Canadian cruisers!!

Has anyone stayed at Sleep Inn and Suites at Buffalo Airport? How secured is their parking lot? .. planning to book and use their park and fly option.TIA

We use Salvatore's Grand Hotel , the one with Russel's Steak house.

Worth every penny, awesome rooms, and food is very good.

Parking for upto 14 days is $25 and they provide a shuttle to and from BUF airport.

Has anyone stayed at Sleep Inn and Suites at Buffalo Airport? How secured is their parking lot? .. planning to book and use their park and fly option.TIA

You can see on Google Maps it has front of the hotel parking that isn't fenced in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=395452&d=1475521634

SleepInnBUF.jpg.140cf7d567985758299ef54259438ded.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 3 weeks later...
I'm leaving this Wednesday and will be crossing the US Border on my brother in law's van, will I have any issues??? (his kids will be travelling with me though).

FWIW I saw an episode of a order Security that they gave someone a hard time in someone else's vehicle. Just to be safe I would bring a letter from him giving you permission, you'll need one for the kids anyway.

FWIW I saw an episode of a order Security that they gave someone a hard time in someone else's vehicle. Just to be safe I would bring a letter from him giving you permission, you'll need one for the kids anyway.

Looks like i'm gonna take your advice about the car, just don't know if they want it notarized, and speaking of which I do have a (ship specific)notarized letter to take the kids to the cruise out of FLL, but right now i'm not so sure anymore if that would be enough to let me cross the kids to the border.

Thanks a lot Ken!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Out of curiosity, has anyone called to see what their exchange rate is pegged at?

Its a little discouraging looking at TD's website and seeing $1.365...

I read a post yesterday that it's 1.32 through royal. They may have adjusted already but that's as of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

I read a post yesterday that it's 1.32 through royal. They may have adjusted already but that's as of yesterday.

The 1.32 I think is referring to what they are using to convert US pricing for restaurants, Internet and drink packages. That rate has in the past always been different that the rate that you will get quoted for buying OBC. The last report I saw for OBC was $1.40

The 1.32 I think is referring to what they are using to convert US pricing for restaurants, Internet and drink packages. That rate has in the past always been different that the rate that you will get quoted for buying OBC. The last report I saw for OBC was $1.40

Oh wow. Didn't know that. Interesting! I have an amazon visa that is pegged to visas daily rate, ends up lower than banks most often than not.

I just got a Marriott visa card that has no foreign exchange percentage tacked on. Every bit counts.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

And it comes with enough welcome points that we were able to use it for 3 nights accommodations And we also get a free nights stay annually. That free night that we are redeeming for a $200-$250 US hotel room makes paying the $120 CDN annual fee worthwhile. Both DW and I have the card.

And it comes with enough welcome points that we were able to use it for 3 nights accommodations And we also get a free nights stay annually. That free night that we are redeeming for a $200-$250 US hotel room makes paying the $120 CDN annual fee worthwhile. Both DW and I have the card.

Hmm that does sound nice. I'm going to have to look into that one. Is it canadian based?

Hmm that does sound nice. I'm going to have to look into that one. Is it canadian based?

Yes it is the chase marriott visa. Comes with 50,000 Marriott points which can also be converted to SPG as well. First year fee is free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may want the Marriott card for different reasons but the (free) Amazon card by Chase also does not charge the foreign exchange fee. We have that one and our main card is the BMO World Elite Master Card. I considered the Marriott Visa but since Costco now takes Master Card, and since I feel like 75% of my pay check is spent there, we felt it was wise to choose a Master Card to accumulate points.

dp

Edited by dpostman

You may want the Marriott card for different reasons but the (free) Amazon card by Chase also does not charge the foreign exchange fee. We have that one and our main card is the BMO World Elite Master Card. I considered the Marriott Visa but since Costco now takes Master Card, and since I feel like 75% of my pay check is spent there, we felt it was wise to choose a Master Card to accumulate points.

dp

I agree with you. We only have the mariott card for the free hotel nights and that is the only time it is ever used. We each have another credit card that offers better "points" rewards.

Fellow Canadians, I won't talk politics but I would be remiss not to mention that you should keep a close eye on the US dollar after yesterday's elections outcome.

CBC has been reporting that there are market concerns and the Canadian Immigration web page crashed last night at 10pm. I don't know if there will be a spike drop today, if it might slowly decline, or if change will happen once the president elect takes power but keep an eye on the dollar. I firmly believe it will be cheaper to buy even if only for a week or two, by how much and when I have no idea.