Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

While I agree with that, I just think it's nuts for people to have so much hatred for something they haven't tried. Same for people who LOVE it so much without trying it.

I don't need to burn myself & wind up in the hospital to know the stove is hot!

I don't need to see the wind to feel it!

I don't need to get ebola to know I don't want it!

I don't need to have someone steal all my belongings/money to know that it would suck!

Trying DD isn't comparable. It's just not even in the same ballpark.

I was *convinced* that I would hate cruising. I'd heard about it from family, co-workers, seen TV shows about it, etc. I was sure I would hate it. I didn't need to try it because I KNEW I would hate it.

I tried it and realized I was stupid to discount something that I hadn't tried.

I was sort of making a joke. I guess the :eek: and :D didn't quite put the thought across.

While on the Freedom the week of Dec 7th, the Captain told guess that the 24 day drydock also included the transforming of the main dinning room into dynamic dinning by installing flooring between the three. In nov the corporate office inform Freedom that this would not take place and dinning would remain the same. I think Royal can read the handwriting on the wall.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

I am on the first cruise on Oasis that was scheduled for DD in March. I'm actually disappointed to not be trying it! My reservation still shows DD, and I am supposedly able to start making the reservations as of Jan 1. We shall see.... I enjoy traditional MDR and rotational Dining....I was looking forward to a new experience.

After 10 days on Quantum I was actually one who went into DD with concerns and found I enjoyed it.

First we were linked with another couple and had no issues with our reservations we booked way back.

I thought the food was better than what I have had in the main dining room at each of the comp venues of DD. Yes I could see where they needed to tweak a few things like having two lines for those with and those without reservations. I did see information that they have done that on the current Quantum sailing

My thoughts are they have listened to many of the comments from Quantum and are making sure they get this right on OASIS class.

The dining levels on OASIS have already been redocorated to reflect 3 of the restaurants on Quantum... SILK, Grande and American Icon. I hope we still see some of the menu items on OASIS later this year

While I agree with that, I just think it's nuts for people to have so much hatred for something they haven't tried. Same for people who LOVE it so much without trying it.

I don't need to burn myself & wind up in the hospital to know the stove is hot!

I don't need to see the wind to feel it!

I don't need to get ebola to know I don't want it!

I don't need to have someone steal all my belongings/money to know that it would suck!

Trying DD isn't comparable. It's just not even in the same ballpark.

I was *convinced* that I would hate cruising. I'd heard about it from family, co-workers, seen TV shows about it, etc. I was sure I would hate it. I didn't need to try it because I KNEW I would hate it.

I tried it and realized I was stupid to discount something that I hadn't tried.

How about us folks who have tried MTD on RCI and Freestyle on NCL and don't like it.

Is this really news? DD was never scheduled to begin on Oasis until March 2015 and Allure after the dry dock. I don't think this represents any change in plans.

Something has changed that made Royal change their website. Rather than saying DD was coming to Oasis March, it now says "later in the year".

Is this really news? DD was never scheduled to begin on Oasis until March 2015 and Allure after the dry dock. I don't think this represents any change in plans.

It actually does represent a large change in plans. Go on the website and you can see that they specifically made an announcement: "The scheduled introduction of dynamic dining on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas has been postponed until later in the year." There has to be a reason for this…

It's news to those sailing on the Oasis/Allure and wondering whether they will have DD or not.

Something has changed that made Royal change their website. Rather than saying DD was coming to Oasis March, it now says "later in the year".

I was just on the RCCL website and it specifically says (for Oasis) now scheduled to begin in LATE 2015.

The Next Era Of Dining At Sea

Welcome to Dynamic Dining - a new world of culinary exploration onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum class and coming in late 2015 to Oasis class. Its dining at sea reimagined – to give you more distinct options plus total flexibility to shape your own delectable journey. There are no set dining times, no required formal nights, no assigned seats. Instead, let your appetite be the guide, as tantalizing possibilities lay before you. See which dining venues are on your ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

I've got 2 Oasis cruises scheduled for early '16 and wondering if it will be postponed until it goes to China. Got an upcoming cruise on Quantum and approaching DD with an open mind. Now if they can straighten out the my entertainment reserves (dropped from my cruise planner) I'll be happy.

Does anyone have Michael Bayley e-mail address. Wrote to C&A regarding my problem and no answer.

Do you think that is a typo? Where is the option to view the complimentary options?

If you click on Dining Options and then click on Complementary dining, the Main Dining Room (with a full description) is about halfway down in the righthand column, and My TimeDining (with a full description) is about the same place in the next column over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I for one am not happy.:(

I loved the flexibility of DD on Quantum

And I was looking forward to it on both Anthem and Allure

I love having 32 choices for entrée for dinner instead of the boring same old same old limited choice MDR menus.

A lone voice amongst the complainers.

Not a lone voice - I am VERY disappointed to hear this I have cruises booked in Allure and June and October and Oasis in November and was really looking forward to trying DD for the same reasons as you enjoyed it - something different to the same old boring (and mainly bland) MDR menus. Hopefully they will introduce DD by the later cruises I'm taking.

Interesting to read the above posts about the 'bad' reviews. It seems you read what you want - as the reviews I've read have been anything other than bad ;)

Interesting too to hear a perspective from someone who's actually tried it and not from the many people who think they won't like it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

I've got 2 Oasis cruises scheduled for early '16 and wondering if it will be postponed until it goes to China. Got an upcoming cruise on Quantum and approaching DD with an open mind. Now if they can straighten out the my entertainment reserves (dropped from my cruise planner) I'll be happy.

Does anyone have Michael Bayley e-mail address. Wrote to C&A regarding my problem and no answer.

mbayley@rccl.com