Canadian cruisers!!

Sucky deal lol.. No interviews available for 5 people back to back for my family so we had to book all the way out at end of December and we will have to drive down to the thousand Island location from Ottawa

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Sucky deal lol.. No interviews available for 5 people back to back for my family so we had to book all the way out at end of December and we will have to drive down to the thousand Island location from Ottawa

Wouldn't Ottawa airport work better for you? :confused:

We travelled there from just outside of Toronto in order to get an interview a month and a half sooner. I really hope that you booked on line. The two agents working gave us such a hard time for applying by mail just so we could pay in CDN$ and save some money. Apparently it creates a bit more work for them and they were not happy.

You might get lucky if you keep checking for open interview times on the web site (though 5 consecutive slots is a tall order). There are cancellations/reschedulings happening all the time. I didn't think this would be the case, but I when I received my conditional approval, I spent about 2 hours on a Friday morning, checking every 15 minutes for a convenient time for me that wasn't several weeks away at a nearby enrolment centre. My patience paid off and I got a time slot that was on the Monday afternoon following that same Friday.

We did ours in Edmonton and could not get 4 appointments together - not even 2 together. My husband's was the first and when he went for his interview he mentioned it. They told him that because the kids were underage we should all come together and that we all should have just went with him at his interview:confused:

My appt was the next week so they said for me to bring the kids with me and my husband should attend as well or write a letter giving his consent. We all went and they processed us on my appointment.

I don't know why they don't allow for this on the website! It is not a family friendly system.

If you can call someone to ask it might save you the trouble of multiple trips.

Hi,

I understand that they have Global Entry at Port Everglades now. Does anyone know if a Canadian with a Nexus card can use it or is it just Americans?

If you enrolled into Global Entry when you obtained your NEXUS membership (by opting in and providing your fingerprints), then yes, you have GE privilege at any point of entry offering that (e.g. Port Everglades, U.S. pre-clearance at select Canadian airports, GE upon arrival at select U.S. airports, etc.).

Great for Canadians because it's basically free to get GE with the $50 NEXUS membership, but U.S. citizens have to pay quite a bit more to enroll in GE - $100 application fee.

I do not have a us address to deliver to. I live close to the border also. I'll be in Niagara on Wednesday. Do you have any suggestions. And a huge thank you for your reply.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

I am not personally vouching for any of these services (I haven't used any of them before), but there are companies such as Kinek, Shipito, CBI USA, Viabox, etc. that give you a U.S. mailing address for shipping to. They will either forward the package to you or you go pick up your item from their warehouse location near the border. Fees and policies vary, so please do your homework.

Don't forget that U.S. Thanksgiving is on Thursday. That may affect shipping times due to volume, or their pickup hours on Wednesday, etc. Good luck!

We have used Kinek in Detroit as well as Detroit Mailbox which is another similar business. With Kinek you use their address plus a suite number that's assigned to you. They charge by the package; used to be $4 but that may have changed. They have places in most US border cities and are reliable in my experience. The one here ended up moving farther away from the border so we switched. If you find the providers near where you'll be and google them you can usually find some reviews . Good luck.

Edited by goodml

I do not have a us address to deliver to. I live close to the border also. I'll be in Niagara on Wednesday. Do you have any suggestions. And a huge thank you for your reply.

Amazon is also rolling out Lockers, check to see if they have one in the city you'll be in.

Help!! Does anyone know how I can purchase something from amazon.com. I want to order the Amazon dot but it's not available in Canada. And I'm having an awfully hard time ordering online for pick up. Any advice?

I use Amazon.ca and have no problems for delivery to Toronto.

A lot of UPS stores will receive packages for you and you pay a small fee per day until pickup. They provide you the address and you have to make sure your name and phone number is in the ship to field so they can call you when it arrives. There is one in Buffalo on Transit road that I have used often.

Hi,

I understand that they have Global Entry at Port Everglades now. Does anyone know if a Canadian with a Nexus card can use it or is it just Americans?

Do they actually "have" Global Entry? Last new years I was told they had it, but they didn't really. They were accepting Global Entry/Nexus as a way to bypass the line, but then we had to use our passports because they weren't actually using Global Entry.

Do they actually "have" Global Entry? Last new years I was told they had it, but they didn't really. They were accepting Global Entry/Nexus as a way to bypass the line, but then we had to use our passports because they weren't actually using Global Entry.

That is the way it was done last March. They did not have the readers and we had to use our passports but we still had a much shorter dedicated line that we had to show our Nexus cards to use.

Hi,

They now have Mobile Passport in Port Everglades. Download the App to your phone, sign up before you go, then just an answer the 6 questions up to 4 hours before your entry to US customs.

I just it last week on Harmony, worked great, much, much shorter line at debarkation.

They also have a Nexus line, my sister used that, similar line timeframes.

Has anyone stayed pre cruise in Johor Malaysia then crossed the border to catch a cruise in Singapore? Sorry, really don't know where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might want to try posting this on the roll call for your cruise. I have sailed out of Singapore, and that is where we stayed pre cruise. You might need a visa for Malaysia, and also the traffic at the border can be pretty bad at rush hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to try posting this on the roll call for your cruise. I have sailed out of Singapore, and that is where we stayed pre cruise. You might need a visa for Malaysia, and also the traffic at the border can be pretty bad at rush hours.

Thanks i might have to do that, seems like there's a lot of bases to cover. and Visa for Canadians huh? I found the hotel prices at Johor feasible hence, i asked. If you can recall, how far is the airport to the pier? like Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks i might have to do that, seems like there's a lot of bases to cover. and Visa for Canadians huh? I found the hotel prices at Johor feasible hence, i asked. If you can recall, how far is the airport to the pier? like Ft. Lauderdale?

From the airport to the pier depends on the time of day and the amount of traffic. There's no shortage of vehicular traffic in Singapore. We stayed at the holiday. Inn express Clarke

Quay, as it was quite reasonable in price for Singapore. It was a ten minute cab ride to the cruise terminal.

Edited by willing292

From the airport to the pier depends on the time of day and the amount of traffic. There's no shortage of vehicular traffic in Singapore. We stayed at the holiday. Inn express Clarke

Quay, as it was quite reasonable in price for Singapore. It was a ten minute cab ride to the cruise terminal.

As luck would have it, there's no roll call yet, maybe it's too early. I was testing the prices, cheapest i can get is $336 per night w/ hhonors discount. If Holiday is at least 20% cheaper then i will take Johor out of the equation. They don't have a rail system from the airport like, Tokyo no?(assuming you've been there too)