Complementary gift question

On our last cruise we received a cute little box of cookies/dried fruit upon arrival in our cabin. My husband swears there is somewhere online in the "my cruise" portion (same place where you choose your set up for your beds etc..) that will let you choose what complementary gift you receive. I've looked everywhere on our reservation and can't find a thing. I don't think he knows what he's talking about, but told him I would ask the experts here :)

PS - We are diamond members (not diamond+). if that makes a difference.

Thanks

On our last cruise we received a cute little box of cookies/dried fruit upon arrival in our cabin. My husband swears there is somewhere online in the "my cruise" portion (same place where you choose your set up for your beds etc..) that will let you choose what complementary gift you receive. I've looked everywhere on our reservation and can't find a thing. I don't think he knows what he's talking about, but told him I would ask the experts here :)

PS - We are diamond members (not diamond+). if that makes a difference.

Thanks

I do not think you have to request that welcome gift, though the form may have changed since you sailed.

The little boxes were cute, but probably produced too much trash (box, plastic wrap, ribbon, shredded paper). On our last couple cruises we have gotten the cookies and nuts in a black bag as a welcome gift along with a bottle of water.

I just got off a B2B on the Jewel, and all the freebies had been changed slightly from my last cruise (TA, April 2014). I was in a D1 Balcony for both.

1) For the 1st time ever, I had sample size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand cream, in addition to bars of soap.

2) The "gift" was a simple bag of mini-chocolate chip cookies. I did get the plate of chocolate covered strawberries and stuff the 2nd day.

3) My beverage choice is diet coke, but for each leg, I was also gifted two bottles of water. Yes, they were a gift. Different brand than what is in the mini-fridge, and I used them and was not charged for them.

I was Diamond for these two cruises, but they took me over the threshold to Diamond +.

I just got off a B2B on the Jewel, and all the freebies had been changed slightly from my last cruise (TA, April 2014). I was in a D1 Balcony for both.

1) For the 1st time ever, I had sample size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand cream, in addition to bars of soap.

2) The "gift" was a simple bag of mini-chocolate chip cookies. I did get the plate of chocolate covered strawberries and stuff the 2nd day.

3) My beverage choice is diet coke, but for each leg, I was also gifted two bottles of water. Yes, they were a gift. Different brand than what is in the mini-fridge, and I used them and was not charged for them.

I was Diamond for these two cruises, but they took me over the threshold to Diamond +.

Awesome!

We have also gotten 2 small bottles of water the past few cruises. That is in addition to our beverage choice (2 beers). I thought it was strange as I thought we only got the 2 beers and a bottle of wine for the second D+) choice.

Edited by molly361

OK....my parents just reached Diamond on their last cruise. We are cruising with them again in April. Is there some free beverage they are supposed to request? They know nothing about their Diamond 'perks', so I (at lowly Gold level) keep trying to educate them! :D

OK....my parents just reached Diamond on their last cruise. We are cruising with them again in April. Is there some free beverage they are supposed to request? They know nothing about their Diamond 'perks', so I (at lowly Gold level) keep trying to educate them! :D

They can use the Profile section on Royal's website to choose their "Welcome Aboard" drink.

They will also get 3 drink vouchers per evening that they can use at any bar during the hours of Diamond Lounge cocktail hour. This is automatic, there is nothing to choose in advance.

On all three of our B2B2B Navigator cruises we did last month the Diamond Welcome Aboard gift for both of us was one package containing eight small shortbread cookies and no nuts. One of these packages is shown below. Also on the first cruise we only received one complimentary 500ml bottle of water in our cabin and I had to ask for my can of diet coke that is listed in my Diamond gift preference.

Two years ago on our bottom end Oz/NZ Voyager cruise we each got a package of shortbread cookies, a package of dried fruit/nuts and DW got her two bottles of water, which were liter size and I two cans of soda.

More of RCI cut backs I am guessing.

It's getting to the point where I questioning why RCI is even bothering giving out such a meager gift.

attachment.php?attachmentid=340693&d=1424230445

DSCF0022.jpg.d485ba119b0b64e2dd718d7e4be1528a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

The new food "gift" looks like this:

welcomebackgift2014_zpsae449fe5.jpg

There are two cellophane "sleeves" inside. The one on the left is almonds. The one on the right is shortbread cookies.

These are the cookies:

b777714c-c035-4814-a04f-5170cd3a6e83_zps30c1c7aa.jpg

I think those cookies ROCK!! I have loved shortbread cookies my entire life. Funny how the simplest things can make you happy. :D

Why does your Heineken say "Shanghai" on it? :confused:

DH does Heineken on cruises. On the Allure in December, there were other cities on his bottles including Amsterdam, London and Rio. He drinks a LOT of Heineken and remembers other cities but because he drinks a LOT of Heineken, he can't remember which cities. ;)

We joked that they brew with water from these cities but bet it's just marketing.

I think those cookies ROCK!! I have loved shortbread cookies my entire life. Funny how the simplest things can make you happy. :D

It's nice that someone really appreciates these cookies.

Our first package of these wasn't very tasteful and we gave away the second package to a kid on Roatan, Honduras. We still have the third which we kempt for the flight out but never did eat. It's the one shown in my previous post.

The made onboard cookies are so much better testing. These reminded us of cheap dollar store so called short bread cookies.

Then of course DW makes her own real good tasting short bread cookies

Edited by robtulipe

Totally not on topic but I wanted to wish you and Cheryl a great trip on your top of OZ cruise. I am pea green with envy!!!

Christine

On all three of our B2B2B Navigator cruises we did last month the Diamond Welcome Aboard gift for both of us was one package containing eight small shortbread cookies and no nuts. One of these packages is shown below. Also on the first cruise we only received one complimentary 500ml bottle of water in our cabin and I had to ask for my can of diet coke that is listed in my Diamond gift preference.

Two years ago on our bottom end Oz/NZ Voyager cruise we each got a package of shortbread cookies, a package of dried fruit/nuts and DW got her two bottles of water, which were liter size and I two cans of soda.

More of RCI cut backs I am guessing.

It's getting to the point where I questioning why RCI is even bothering giving out such a meager gift.

attachment.php?attachmentid=340693&d=1424230445

Totally not on topic but I wanted to wish you and Cheryl a great trip on your top of OZ cruise. I am pea green with envy!!!

Christine

Thanks Christine.

Wish you and Dave were joining us but the price had been so good since we booked on Navigator last month that our next cruise is now sold out.

Edited by robtulipe