Canadian cruisers!!

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know what is 'TSA Prechek" when I went to Orlando last December, and the security told me that Nexus isn't qualified, I guess that was because I didn't tell the airline staff about it when I check in, so didn't get it stamped on my boarding pass.

Regarding adding the 'Known Traveller Number', I've already booked my upcoming flight to FLL through Expedia, should I add my Nexus number to my Expedia profile, or have to do it through AC? And is the 'Pass ID' the first set of numbers only, or it includes the 2nd set of letters + numbers? Mine is something like 123456789 SC123.

When completing your online citizen/passport information for AC make sure you enter your nexus # under 'known traveller' - just the 1st 'row' of numbers... This should automatically provide you with a TSA pre check - where available/applicable in the U.S.

When you said Port Everglades, do you mean FLL airport or at the port when we check in with Royal? This gonna be my first cruise after getting Nexus.

Both. Was able to "expedite" my departure from Port Everglades via global entry line and also at FLL airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When completing your online citizen/passport information for AC make sure you enter your nexus # under 'known traveller' - just the 1st 'row' of numbers... This should automatically provide you with a TSA pre check - where available/applicable in the U.S.

Our Nexus expires June 2017. Any idea how far in advance we should apply for renewal? Haven't checked as yet, but is it a fairly easy process? Hopefully don't need to go back to the airport as we don't live close by any longer.:confused:

Our Nexus expires June 2017. Any idea how far in advance we should apply for renewal? Haven't checked as yet, but is it a fairly easy process? Hopefully don't need to go back to the airport as we don't live close by any longer.:confused:

The CBSA recommends 3 months and as long as things haven't changed most people are not required to attend an interview for renewal.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/new-nouvel-eng.html

The CBSA recommends 3 months and as long as things haven't changed most people are not required to attend an interview for renewal.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/new-nouvel-eng.html

Thanks for the link!:)

Interesting though . . . "Please note: online applications are processed in U.S. currency only. Applications submitted by paper may be processed in either U.S. or Canadian currency."

What's that all about. I'm all for doing it online, but with the current exchange rate, the $50 U.S. will be approx. $67.50 Cdn. using a regular credit card:eek: Will probably use a U.S. Visa.

Thanks for the link!:)

Interesting though . . . "Please note: online applications are processed in U.S. currency only. Applications submitted by paper may be processed in either U.S. or Canadian currency."

What's that all about. I'm all for doing it online, but with the current exchange rate, the $50 U.S. will be approx. $67.50 Cdn. using a regular credit card:eek: Will probably use a U.S. Visa.

It's been like that since we applied.

We actually mailed ours in so that we could pay in CDN. Apparently this causes some extra work for the US customs agent who was less than happy about having to enter the extra information into the computer. Maybe he was having a bad day but he sure took it out on us for applying by mail vs online.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We renewed in Aug 2015 via the GOES portal. Took about three weeks to get the email saying our application status had changed and about a week longer for the card to arrive. Didn't have to go for an interview and I was a bit surprised they didn't want to take a new picture cuz I definitely look 5 years older lol. Very simple process.

We got such a fantastic price from our TA on a balcony that no matter what sale comes up, nothing comes close. I keep checking though.;)

Same here! :) The current price for one person is more than we paid for two of us in an aft balcony! I still check but I very much doubt we'll find a lower price.

We got such a fantastic price from our TA on a balcony that no matter what sale comes up, nothing comes close. I keep checking though.;)

How did you do it with your TA, I checked with them on the last sale and 3 three people never heard of getting better deal after you booked. They thought I was nuts and one TA actually said the cruise critic isn't that good for accurate

info

How did you do it with your TA, I checked with them on the last sale and 3 three people never heard of getting better deal after you booked. They thought I was nuts and one TA actually said the cruise critic isn't that good for accurate

info

lots of TA's will book under a group rate when the sailing is first offered. We have one of those cabins booked for the first sailing of the Oasis out of Port Canaveral. There is no way we could ever get a better price no matter what the sale however we have two more booked for October 2017 that are not booked under the group discounts and we have had the price lowered three times now. Not lots, maybe $30/$40 each time but it all adds up.

If your TA's have never heard of a price reduction then they either always book cabins under group rates or you need to run from them as quickly as possible.

As to the cruise critic comment, sometimes I think they may be right but getting helpful hints like this thread gives makes up for any bad information I may read. I should add this is a first cruise for us with RCCL so I am taking it in as I go along. Between onboard credits and price drops, this thread has probably saved me a thousand. :D

Hey all,

I'm on a cruise next year RT out of Seattle with a stop in Victoria before going back to Seattle. Does anyone know if we have to go through customs and declare how much we've bought while outside the country? Does it not count because we're in transit in Victoria? Does it only matter if we get off the ship (I'd like to get off the ship because I have friends in Victoria)?

Just trying to figure it out as I will be buying some souvenirs and will likely get some duty free booze from the airport in Seattle.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Hey all,

I'm on a cruise next year RT out of Seattle with a stop in Victoria before going back to Seattle. Does anyone know if we have to go through customs and declare how much we've bought while outside the country? Does it not count because we're in transit in Victoria? Does it only matter if we get off the ship (I'd like to get off the ship because I have friends in Victoria)?

Just trying to figure it out as I will be buying some souvenirs and will likely get some duty free booze from the airport in Seattle.

Thanks in advance for any information.

While you do not go through customs and declare your purchases from the US in Victoia you have reentered Canada then leave again to go back to Seattle. So when you get off the ship and return to Canada you have only been out of the country for less than 24 hrs It can get tricky declaring purchases in the US if the officer at customs gets particular about this. We have done several cruises out of Seattle with a stop in Victoria and have never had an issue when we declare our purchases including duty free alcohol at the border.

info

My TA's company had a block on several balcony cabins with RC, and I believe that's the reason for the exceptional pricing. I had never booked with her before but she'd always sent me emails. So, when I decided on the particular cruise, after doing Cruise Compete and checking with several other companies, I thought what the heck, I'll give her a call. While I was on the phone waiting, she kept asking me details--names, birth dates, what particular cabin I wanted, etc. I kept thinking, just get on with it and give me a price so I can keep on checking. It seems that she also couldn't believe the price and was putting a hold on a cabin for me. When she told me the price, I was astounded. On top of that I also got OBC and points on one of my airlines :eek:

Since then, I've booked a river cruise with her at a whopping $5,000+ saving over the actual river cruise line price and an additional $500 rebate on the final payment.

I'm a happy camper. I can't believe I can finally afford to go on a river cruise without breaking the piggy bank.:)