Canadian cruisers!!

I called RCCL today to see how much a 100USD on board credit would cost. They said $140.00CAD. Not much of a bargain.

:mad: It's cheaper at the bank. TD is $137.50 CAD to purchase $100 USD.. Definitely no bargain!

Edited by hancogran

We are in Florida for the winter, so the dollar is really hurting us right now. Jack thought the CAD would strengthen because of the election, but not for now, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trump has the ability to put Canada into a recession and trash our dollar. If he follows through on his protectionist policies, and kills the TPP (likely) and ends NAFTA (not as likely) he will really hurt the Canadian economy.

I do not have high hopes of the Canadian dollar rising.

I think my winter vacation next year will be an AI and not a cruise.

Trump has the ability to put Canada into a recession and trash our dollar. If he follows through on his protectionist policies, and kills the TPP (likely) and ends NAFTA (not as likely) he will really hurt the Canadian economy.

I do not have high hopes of the Canadian dollar rising.

I think my winter vacation next year will be an AI and not a cruise.

We always HOPE it will improve, but so far that hope is not coming to fruition. I really don't know what all affects the dollar, but your points make total sense. Jack's thinking was that Trump's decisions would weaken the USD which would cause ours to strengthen, but I can see how that probably won't happen.

We have a cruise in April, but it may be our last. [emoji53] We love cruises, but they are $$$. We've never done an AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been slowly switching. Only over. 20 bucks here, 20 bucks there... Doesn't seem as bad that way!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

I plan to do that for my next cruise which is next October. Every little bit helps and definitely adds up! I plan to start in December and aim to have $600 by cruise time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Virtopia

I think the Trump effect will be opposite, as he will kill the American economy, shut out foreign oil and enable the Keystone pipeline. That would pretty much put our dollar at par or better. (Doesn't anyone remember the Bush years and our dollar going above par).

Also, the peso has drop so much that vactioning in Mexico is going to be very inexpensive.

Edited by csnarpy

I think the Trump effect will be opposite, as he will kill the American economy, shut out foreign oil and enable the Keystone pipeline. That would pretty much put our dollar at par or better. (Doesn't anyone remember the Bush years and our dollar going above par).

Also, the peso has drop so much that vactioning in Mexico is going to be very inexpensive.

+1 I'd say our currency is majority impacted by oil. It's a catch-22 though. Cheaper vacations but much more expensive commute as gas goes up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

You don't have to go back as far as bush in 2007/2008. It had a good run from 2010 to 2013.

4 years ago...the good old days.:)

http://www.canadianforex.ca/forex-tools/historical-rate-tools/yearly-average-rates