Canadian cruisers!!

How long after applying did you hear back about the next step?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I applied July 11 and received my email to schedule an appointment yesterday. It was a bit longer than I had thought it was going to be but I assume maybe that has to do with summer holidays.

I have an appointment for interview tomorrow. Lucky for me I live fairly close to the Thousands Islands because I was going to have to wait weeks to get into Toronto. The Lansdowne office (at the Thousand Island bridge) has lots of available appointment. I even checked Vancouver since I am there next week and there were only a couple of appointments available but they didn't work for me.

Thanks. I only applied 3 weeks ago so still gotta wait I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Application to b interview was a few weeks and interview to cards was 2 foe us. The total time from start to finish was under 2 months

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who replied - I'm happy to hear it doesn't seem like a long process after the interviews are done. I was worried it would take awhile and wanted them for our November trip.Sounds like it should work out for us.

We applied in March this year and didn't hear anything back for 2 months so we called. It was ready for the next step but no one had called us so they gave us our info over the phone so we could go online to book our interviews. We did that right away back in May but could not get interviews for 5 months in Edmonton - nothing until mid october:mad: We are a family of 4 and we couldn't get appointments together - not even 2 and 2 - we all have appointments on different days which mean 4 separate trips to the airport since our kids are minors:rolleyes: Good thing we are fairly close I guess.

Anyway, rant over.....thanks again for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the Cnd exchange rate is now listed in the cruise planner? Heres what mine says right now.

Onboard Credit

Today's Exchange Rate

Today's onboard credit exchange rate is listed below. This exchange rate can fluctuate until you make your first purchase using onboard credit. At that time, your exchange rate will be locked

$1.00 USD

1.31CAD

Its the little icon beside the cart icon.

Has anyone noticed that the Cnd exchange rate is now listed in the cruise planner? Heres what mine says right now.

Onboard Credit

Today's Exchange Rate

Today's onboard credit exchange rate is listed below. This exchange rate can fluctuate until you make your first purchase using onboard credit. At that time, your exchange rate will be locked

$1.00 USD

1.31CAD

Its the little icon beside the cart icon.[/quote

I'm Canadian and live in Canada. I booked my cruise in Canadian dollars. When I go to my cruise planner, the prices are only inCanadiandollars. I have no choice of currencies, and no exchange rate is shown.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by willing292

I'm Canadian and live in Canada. I booked my cruise in Canadian dollars. When I go to my cruise planner, the prices are only inCanadiandollars. I have no choice of currencies, and no exchange rate is shown.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not for the cruise fare or purchases made ahead of time but for purchases on board the ship that are in US$. This is basically allowing you to purchase US$ in advance for purchases on board.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Onboard Credit

Today's Exchange Rate

$1.00 USD

1.31CAD

Thanks I will check it out too!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Onboard Credit

Today's Exchange Rate

$1.00 USD

1.31CAD

I'm not seeing it on my March cruise.

Onboard Credit

Today's Exchange Rate

$1.00 USD

1.31CAD

I can not find this on my booking.

Last time, I had to call to purchase OBC for my booking.

I can not find this on my booking.

Last time, I had to call to purchase OBC for my booking.

Just to clarify, this is for a credit that RCCL has given me. They have given a $200 OCB that I can use and what this is telling me is that I can use this $200 for my purchases such as dinning or excursions. It is showing me $264 cnd and explaining how they came to that rate. I can use this $264 to make my purchases for dinning/excursions before I board, which you could not do before.

Its not a spot that you can actually purchase OBC, just the spot where it shows OBC and it is right on the cruise planner page.

Just to clarify, this is for a credit that RCCL has given me. They have given a $200 OCB that I can use and what this is telling me is that I can use this $200 for my purchases such as dinning or excursions. It is showing me $264 cnd and explaining how they came to that rate. I can use this $264 to make my purchases for dinning/excursions before I board, which you could not do before.

Its not a spot that you can actually purchase OBC, just the spot where it shows OBC and it is right on the cruise planner page.

Because of a price reduction, I was told I'd be given a $318 U.S OBC. I don't see it anywhere on my reservation/cruise planner. Sailing in December. Maybe later.:confused:

Because of a price reduction, I was told I'd be given a $318 U.S OBC. I don't see it anywhere on my reservation/cruise planner. Sailing in December. Maybe later.:confused:

The only place my OBC shows up is on my "Booking Confirmation" which RCI emailed to me. You could call and ask them to email it and you will likely see it on there.