give it a day or two to see if prices come down. The last time the BOGOHO expired, everything we had instantly went up 33% and then some (not all) of the prices came down before the next so-called sale went into effect.

Its for new bookings only so why would one compare to OLD pricing. RCI has already stated publicly that the pricing will stay up for the future.

When BOGOHO first came out way back when it said new bookings only, yet RCL did NOT enforce that rule. Not sure about this new one.

Edited by molly361

New bookings - new deal. I took advantage of the BOGOHO

Me too, I booked Freedom while on Jewel and paid a lot less than the cruise I was on at the time. Now that the sale is over the price is up $900 over what I paid. It at least started out as a good sale.. I paid $1700 for 2 people in a D1 7 day on Freedom.

Me too, I booked Freedom while on Jewel and paid a lot less than the cruise I was on at the time. Now that the sale is over the price is up $900 over what I paid. It at least started out as a good sale.. I paid $1700 for 2 people in a D1 7 day on Freedom.

^^This^^ I also paid $1700 for 2 people in a D1 on Freedom when the BOGO sale first came out back in May. Now the price is up to $2700, BUT with $600 obc, bringing the price down to $2100. Yet the $2100 was yesterday's price, before this new sale. Really RCI?!

Things that make you go 'hmm'.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app

The pricing is really nuts. When I do a mock booking for 4, without signing on, I get a discount of $225 ($450) per for 3rd & 4th in a cabin. However, when I do another mock booking for 2 in a cabin I get OBC of $300 ($600) per. As a shareholder, I say--NUTS!

So we're booked on the Indy for February and we've been watching the price that we have very closely because final payment time is coming. Yesterday marked the end of the BOGO sale so we thought it will be interesting to see if the price goes down. This morning we see that they have another sale - up to $1500 on board credit. For our room it would be $400 OBC. Hey, maybe we'll get something here!

:

You know, I really enjoy the RCI product but these last few months they've really turned me off. As far as I'm concerned its outright flimflammery (is that a word :) ) bordering on theft. To jack up prices by $500 and claim its a sale. Shame on you RCI. We're long time customers and I have to say I'm really starting to question if in future you deserve my business.

At least you only have to pay $500 to get $400. For the one I have booked, I have to pay $950 to get $400! Ouch!:confused:

We are on Oasis for Christmas. Really expensive week for travel, but I know this. We are booked in Oceanview for 1400pp. Two cabins. I saw that balcony OV was reduced to same price we paid, so I upgraded with RCCL employee who barely spoke English. Messed up everything, and charged us a lot. Said we could only upgrade one cabin but not two at the sale price. In the meantime, they sold our original cabins. I was so angry. We are traveling with our adult kids, one of which will deploy in January, so spending time as a family is extra important. Suddenly, there were not two cabins together on the ship. We are near each other now, in our original category, but I'm not happy. If this cruise is not spectacular, we won't be back. We cruise a lot, but haven't been on Royal in a long time. Fingers crossed that it all works out great. Reading the posts on the board have scared me a little bit.

I never book a cruise for a price I don't feel good about. If by chance it goes down and I can take advantage of the reduction I do, but I don't book expecting I will eventually get a better price. The prices are all based on supply and demand. I don't look at the gimmicks or so called sales as either better or worse than some other sales. It all comes down to price per day per person. I will not complain about a price I paid because I booked it, I made the call or whatever. I focus on my vacation and let it go, if you don't want to pay the price find a better value and go for it.

We also booked on the first day of the BOGO in May. We paid $950 less than the current price, plus got $100 OBC, so really $1,050 less.

So, let me get this right, you got a good deal, anyone that buys now does not get as good a deal..and you are upset???

When you booked your cruise, did you discuss with the agent how upset you would be if the prices went up???

IMO, this is not really a valid assessment. These boards are frequented by a lot of people who've never cruised before, or never cruised with RCL (I was one of them once), and are looking for information to help them make a good decision. When someone with no experience sees a sale, they do one of two things: bite on the offer, or seek advice. I consider this thread an experiential exercise in sound advice freely offered. No more, no less.

Price on Friday for our room with 3 people $1905

Today with the $400 OBC, Care to guess the price? Drumroll please........

$2505. So if I want to get a $400OBC all I need to do is spend $500 extra.

The overall prices have gone up because the Bogoho sale has finished.

If the Bogoho sale finished and the total cost of the cruise remained unchanged then all those that booked under Bogoho sale would have a strong case for misreprentation.

Wow sales have pretty much only ever been OBC which is exactly what this latest offer is. You honestly can't expect a fare sale to finish and then complain the prices go up at the end of it. That really wouldn't make for a sale in the first place.

We all knew Bogoho would eventually end and the new fares reflect that. But a wow sale is not a fare sale it is more a booking incentive.

I repriced all my booked cruises and even with the obc's I would receive I have saved a LOT under the Bogoho sale:D. If I had repriced and I would save more by booking under a wow sale then I would have been upset.:rolleyes:

The three cruises I WAS looking at for 2015 have each gone up more than $300/pp.

Doing more homework! :mad:

Me too, checking into other cruise lines. In the past I always booked as soon as I could, not possible this year and the prices have really gone up. :eek::mad:

IMO, this is not really a valid assessment. These boards are frequented by a lot of people who've never cruised before, or never cruised with RCL (I was one of them once), and are looking for information to help them make a good decision. When someone with no experience sees a sale, they do one of two things: bite on the offer, or seek advice. I consider this thread an experiential exercise in sound advice freely offered. No more, no less.

Their signature states they have been on 16 cruises. I don't call that inexperienced.!

Their signature states they have been on 16 cruises. I don't call that inexperienced.!

You missed my point. Experienced cruisers on RCL know the games they play (and how to game the system). Inexperienced cruisers - those for whom these types of threads provide excellent experiential reference points - generally do not. :)

I know this OBC promo says new bookings, but I can't find anything in the fine print that says you can't cancel an existing booking and create a new booking for the same cruise. Do you think it's allowed? A January cruise I just booked yesterday is showing $400 OBC rather than the $166 BOGOHO discount.

~ Judy

I know this OBC promo says new bookings, but I can't find anything in the fine print that says you can't cancel an existing booking and create a new booking for the same cruise. Do you think it's allowed? A January cruise I just booked yesterday is showing $400 OBC rather than the $166 BOGOHO discount.

~ Judy

As Ellen mentioned earlier, the BOGOHO prices also had terms that restricted them to new bookings, but Royal allowed price drops on existing bookings. Bottom line is that no one knows yet. I'd call C&A today or tomorrow and see what they say. Please report back if you do.