Why do you cruise, whether Carnival or any cruiseline

I cruise because I love the fact that our family can do it as a group with things that appeal to each of us in our own way. Some of the folks love the ports, others like to just eat and eat, I love my balcony and a good book without worrying about fixing dinner or cleaning and knowing that all of us our having a good time. And I especially like that the pricing fits into our budget and not having to worry about finding transportation to get us from point A to B, or having to choose a restaurant that will appeal to the whole group.

Why do you cruise?

It was engrained in me by my father. He has always been a ship enthusiast and he has great stories dating back to his Atlantic crossings aboard classic ocean liners. He was even aboard the Ile de France, which rescued passengers from the ill fated Andrea Doria back in the 1950's

He introduced my siblings and I to cruising when we were small children growing up in Puerto Rico. And even to this day, its a passion that we share. Now that I have my own kids, I'm passing that passion on to them, and they seem to be enjoying it as well. [emoji5]️

Yes, cruising is a wonderful vacation experience, but the one thing that makes it so interesting to me is the technical stuff. Ship comparisons, statistical data, etc.

Edited by Tapi

I never thought I would ever get to the beautiful Caribbean, until I took my first cruise. I find it the most economical way to see Paradise. Love the fact that you have your room, meals, and entertainment for a low cost. Not having to cook or clean is a plus as well. I'm one that if I don't have a cruised booked I get very Antsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the most relaxing vacation for me plus it is budget friendly. Nothing is worse than trying to keep a group entertained and fed 3 times a day in a crowded resort or beach town. Sometimes I am ready to go home just to get a break. On a cruise it is all taken care of which means the weight is off my shoulders. I love it because I can be as active or sedentary as I want with a plus of waking up in some pretty amazing places to spend the day.

Edited by ray98

I love being on the ocean. An ocean front view is nothing compared to an on the ocean view that is constantly changing.

I love the all inclusive nature of a cruise. Everything is right there. This is much like an all inclusive resort, but this all inclusive resort is on a new island every morning.

Top if off with being cheaper per person per day than any vacation I am aware of.

There is truly nothing like cruising.

As a landlocked mid-westerner I love being on the ocean for several days. We don't get to see it much, and it is a welcome change.

I think for us, the important difference between cruising and any other vacation is the sense of escape. I like that I have to turn my phone off, and I like that internet is expensive. It keeps me disconnected and gives me an excuse to tell others I will simply not be reachable. I can't do that in almost any other way.

So far I've chosen Carnival for the price and value. But I choose each trip based on its own merits, and would choose another line if I felt it offered a better value/experience on that individual trip. NCL has been tempting, but has yet to have a specific trip that I can take that beats a similar Carnival experience.

It's the buffet of traveling - and I don't mean food buffet. We have very short attention spans so waking up in a different place everyday without having to physically pack up and move works great for us. As DH pointed out a few years ago, we have never taken a vacation to just one destination, not even our honeymoon. We were totally hooked after our first cruise and loved being on the ship and exploring all of the different ports.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Travel expands the mind and gives one new perspectives on the world. Cruising allowed me to have fun and scout new islands and lands that I hadn't been to yet to decide if I wanted to go back for a more extended land stay.

I don't confine myself to the artificial shopping corrals and imitation beaches that cruise lines build next to their docks. I like to get out and see the countryside, ruins, reefs, and talk to locals.

As a solo cruiser, I do look for value while cruising, which means that Carnival is not always my 1st choice. I am near Diamond status, but may not get it if Carnival continues its 200% solo supplement.

I cruise for two reasons:

1. It is the only vacation I can take where I am 100% unavailable from work. No cell service and my job is too cheap to pay for Internet (thank the Lord)

2. I cruise to visit islands that I do not want to visit for a land vacation. There are some islands that I want to visit for a day and that's it. For me a cruise is the perfect way to do this.

When I hit the jackpot, I can take my private jet and island hop instead. For now, a cruise will have to do. I do cruise for the ship also but mainly I cruise for ports.

I cruise because I love the fact that our family can do it as a group with things that appeal to each of us in our own way. Some of the folks love the ports, others like to just eat and eat, I love my balcony and a good book without worrying about fixing dinner or cleaning and knowing that all of us our having a good time. And I especially like that the pricing fits into our budget and not having to worry about finding transportation to get us from point A to B, or having to choose a restaurant that will appeal to the whole group.

Why do you cruise?

We cruise for the relaxation of the ocean, quality family/couple time, the ease of traveling to exotic ports, the walking distance to entertainment, and having someone else cook and clean for us.

It's a break from driving! All our holidays have included either touring with our own car or hiring abroad, and the best part of taking our own was finally stowing it on the ferry, then having a night or so on a ship. :cool:

Slowly, the idea of seeing places without having to fill up, follow the map, watch out for traffic signs in another language became that of just driving to a port, parking and forgetting the car for a couple of weeks- yet still seeing many different sights.

I love the ocean. I love the look my DH gets on his face when we step on the ship. I love the look my DH keeps on his face for the entire cruise. I love not having to decide every day where we are having dinner. I love that the only people who can contact us are our pet sitter, and DH's family.