RCCL sales? yeah right

PCWalton1

How do you know if your cruise is eligible for this promo? I am looking at an Allure cruise next fall and nothing indicates it is eligible or not. :confused:

All cruises are eligible, except those on Quantum and Anthem.

Thanks guys. I still don't see the obc showing up anywhere. I did a couple of mock bookings and one showed obc but the Allure cruise I really want doesn't show anything.

Has anyone successfully booked an Allure cruise with $600 obc for balconies yet?

Edited by mdwcruises

To me this almost verges on deceptive. If they keep a sale going, then nobody

who is booked can get a price reduction.

Also, it's really taking advantage of new cruisers, if you think about it.

I, too, am thankful we know about CC.

Cruzin Lady

Like other people have posted, it's a matter of supply and demand. On our last cruise, 2 interior staterooms received a few discounts by final payment, which resulted in a savings of $370 for each stateroom. The third couple had booked a balcony room. When they called about getting the same discount we were getting, all the balcony rooms were filled, so they were not offering any discounts to those who booked balcony staterooms.

On our upcoming cruise, 6 staterooms booked under the BOGO promotion which was offered through Oct 31. One couple didn!t book until Nov 1. Not only did they not get the BOGO promotion, the price increased by approximately $130 pp. Apparently the BOGO promotion really filled the ship.

Cruzin Lady

That is their intention and their business model just like most companies. Car dealerships put price stickers on car for all the unknowing customers in hopes they will pay what that sticker says and will drive away happy but ignorant of how low they could have paid. Even those with car buying experience may not get the best price but when they negotiate they too drive away happy.

Raising the prices then giving OBC that can only be used on board their ships is a brilliant move. It not only lures that new customer in, it costs them less than discounting the price as that new customer will either use the OBC on the already heavily marked up products on board or best case not even use all of the OBC.

Thanks guys. I still don't see the obc showing up anywhere. I did a couple of mock bookings and one showed obc but the Allure cruise I really want doesn't show anything.

Has anyone successfully booked an Allure cruise with $600 obc for balconies yet?

Not sure if this is what's happening, but if I'm logged in and call up a balcony cabin, I get the balcony discount but no OBC, and if I'm logged out I get the OBC, with no way to see any C&A discounts.

My understanding is that with this new sale, you can't get both. Unfortunately, there's no way to see both when you're logged in so you can make a choice.

Not sure if this is what's happening, but if I'm logged in and call up a balcony cabin, I get the balcony discount but no OBC, and if I'm logged out I get the OBC, with no way to see any C&A discounts.

My understanding is that with this new sale, you can't get both. Unfortunately, there's no way to see both when you're logged in so you can make a choice.

Correct. It's not combinable. One or the other.

It also appears that if your entitled to a balcony discount that their making the choice for you.

Cruzin Lady

There is no sale going on that I know of giving discounts off of prices. There is only a promo giving obc if you book a cruise

MY Cruise for the Adventure of the Seas D3 Balconey Cabin I booked while onboard last May , was 2010$ for two. that was like 1005$ a person, now its over 3600$ for two I know right now you get a bit more of a OBC but this is crazy. Glad I booked early, who in their right mind would pay that rip off price

I see on the Royal website the new promo is huge amounts of OBC. I was curious how much of a deal it really was so I did a mock booking on the Radiance Alaska cruise for June 12 in an E2 balcony. Under the guidance of the sale, that cabin type would be eligible for $1000 OBC.

The price of that E2 cabin today is $2804 but looking up the pricing history on another site I found the price of that same cabin two days ago was $2102.

So if my wife and I wanted to receive $1000 OBC all we would have to do is dish out $1404 more than we would have two days ago. Such a deal.:rolleyes:

Of course what Royal is banking on are the thousands of new or current customers that don't bother or know how to research what they have done and willingly dish out the extra to get that OBC "deal". And they will find many of those people as they are in the cruise news with the roll out of Quantum this week.

They will probably not get any of you reading this to take advantage of this deal but that is not their intended audience for this sale anyway.

When you priced up it sounds like Bogoho sale was still on. There were never going to offer obc of this size with Bogoho sale.

