Quantum Failure!

M.S JAZO

What a horror story! I hope the OP gets just compensation for enduring that fiasco....

I really am opposed to this practice of putting the seapass/key outside the cabin. Even if someone enters my cabin, and does no damage, or takes anything....just knowing that they were there, makes me feel like I was "violated".....

I think I have a compromise solution for this problem...Return to the practice of issuing the seapass in the terminal, but keep the new practice of having passenger's take and download their photo's online in advance.

That would speed up the terminal check-in process somewhat, and maintain security and allow instant onboard spending, etc...

My thoughts too. It's almost like these people are making these signficant changes and are not at all familiar with being a passenger on a cruise ship.

Sad to say you are right from our experiences with RCL mgmt.!

You only see them on the inaugural cruise of a new ship, then they disappear!;)

You are more fortunate than we are. They never charge us for mini-bar items while we're still on the ship. Our erroneous charge always comes as a higher than expected SeaPass charge on the credit card.

This happens to us from time to time. Last time my husband just paid it and never told me. Normally I call RCI from home and have the charge removed. This must do wonders for revenue if some of us let this slide from time to time. It all adds up.

This happens to us from time to time. Last time my husband just paid it and never told me. Normally I call RCI from home and have the charge removed. This must do wonders for revenue if some of us let this slide from time to time. It all adds up.

I agree. The last time was recently on Enchantment, and the bar guy came by as we were leaving the stateroom and asked if we had used anything out of the bar. We said no, and he marked something on his sheet. We still got charged for the bar on the CC bill.

Edited by clarea

The Sea Pass card (only one, no bracelets) is in a sealed envelope that has to be opened with a pull tab. The envelope has a message saying if this has been opened or tampered with in any way, go to Guest Services. It would be very evident that someone had opened it.

Your other card and bracelets are in your stateroom. One problem with the bracelet is that no name is on the bracelet....when my husband signed the waiver for I Fly, he had my bracelet....lucky for him I was right there and we could switch bracelets.

Yes, someone could open the envelope, go in the room and take the cards and bracelets. They could also take any wine, etc., that may have been ordered for you. However, it is impossible to open the envelope and try to reclose it, without it being very evident that it has been opened. Once you reach your room, you would know the envelope had been tampered with and you would go to Guest Services (another problem, I realize). HOWEVER, there are cameras everywhere, so not much chance of getting away with your goods!

If you don't go to your room and get your SeaPass card immediately upon boarding, you can use your Set Sail pass to buy drinks in any bar......so no one has to go thirsty:D

The mini bar was locked, so don't know how anyone could steal anything from that.

The OP has a valid gripe and I hope it gets addressed to his satisfaction.

Edited by billsgal

From all I'm reading, I'm not happy about the seapass card being outside the door. This to me is a security breach and hope that Royal will change how the seapass card is given to passengers.

It absolutely is a security breach. Amazed that this is an allowed procedure!

Yes. Ask your room steward and he will have it emptied. We do it all the time.

When did this policy change? It is bar staff that is in charge of the mini bar and the room stewards cannot empty it. I just take the things out and store them somewhere else.

However, it is impossible to open the envelope and try to reclose it, without it being very evident that it has been opened. Once you reach your room, you would know the envelope had been tampered with and you would go to Guest Services (another problem, I realize).

With the RFID SeaPass card you don't need to open the envelope - just put the unopened envelope by the door knob and voila -open door. ;)

When did this policy change? It is bar staff that is in charge of the mini bar and the room stewards cannot empty it. I just take the things out and store them somewhere else.

Note. I didn't say that the room steward would empty it. I said that he would have it emptied. You are right that it is the bar staff who handle alcohol. I work with my room steward for my requests and then show my appreciation appropriately.

The policy change has been in the other direction. While they used to happily inform Mini-bar inventory staff to remove the items, they have resisted this on recent sailings this past year on Vision, Liberty, Oasis and Legend and asked that I store it in a place that is easily visible when inventory control is done.

I place a post-it note that I have done this in/on the mini-fridge and then return everything prior to departure. I am sure they would remove them if I really insisted, but I have chosen to just follow their request.

The policy change has been in the other direction. While they used to happily inform Mini-bar inventory staff to remove the items, they have resisted this on recent sailings this past year on Vision, Liberty, Oasis and Legend and asked that I store it in a place that is easily visible when inventory control is done.

I place a post-it note that I have done this in/on the mini-fridge and then return everything prior to departure. I am sure they would remove them if I really insisted, but I have chosen to just follow their request.

Had to leave it in the room as well, for them to know where it all is......haven't had anyone remove the mini bar contents in years! If we asked in the past, we found it under the bed in a bag. Now it seems they want to see it? I leave a note on the bar as well, saying empty for the dates of our B2B.

Not happy as well about the sea pass card on the door......perhaps we need to write C&A when booked on Quantum to let them know. They may not read our comments on CC.:D

If I was a solo woman in the cabin, I would want someone to check my cabin first......:eek:

We booked Anthem but for 2016, hoping by then any problems are all sorted out.

Edited by CVU

With the RFID SeaPass card you don't need to open the envelope - just put the unopened envelope by the door knob and voila -open door. ;)

And the use of the RFID card is registered in the system and time stamped to co-ordinate with the many cameras in each zone of the ship that all are equipped with facial recognition software connected to the system that registers all guests, staff, crew and visitors to the ship.

With the current technology the information can even be stored remotely both onboard and shore-side in case of any incident or security issue.

"Horror story" as someone has posted, is a bit of a stretch, but maybe they will compensate you justly. . . something comparable to a 2 day cruise.

My thoughts exactly although I do get a kick out of the melodrama from some. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the use of the RFID card is registered in the system and time stamped to co-ordinate with the many cameras in each zone of the ship that all are equipped with facial recognition software connected to the system that registers all guests, staff, crew and visitors to the ship.

With the current technology the information can even be stored remotely both onboard and shore-side in case of any incident or security issue.

Except when it isnt working.

When at Guest Services on 11/2 sailing..I overheard a guest saying that the photo showing up when his sea pass was scanned was not his.

When the person at GS checked ...hmm..he was correct...the photo showing was a female and their skin colour was different.

I am guessing their facial recognition software had a bit of a glitch that day :eek:

When at Guest Services on 11/2 sailing..I overheard a guest saying that the photo showing up when his sea pass was scanned was not his.

When the person at GS checked ...hmm..he was correct...the photo showing was a female and their skin colour was different.

I am guessing their facial recognition software had a bit of a glitch that day :eek:

That is, of course, now a serious security breach that I would be more concerned about than RFID cards on the door. But, the entire incident becomes traceable back to who transposed the photos and the incident can be dealt with.

I am sure that any change of photo after check-in generates a report to shipboard investigators, that then need to file an incident report.

They were checking photos of everyone who boarded the ship. That indicates that the individual you are mentioning made it past a specific security check at the port. That can now be traced and the individual dealt with.

RCI's IT not working properly? How do people dream up such ridiculous notions?:eek:;):D

Not sure about that one mmmm let me think about it.

Enough to say we were on the 2 day out of Southampton before the trans and we just stood back and watched.

We could have predicted most of the things written about on CC since then but did they ask us seasoned cruises about what we thought about what was happening ...did they heck as like.