Liberty engine issue

allydown

My point exactly! Thank you fdthird...my original post on spring breakers was trying to get the growing string of posters about spring breakers BACK onto xpcdoojk's trip report (very enjoyable) where he is also giving regular updates on the engine.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to steer this thread in any direction. :confused:

Yes, I know there is no human activity that has not occurred before. I remember being young. I did drink and I did chase girls, when I was in college, with little disregard for the consequences. That said. If I was a parent, I would make sure my young college kids didn't go on this kind of trip with me helping to pay for it. These girls have designer purses, designer gowns, high end bikinis, Tori Birch flip flops, and they are being used like street walkers happily and willingly from what I have witnessed.

Yes nothing new, but wow...:eek:

jc

PS ship is running great...

FAU in Boca is on spring break this week, you are probably seeing a lot of those students on board. It is 20 miles from the port and a lot of those kids have (someones) money to burn.

Thanks so much for the updates. I'm sailing Monday.

Minor question for you, is there body wash in the showers? It would be one less thing to pack if they have it.

We are in a JS, so I don't know if this is typical or not. We have shampoo on the wall in the bath tub / shower. I can't say that the bathtub is an improvement over the regular shower. We have soap and bottled shampoo, body wash and lotion in the the bathroom. I don't know if the regular cabins have the multiple different things on the wall of the shower or not. On Oasis last week, we had the same things in a regular balcony cabin.

jc

We are in a JS, so I don't know if this is typical or not. We have shampoo on the wall in the bath tub / shower. I can't say that the bathtub is an improvement over the regular shower. We have soap and bottled shampoo, body wash and lotion in the the bathroom. I don't know if the regular cabins have the multiple different things on the wall of the shower or not. On Oasis last week, we had the same things in a regular balcony cabin.

jc

I've only been in non-suite cabins & they have only had what I think is a shampoo type substance :confused: in the shower dispenser, then 2 bars of soap--1 in shower & 1 by sink. Let's just say I'm less than impressed by these toiletries.

If you have long hair, or sensitive skin, (or are just picky) I'd suggest bringing travel sizes of your own.

Excuse me but are the engines tuning or not??? If this was answered, it obviously got lost in all the spring break posts! Come on folks, start a new post so that those of us who are not sailing during spring break can find pertinent information about the Liberty's condition, and not get lost in your spring break concerns!

Excuse me but are the engines tuning or not??? If this was answered, it obviously got lost in all the spring break posts! Come on folks, start a new post so that those of us who are not sailing during spring break can find pertinent information about the Liberty's condition, and not get lost in your spring break concerns!

As far as I've heard, Liberty's engines are running normally now.

jc

correction, no body wash. Lotion, shampoo, soap, and accessories (hair plastic, q-tips. Shower combo shampoo conditioner.

sorry

jc

Engines are fine. We watched 2 of the 4 late running down the pier tonight, then at 8pm 1-1/2 hours late we left don't know if the last two were on or left behind.

Steering this thread back to engine issues:

Isn't the LOTS running the same set of six Wartsila 46 V-12 engines as the Oasis-class of RCI ships?

I believe that each cylinder makes between 1400 and 1500 hp and run at only about 600 rpm.

Liberty has 6 12V46 engines, while Oasis has 3 12V46 and 3 16V46 engines.

Is there a question about the power and speed in regard to the reported problem with the turbochargers?

Given the speed she made to Belize this week, I would say that at least 5 of 6 engines are in operation, as was suggested by the onboard poster who said one engine was repaired at FLL, and one was being repaired on the way to Belize.

I believe that one engine was out for maintenance the previous cruise when the other two engines failed, causing the reduction in speed to around 10 knots (having only 3 engines available). Having one engine out of service is very common; a routine overhaul, which takes place every 12,000 running hours (roughly every 2 years) can take up to 2-3 weeks. 5 of Liberty's 6 engines still allows full power to the pods for propulsion, and full power to the hotel load, and remain under the normal operating load limit of 80% of online capacity.

correction, no body wash. Lotion, shampoo, soap, and accessories (hair plastic, q-tips. Shower combo shampoo conditioner.

sorry

jc

Engines are fine. We watched 2 of the 4 late running down the pier tonight, then at 8pm 1-1/2 hours late we left don't know if the last two were on or left behind.

Thank you Xp for the great trip report, and all things in it. It has become my escape from all the freaking snow here in the NE. Any kickoffs? Thank you for the engine updates and the info. on them.

Thank you Xp for the great trip report, and all things in it. It has become my escape from all the freaking snow here in the NE. Any kickoffs? Thank you for the engine updates and the info. on them.

None, that I know of. I just talked to the Diamond Concierge and he said they all got on board about 45 minutes late.

jc

We seem a bit slow tonight, but I think we are on schedule. Off to see Saturday Night Fever in about 10. I am now locked in on cruises at this time of the year from the second and 3rd weeks of February only...

jc

We seem a bit slow tonight, but I think we are on schedule. Off to see Saturday Night Fever in about 10. I am now locked in on cruises at this time of the year from the second and 3rd weeks of February only...

jc

The week that has President's Day is a big school vacation week for many states in the Northeast so if you don't mind the K-12 crowd, then you will be all set.

JC Thanks 4 the update, I hope you enjoyed the show? Weren't you guys in Cozumel today? I would of thought they would of all been at the bars right there, but at alas I bet they are starting to hit a barrier of heat and to much alcohol consecutive days. I wonder if deck 2 doctor area has been busy! Is into the air show tomorrow night?

Cozumel was Tuesday. We sailed really slow most of the night. We are in the channel, since I am in an Aft cabin I can't see forward, but we are passing the channel marker bouys very slowly. This is probably typical. That said, I would have thought we would be at the dock at 6:40 ship time.

Curious.

jc

Cozumel was Tuesday. We sailed really slow most of the night. We are in the channel, since I am in an Aft cabin I can't see forward, but we are passing the channel marker bouys very slowly. This is probably typical. That said, I would have thought we would be at the dock at 6:40 ship time.

Curious.

jc

Hi JC. Looks like a nice day in FLL. Safe travels home and thanks for reporting in about the propulsion issues and flowriding fun.

Andrew

Curious.

jc

Thanks for the updates jc.

The week that has President's Day is a big school vacation week for many states in the Northeast so if you don't mind the K-12 crowd, then you will be all set.

This.

Last February I happened to do a last minute trip with my oldest daughter to Florida. We had absolutely beautiful weather, and one day decided to do a day trip to Disney, Magic Kingdom. I think it was a Wednesday, and we expected no crowds. Were we wrong. Not as bad as a spring break, but it was definitely more crowded than we expected due to schools in the Northeast being off that week.

Curious.

jc

The port schedule for today has you docked in Cozumel at 0800. So it seems that you are arriving at right about the correct time.

The port schedule for today has you docked in Cozumel at 0800. So it seems that you are arriving at right about the correct time.

Uhh, that's Serenade in Cozumel today. Liberty is docked in FLL. It's turn-around day.