BOGOHO finished and as such prices went up. Otherwise it makes a mockery of BOgoho sale:rolleyes: this is a wow sale, and they are normally OBC incentives rather than a fare sale. I don't expect fare sale in near future following the length of time BOgoho sale was on otherwise there would be a constant fare sale, which wouldn't really make it a sale would it;)

I see on the Royal website the new promo is huge amounts of OBC. I was curious how much of a deal it really was so I did a mock booking on the Radiance Alaska cruise for June 12 in an E2 balcony. Under the guidance of the sale, that cabin type would be eligible for $1000 OBC.

The price of that E2 cabin today is $2804 but looking up the pricing history on another site I found the price of that same cabin two days ago was $2102.

So if my wife and I wanted to receive $1000 OBC all we would have to do is dish out $1404 more than we would have two days ago. Such a deal.:rolleyes:

Of course what Royal is banking on are the thousands of new or current customers that don't bother or know how to research what they have done and willingly dish out the extra to get that OBC "deal". And they will find many of those people as they are in the cruise news with the roll out of Quantum this week.

They will probably not get any of you reading this to take advantage of this deal but that is not their intended audience for this sale anyway.

Where do you go online to look at the pricing history for a particular sailing?

It also appears that if your entitled to a balcony discount that their making the choice for you.

Yep! Just booked thinking it was the WOW Sale. Had to put a courtesy hold on the cruise cuz' the wife needed to make sure she could get the time off. When I called to finalize, I was told I was given the 'best available price' on the Weekend Sale and not the WOW Sale even though I followed the links through the WOW Sale. I guess I was logged in through C&A. They said I could still choose the WOW with the OBC but I would lose my balcony discount and the price of the cruise would go up. The only reason I tried was because I had the same cruise booked but needed to move the date. When I saw the OBC I said "WOW!" In the end, I stuck with C&A discount because when it all added up, that was the best deal and it was less than my original booking. Silly me thinking I was gonna' make out like a bandit. :rolleyes::D

Where do you go online to look at the pricing history for a particular sailing?

If you go 'fishing' there is a website about 'cruises' that keeps track of prices. I can't mention it on here without getting in trouble but you can Google for it.

It's pretty sad when you can't wait for a sale to be OVER.

Now I'm waiting until November 16th to see what happens price wise:p

I have only been tracking prices on Royal ships since 2010 but when there is no sale has actually been the best time for pricing. Most of the price drops I have seen are during those lulls.

I actually called RCI about an existing reservation. I have a resident's rate on my cruise. So, I asked what the price would be if I booked under this new OBC "promotion". Instead of my cruise being $2,532 for 2 people(my current price), it would be $5,400, but I get $700 OBC.

Really...

I asked the rep if that sounded right. She said - this promotion is likely not geared towards Crown & Anchor members.

Royal is clearly going after the first timer's crowd. NCL just had (maybe still does?) a very similar offer. They too jacked the prices, and offer OBC.

But, I am happy with the $1266($Canadian) pp rate for a 8 day cruise in an E1 aft... So I am not complaining.. it's just that I can't find myself getting excited over Royal's new offerings.

Have been watching my booked cruise on the Serenade today, thinking about an upgrade. The price on a balcony cabin(D1/D2) has changed 3 times since 5AM this morning. I know its getting close to sailing(33 days) but this is crazy.

I actually called RCI about an existing reservation. I have a resident's rate on my cruise. So, I asked what the price would be if I booked under this new OBC "promotion". Instead of my cruise being $2,532 for 2 people(my current price), it would be $5,400, but I get $700 OBC.

Really...

I asked the rep if that sounded right.

She said - this promotion is likely not geared towards Crown & Anchor members.
Royal is clearly going after the first timer's crowd. NCL just had (maybe still does?) a very similar offer. They too jacked the prices, and offer OBC.

But, I am happy with the $1266($Canadian) pp rate for a 8 day cruise in an E1 aft... So I am not complaining.. it's just that I can't find myself getting excited over Royal's new offerings.

That's an understatement. :rolleyes: