Can I keep the menus as souvenir?

dfwguy

I am a collector of menus. My collection is primarily from various airlines. May I take the daily menu from the MDR home for my collection? We travel on the Coral Princess this Spring. Any one else have experience with this? Thank you .

Edited by dfwguy

I am a collector of menus. My collection is primarily from various airlines. May I take the daily menu from the MDR home for my collection? We travel on the Coral Princess this Spring. Any one else have experience with this? Thank you .

You can always ask... the worst they can say is "no". Talk to the head waiter and explain that you're a collector. That might have some sway...

While it has been years since I have done this, I also asked the Head Waiter and he delivered them to my table on the last night of the cruise.

My mom has some menus from the 80's from her Sun Princess cruise and they have water color pictures on the front - very beautiful!

Edited by Coral

I am a collector as well.I asked on the Emerald recently and they said the couldn't give me the menus.I was really disappointed.

I guess it's like everything else on Princess. Sometimes you can do a thing and sometimes you can't. It all depends on the personnel there at the time.

And probably how many copies they have left. I suspect under a code red they may go thru quite a bit.

I guess it's like everything else on Princess. Sometimes you can do a thing and sometimes you can't. It all depends on the personnel there at the time.

I have never had a problem getting a set of menus. I just ask nicely. I don't collect, but take them to my TA, who files them away. I usually sail lines that she does not sell a lot of, so she likes to have daily programs and menus to show clients with an interest in that line. EM

There was one poster here who proudly announced that he

tipped his steward, so he could keep the robes as a souvenier.

So, I guess princess would be happy with just menus.

My experience on Princess has been if you simply ask a head

waiter for menus, they will give you a set. They usually give

you new, vs. previously handled as well.

Yes I sure will they will give you a set. I believe that all the menus are printed with an imprint on the very bottom with cruise Number, and the date. Could be wrong but please ask anyway.

No. What is there is a number such as D 2/13 which is what was on our menu on night 10 of a 10 day cruise in January this year. I think that means a dinner menu that was first used in February, 2013.

Thank you all for the nice replies. My airline menu collection goes back to the 1960's to current. Menus really are a 'snapshot' of the time. From over the top "trader Vic's " type cuisine in 60's to 'healthy options' in current times, etc. Looking forward to my Princess cruise menus.